Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how long will the $20 come?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Hi, 

just wonder how long i will see the current promo $20 comes to my account?

I have referred my friend.  My friend sees the $10 on his account already..

for me.. i see the $1/month refer friend reward.. but I don't see the $20 yet.. how long would it appear on my acccount?

thanks

23 REPLIES 23

gowifi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

how did you get it? and you need to activate it?

WeAreX
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

at least 2 weeks as i have tried that on last xmas and you have to activate it and it is not free lunch for sure

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think that promo was basically a voucher. And they may have redeemed it into the account at activation.

@gowifi : can you look back in your payment history and see if you had a deposit of $20 early on? Or did you get a piece of paper like a receipt that might have a PIN or voucher or 12 digit code on it?

But this topic is actually about the referral credit so we'll see what gowifi means by "London drug".

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@gowifi wrote:

when is London drug?

Most promos appear within 30 days of activation.

If you have not received it within 30 days contact a moderator. Choose chat bubble in lower right hand corner.

ld.jpg

gowifi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

when is London drug?

Maybe I better stop holding my breath?

AE_Collector

Last year a frequent promo was $25 instead of $10 to the new customer and $25 to the referrIng customer as well as the usual $1/month. Then later it came back as just an extra $20 for the referring person (plus $1/each renewal) and the normal $10 to the new customer. Both these offers would stack with new customer Promos that were running at the same time giving the new customer 2nd month free or $10 credits for first 6 renewals. Life was GrEaT if you had a few people waiting in the wings. Hoping to see a little of that again soon!

AE_Collector

@Jb456 wrote:

@softech  It's likely one time offer for just $20. They had the same offer a few months ago and Catherine that works for Public Mobile confirmed it was one. So this offer is likely the same.

Good job on referring two people right out the gate 👏👏

thanks. 

As I mentioned, one of the 2, i wasn't even aware until after the fact 🙂

@softech  It's likely one time offer for just $20. They had the same offer a few months ago and Catherine that works for Public Mobile confirmed it was one. So this offer is likely the same.

Good job on referring two people right out the gate 👏👏

@NDesai wrote:

@softech As per the details given to us, it will apply on Dec 1st. 

"The bonus will appear in the customer’s Self Serve on December 1, 2020."

sorry.. i didn't understand the fine print.. is this $20 a one time for one friend referral only?  I happen to have 2 friends joined during this promotion (ending end of month), would I get 2 x$20 or still just one $20?

@NDesai wrote:

@softech wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

Interesting.. the new comer got the credit at once but not us. LoL

Yes, this is a different kind of offer. In the past, credits to both parties applied within a few days. This is a targeted offer so terms are different. 

thanks.. honest.. i wasn't aware this is a targeted offer.  Happened that this month, 2 of my friends joined .. one of them, i wasn't even know he joined.. i gave him the code long time ago and happened that he joined on the right time

@softech wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

Yes, this is a different kind of offer. In the past, credits to both parties applied within a few days. This is a targeted offer so terms are different. 

@NDesai wrote:

@Anonymous  wrote:

Thanks @NDesai . Drat. I didn't get one of those again.

Well, i know you have at least 1 referral 🙂

"On November 9, we will be sending an SMS with a one-time Refer-A-Friend offer to select Public Mobile customers who have never made a referral. "

@Anonymous wrote:

@dabr : Oh right. I got one of those back on Sep 2. Valid until Sep 23. I tried to get a relative in but they dragged their feet. Still haven't.

This one is a new offer...😊

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv wrote:

@softech ,

Hi - I heard of a promo like this back in November 2019. Is there another...oooh, please, do tell!

🙂

@esjliv   Yes it was maybe about a week ago and only one account received this text offer.  All the household accounts received the earlier one.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabr : Oh right. I got one of those back on Sep 2. Valid until Sep 23. I tried to get a relative in but they dragged their feet. Still haven't.

Thanks @NDesai . Drat. I didn't get one of those again.

Actual text of the offer:

"Hey <name>. Save more with Public Mobile when you share more. 

Refer a friend before Nov 29 to get a $20 one-time bonus plus the usual Reward - $10 for them and $1/mo for you. Share your unique code today: <unique code here>.

Visit:publicmobile.ca/get-help/articles/the-refer-a-friend-reward. Friend must activate before 11:59pm Nov 29. You’ll get a confirmation SMS early December when the bonus is applied. Only valid for <phone number>. To opt out of Public Mobile offers and deals, reply ‘unsubscribe’."

@softech ,

If you did receive a promo like this, these rewards usually show up before within 30 days on your account.

You could check with the mods.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen to talk to SIMon the chat bot or link:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

OR

2 - Contact the Public Mobile  Moderator_Team via private message using this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@softech ,

Hi - I heard of a promo like this back in November 2019. Is there another...oooh, please, do tell!

🙂

@Anonymous wrote:

@softech wrote:

Hi, 

for me.. i see the $1/month refer friend reward.. but I don't see the $20 yet.. how long would it appear on my acccount?

thanks

What $20? Is there a referral promo going on?

Are you thinking of the London Drugs $20 "airtime"?

@Anonymous   I believe some customers received a text message from PM offering $20 credit for new referrals recently.  One of our household accounts received this offer.

@softech   I don't have access to that message right now to clarify the details, but usually PM says to allow 30 days for credits to be added to account.  What does it say in your text offer?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech wrote:

Hi, 

thanks

What $20? Is there a referral promo going on?

Are you thinking of the London Drugs $20 "airtime"?

Need Help? Let's chat.