cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

friend referred

canirolf
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I've mentioned to my friend about the Public Mobile a while ago and he switched   first his daughter and then him the rest of family, wife son, mother father.

He mentioned my name and phone number (as he mentioned to me), however, I don’t see under rewards any referred friend

Since he didn’t have a code from me are there any chances to be consider as referred friend under my account?

Thank you

18 REPLIES 18

@anahita17 

You have started your own thread....so since this post has answered my question I will reply in your thread.

anahita17

Hi,

My account is not being rewarded by refer a friend reward code

CanadianPerson0
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'd hate having to give random strangers my real name & phone number. I don't think having that as a secondary option would be bad. But a code makes much more sense and allows community members to get credit for helping out.

Giving a 6? digit code to somebody isn't too tough.

@ziojoe 

This is the great thing about the community its how you find out about the ins and outs of pm. That is the official word but it is well known that the moderators will add a referral code afterwards if it a reasonable time frame since activation.

ziojoe

According to the site, you need to have them use the code when they register, they can't add someone as a referral afterwards.

"If your friend forgets to enter your code, we can’t manually apply the credit to your account, so make sure they do it right the first time! Below is what the referral field looks like:"

Seawatersoul

Thankyou for making sure to add that tidbit... especially for those who are new to the community like myself 💟💜☮️☮️😉✌️

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@canirolf 

They changed to referral codes for privacy reasons when it used to be names and phone numbers. But that's before my time. I'm happy enough with just the referral code the way it is now.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@canirolf wrote:

Hello, I've mentioned to my friend about the Public Mobile a while ago and he switched   first his daughter and then him the rest of family, wife son, mother father.

He mentioned my name and phone number (as he mentioned to me), however, I don’t see under rewards any referred friend

Since he didn’t have a code from me are there any chances to be consider as referred friend under my account?

Thank you

Basically you had one only opportunity for ONE only referral. And if your friend did some pre work study on PM, he/she would have used his/her referral code for the rest of the family. For future opportunities...know what your referral code is.....make a business card or jot it down on slips of paper.  That is what I do.....and hand them out in front of the Bell Mobile store. 

@canirolf They changed it because customers wanted codes. Codes are much better. You don't have to give your phone number to a coworker or classmate to refer them.

Jaffar272
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The referel code is located in your account on the right top corner in a square box. When you refer a friend always use this refrrel code . I hope this will help you in the future.

canirolf

Thanks, there should not be any code involved here, just the name and phone number of the person that referred you.

Its almost the same code or name /phone number, however, personally, I prefer the second.

So far, almost everywhere people that leave comments or refer a business with a good service leave their names not a code that identified them.

Public Mobile shall revise this issue.

@canirolf 

Ask your friend if he got his $10 bonus referral credit. If he did then you know somebody's code was used. If he didn't then give him your code and tell or show him how to contact the moderators to ask for it to be added.

@Anonymous wrote:

@canirolf : And really...it's more on that new customer to ask to have a referral code applied to their account. Not the existing customer who referred. After which you would then see the dollar referral reward in _your_ account.

Also, a retailer would know that they can't do anything with a customer's name and phone number when it comes to a referral.  For this reason, I wonder if a different referral code was used.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@canirolf : And really...it's more on that new customer to ask to have a referral code applied to their account. Not the existing customer who referred. After which you would then see the dollar referral reward in _your_ account.

@canirolf wrote:

I guess that is the explanation , the link put me to the robot , I will try to contact Customer Service. Thanks for replying, Regards

I'm aware of that, but that's how customer service is contacted. When asking about account specific issues, the option  is given to contact a moderator (customer service).

canirolf

I guess that is the explanation , the link put me to the robot , I will try to contact Customer Service. Thanks for replying, Regards

@canirolf wrote:

For a referral to be received, the person activating must use your referral code.  This explaiin why you did not receive the reward for it. The help articles say that it isn't possible to add a referral after the fact, but some people have had luck in the past by opening a ticket at:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Keep in mind though that, in my opinion, you're unlikely to receive the referrals for each of these activations as it would have made more sense for the person who you told about Public Mobile to use his code to refer the rest of his family.

Need Help? Let's chat.