cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in sign up

SusieQ20
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My son signed up with Public Mobile yesterday. The clerk waiting on him forgot to put in my referral code. When he was asked about doing it he said he was unable to do it and that we had to contact "the higher-ups". Who do I contact to get this done?

5 REPLIES 5

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@SusieQ20 

Note: If your son already activated his card without using your referral code he can still submit a ticket to PM and ask them nicely to apply your code and get the $10 credit added to his account.

To submit a ticket to the Public Mobile please have him start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMON by clicking this link.

1. Enter Mod at the Ask me anything prompt and hit return
    2. Select Account-specific question
    3. Select No, I want a human
    4. Select the Click me! link

In his message explain that the clerk did not enter your referral code during activation and if it would be possible to add to his account.

The message will be received by Public Mobile and they will respond to it. You will receive a response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Public Mobile Moderator Team.

If he is still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here.

The link will send him  to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. Just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post.

Hope this helps!

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Do what @hairbag1 said. Settting up your PM account/sim yourself is not hard at all. Doing it yourself eliminates someone else not doing correctly and you having to fix their error they created.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@SusieQ20 your son has to contact the moderators and ask them to add it. Tell them that he forgot to apply your referral code on sign up. Give him your referral code and PM cell phone number to give to the moderators. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@SusieQ20 wrote:

My son signed up with Public Mobile yesterday. The clerk waiting on him forgot to put in my referral code. When he was asked about doing it he said he was unable to do it and that we had to contact "the higher-ups". Who do I contact to get this done?

He'll have to start process. Go to top of this page and click Get Help / Chat with Simon to start process of moderator assistance.

Need Help? Let's chat.