Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

do we get discount on boxing day and black friday

jashn98
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

7 REPLIES 7

aespena
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

From personal experience, I have worked in the wireless industry for 5 years. 

Since Public is a prepaid service...

The deals that are visible on the website nationwide and periodically pop up seasonally would consist of:

• $0.00 Sim card when activating a public mobile plan in-store at participating retailers. 
  • Bonus data on regular pre-made 30 day packages
  • Community support and referral $$ kick backs

The deals that periodically pop up while logged into your public mobile account:

• Sharing is caring!Refer a friend and they’ll receive a one-time $10 credit. Plus we’ll take $1 off your payment every month for as long as they stay with us!
     Visit our Community. By helping others, you could earn up to $20 off your plan every 30 days!
  • $25 credit towards your next month if you refer a friend

The deals that are targeted to customers via text: (Post paid migration offers, Bring your own phone plans or with a phone on a 2 yr agreement):

• "Switch to Koodo and you can get a $_______ plan with ___GB of Data"
  • "Switch to Koodo and you can get a phone on the tab for $0.00 on select phones with a $_______ plan with ___GB of Data" 
  • these targeted offers are given mainly to customers that are on Public for more than 3-6 months. 
  • they are conditional in the sense that you would need to apply for the offer through a credit check. 

As for Boxing day and holiday deals, those would be the ones that you could see from Public. Most of the holiday sales are geared towards postpaid phone plans and 2 yr agreements. The benefit of being on Public is that if you are on public for 30 days, you can switch tp Koodo or Telus with incentives in store like bill credits and eligibility of phones, given you are approved through credit check. 

Hope this helps! 

staticcory
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@computergeek541 wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

Promotions happen at random, and sometimes they are secret also.

You have to be prepared to take action when they happen.

I'm not sure I undrestand the rationale behind the "secret" promotions.  What's the point of them if they aren't advertised?  Even if the customer is at a retail location and there's some type of promo with in-store activation, the employee could simply deny the existance of the promotion if asked by the customer.

Are there actually "secret" promotions? I assume this person is referring to promotions like "migration offers", where texts are sent to individul people, and only the people that receive those messages, are allowed to switch to those promotions. But other than those, every other promotion seems to be accounced and documented somewhere, whether it's on this forum, or splashed across the PM home page.

Honesty, their business model of relying on word of mouth, and not paying for advertising has worked for them tremendously. Paying for expensive tv commercials, and throwing posters up everywhere, doesn't always do the trick, but beating your competition in pricing, does. You'd be surprised how well word of mouth works, especially with sites like RedFlag.
I'd prefer that they keep up this model, because if they don't, expect plans to rise in price.

@stonechucker wrote:

I'm not sure I undrestand the rationale behind the "secret" promotions.  What's the point of them if they aren't advertised?  Even if the customer is at a retail location and there's some type of promo with in-store activation, the employee could simply deny the existance of the promotion if asked by the customer.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Aapy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

well, on boxing day and a black friday people are looking to buy stuff in general and the companies are looking to sell too. Same is with public mobile. so, yes there will be promotions definitely but you would need to check the public mobile website at that time to check the available promotions for the existing customers and new customers as well.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@jashn98  If you are asking about PM sales and promos best to keeps checking the Announcements section on this site.

Need Help? Let's chat.