cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

friend referral

Wanting to clarify the friend referral.....so if my friend uses my code - who gets the $10 credit? I know it can take 72 hours to show up.....I know I will get the 1$ for every month my friend stays on.....it's the initial that I'm not clear on


Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: friend referral

Currently @hp_ph If this is your first ever referral, until 11.59 PM est May 31st. You will get as the referer a one time $20 which will be credited before June 5th and your $1 per 30 day cycle.  Your friend the referred gets the $10 one time payment within 72 hours.  See link 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/the-refer-a-friend-reward

Stay safe. 

View solution in original post


All Replies
Highlighted
Oracle

Re: friend referral


@hp_ph wrote:

Wanting to clarify the friend referral.....so if my friend uses my code - who gets the $10 credit? I know it can take 72 hours to show up.....I know I will get the 1$ for every month my friend stays on.....it's the initial that I'm not clear on


Your friend will get the $10.  If this is your first referral you are eligible for a one time $20 credit up until the end of the month I think that promo was going.


* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click the "?" in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: friend referral

@hp_ph  Your friend gets the$10 bonus.

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: friend referral

Currently @hp_ph If this is your first ever referral, until 11.59 PM est May 31st. You will get as the referer a one time $20 which will be credited before June 5th and your $1 per 30 day cycle.  Your friend the referred gets the $10 one time payment within 72 hours.  See link 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/the-refer-a-friend-reward

Stay safe. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: friend referral

@hp_ph@ShawnC13 Your friend will get the 20$ one-time discount, you will get the 10$ one time discount, and a recurring 1$ monthly discount.

Highlighted
Oracle

Re: friend referral


@pharaohpeter wrote:

@hp_ph@ShawnC13 Your friend will get the 20$ one-time discount, you will get the 10$ one time discount, and a recurring 1$ monthly discount.


@pharaohpeterthis is incorrect.  The new customer will get the $10 and the referrer if it is their first referral are eligible to get $20 if done by the end of the month.


* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click the "?" in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *
Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: friend referral

@ShawnC13 Worth noting that to get the $20 for your first referral you need to have been a customer on 14 May. From the nitty gritty.....

 

"To qualify for referral bonus, referer must be a customer as of May 14"

 

I referred a friend after the 14th (not my first) and told him wrongly that if he referred his next 3 phones in the family in sequence they would each get the bonus (except the last one). He was changing anyways but I should have read the fine print lol.

Highlighted
Oracle

Re: friend referral


@kevenv wrote:

@ShawnC13 Worth noting that to get the $20 for your first referral you need to have been a customer on 14 May. From the nitty gritty.....

 

"To qualify for referral bonus, referer must be a customer as of May 14"

 

I referred a friend after the 14th (not my first) and told him wrongly that if he referred his next 3 phones in the family in sequence they would each get the bonus (except the last one). He was changing anyways but I should have read the fine print lol.


@kevenv ahhh the fine print!!  I probably should have paid more attention but as all my accounts already have referrals this didn't mean anything to me.  Thanks for that.


* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click the "?" in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *
Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: friend referral

@kevenv that makes sense otherwise a bunch of people would open accounts to get that referral bonus. @popping had written out a plan on another thread but I guess it wouldn't work. I think with Public Mobile you really do need to read through those conditions before giving your friends false information by accident. 

 

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: friend referral


@Naepalm wrote:

@kevenv that makes sense otherwise a bunch of people would open accounts to get that referral bonus. @popping had written out a plan on another thread but I guess it wouldn't work. I think with Public Mobile you really do need to read through those conditions before giving your friends false information by accident. 

 


I don't agree that would happen. The new customer would (normally) be spending at least $10 for a sim card and $15 on a plan.  Assuming that it is the existing customer opening a brand new account, That's $25 being spent to receive a $20 credit on the existing account (that hasn't referred someone before).

 

The new account would get a $10 credit (that doesn't benefit the existing customer in any way).  As any new customer can get that $10 credit by getting referred, someone isn't going to pay anything for that (or at least not likely to). So, you'll end up paying $5 for a $15 plan (the difference between the normal $25 cost of a sim card and a $15 plan).  Assuming that the account gets sold to someone, someone probably won't be willing to pay the full $15 because the clock on the plan is already ticking down.  

 

If someone were to do this, it's Public Mobile who would be laughing to bank when it comes to new accounts opened that weren't even needed.