cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

downgrade from $25 to $15 plan.

killerofmusic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am currently in the $25 plan. I get $2 auto pay bonus rn. I am want to downgrade to $15 plan. I have a few free add ons currently, i.e. 1 gb canada wide data. I was wondering if i downgrade, will i loose the auto pay bonus, add on and referal money that my dada gets?

Thanks 

13 REPLIES 13

Nickwood247

nope you will not lose thoes rewarda if you down grade

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@killerofmusic wrote:

@Jb456 

Thanks a lot. Yes i plan to select "change at next renewal". Thanks a lot for your help.

That's the way to do it!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious wrote:

@killerofmusic  One more piece of advice....an Auto pay fail is sometimes triggered by a plan downgrade. Top up your account to cover the new plan amount. Just in case....

@killerofmusic 

I would manually topup with $25 available fund just in case PM server is still checking for the $25(old plan fee) instead of $15(new plan fee). 

It will be very safe to topup to plan fee with the higher value plan.  Therefore, no matter what PM server does, you will be renewed correctly to avoid suspension.

@killerofmusic  One more piece of advice....an Auto pay fail is sometimes triggered by a plan downgrade. Top up your account to cover the new plan amount. Just in case....

killerofmusic

@Jb456 

Thanks a lot. Yes i plan to select "change at next renewal". Thanks a lot for your help.

@killerofmusic wrote:

I got 1GB add on during christmas. I checked the fine print it seems to be in line with my plans.

You're fine. I have that add-on on 2 accounts that I lowered to the $15 plan.

It will stay.

killerofmusic

@gblackma 

I got 1GB add on during christmas. I checked the fine print it seems to be in line with my plans.

killerofmusic

@mimmo 

Thanks for the reply.

I use a very little data. I have wifi everywhere I go. I tried last month using as much data as i can and it was atmost 400mb. 3G speed doesnt let me smoothly view videos. So i usually just download them over wifi before commute. I also dont talk much. Plus all my friends/family have unlimited calling so i will just get them to call me. Also i have an Add on incase of emergency.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Always best to change plans at next renewal or you will lose the value of your current plan. PM is a prepaid service. No, you will not lose the add ons or rewards you currently have unless certain add ons stipulate no plan changes to retain the add on.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@killerofmusic what add on are you referring to. You would have to check the fine print if it's a bonus addon that you got when you signed up.

@killerofmusic wrote:

I am currently in the $25 plan. I get $2 auto pay bonus rn. I am want to downgrade to $15 plan. I have a few free add ons currently, i.e. 1 gb canada wide data. I was wondering if i downgrade, will i loose the auto pay bonus, add on and referal money that my dada gets?

Thanks 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@killerofmusic  I take it you are a very lite data user. how much do you use a month? 

My personal view on the add-on is it's a great emergency backup if you run out of data on your cycle, not a good primary source, but  If you can stretch the 1gb add-on over multiple months then It's probably with it.  

@killerofmusic  Unless your add on came specifically from an activation promotion you will not lose any of those things. Add ons stay until they are used up and Auto Pay stays as long as it's registered. Follow @Jb456 advice about scheduling it to change at next renewal. If you need to purchase the $5/500 min add on and it will supplement the $15 plans outgoing calling for months or even a year or more allowing you to save the extra $10 you pay now.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

No you won't.

Be sure to select "change at next renewal" this way you will maintain current plan till your payment due date. When it's due you will be charged new plan and it will start.

If you select change now you would be charged right away and new plan would start and no refund for days / data you have left on $25 plan. (500mb + 500mb bonus for autopay)

Need Help? Let's chat.