cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i lower my monthly phone bill in the community forum?

Lteguy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
what is the maximum i can save off my 3 months phone bill cycle for posting in the pm community? 
10 REPLIES 10

jeffster1970
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Good to know. Guess if new ones treat it like they would other forums, as in, not just trying to earn money but more or less trying to help out others, on a regular basis, they might get a buck or two a month discount.  I frequent some site in my spare time, none offer anything other than reputations or kudo's or whatever, so this is a nice change. 

Thanks...

@srlawren wrote:

@Lteguy I moved this from Phones & Hardware to Rewards, since it's about the community reward, not about phones or hardware.

As noted by others, the amount of time it takes to make the kind of contrbutions that put you in the top tiers of community rewards really aren't worth it for the discount.  Quite honestly you could probably make more money using that same amount of time collecting and returning pop cans and bottles. The community reward is intended as a little bonus for being helpful, but you really have to think of it as a labour of love with a small bonus.  

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lteguy I moved this from Phones & Hardware to Rewards, since it's about the community reward, not about phones or hardware.

As noted by others, the amount of time it takes to make the kind of contrbutions that put you in the top tiers of community rewards really aren't worth it for the discount.  Quite honestly you could probably make more money using that same amount of time collecting and returning pop cans and bottles. The community reward is intended as a little bonus for being helpful, but you really have to think of it as a labour of love with a small bonus.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@SD08 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

It would be more work than its worth to run three separate accounts in the community forum.  Budget based on getting $6 per month maximum.  Don't even think of using one account to boost the rating of another account.  The offending accounts can be banned for nefarious activities.  

@will13am

I don't think the OP was saying they have 3 accounts.  OP was referring to their "3 months phone bill cycle", i.e. how much can they save on a 90-day cycle via community rewards.

Oh, I feel so embarrassed!  Time to get new reading glasses and a lobotomy.  Robot Embarassed

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The forum participation rewards shouldn't really be looked at as a "way to lower your cell phone bill."  Just help out around the forums when you can, make yourself useful, and you'll get a few bucks off every month.  Definitely don't be one of those people "me-too"ing every post on the forums in an attempt to bump up your ranking... First of all, it's annoying, and second of all, it's not worth your time - for the sake of two to four bucks a month, spending hours upon hours in the forums isn't even *remotely* worth it.

SD08

@Lteguy

Here is the information for community rewards:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Community-Reward/m-p/415/highlight/true#M5

The $10/month reward level is reserved for oracles.  Realistically, unless you are prepared to spend a lot of your time on this forum, I wouldn't budget on saving more than $4/month (or $12 per 90-day cycle).  The lower reward levels are very achievable.  Anyone who makes a reasonable effort to contribute should manage to earn some level of reward.

Your reward level is determined by a combination of your total contribution statistics in any given month, including topics started, replies made, bravos received, bravos given, solutions authored, solutions accepted, lab ideas posted, etc.  Only PM knows the formula by which these are all evaluated.

Note, in order for rewards to be properly credited, both your PM self-serve account and your community account must have the same e-mail address.

SD08

@will13am wrote:

It would be more work than its worth to run three separate accounts in the community forum.  Budget based on getting $6 per month maximum.  Don't even think of using one account to boost the rating of another account.  The offending accounts can be banned for nefarious activities.  

@will13am

I don't think the OP was saying they have 3 accounts.  OP was referring to their "3 months phone bill cycle", i.e. how much can they save on a 90-day cycle via community rewards.

Vickel

The rewards are not really worth the amount of time you have to spend posting on the forums.

That said, Kudos to all the oracles and active members for their knowledge and inner workings of the Public Mobile system.

They have helped me out quite a few times.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Raven_Jet
Remember, it isn't about the highest number of posts, but quality and to help out the community with new members etc.

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

Maxium you can save is around $6 ( i think the orcales save $10-12) per 30 days. But how much you save (your ranking) is determined on a few factors, not by how much posts you make. Its also based on solutions received, bravos given, ect.

Need Help? Let's chat.