cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credits

manzilpatel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My Account was going to get 20 dollar credit for the bill of month June. As per my knowledge, I was going to get 20 dollar credit if we buy the new sim card from Walmart but I haven't got yet and public mobile has disabled my service and they are asking me to pay 30 dollars in order to reactivate it. The service is very poor I should have thought twice before getting it.

3 REPLIES 3

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@manzilpatel

If you got the SIM Card and activated in Walmart then the SIM card would be free.  If you decided to activate at home the SIM card would cost you $10 in store.  As @NDesai mentioned if it was done correctly then you would have received the credit within 72 hours, and also you would have received a text message saying the credit was applied.  If I were you I would have contacted a PM Moderator after 5 business days of not receiving either.  Also, you need to make sure the plan you shose was an eligible plan.

It's up to you, if you really don't like the service (which is unfortunate because I've been with PM for a year and never had any service related issues) then you can switch, or, just pay the next months service to re-activate and in the meantime contact a moderator to work on getting the credit.  What might help if you paid for the SIM Card at Walmart, to take a screenshot of your purchase transaction (if it was paid via credit card or debit), as proof you bought a SIM Card at Walmart.

Good luck.

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

As NDesai mentioned, the $20 credit is for activating a talk and text plan at Walmart:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Get-a-SIM-20-bill-credit-when-you-activ...

If you activated a plan, it needed to be a talk and text plan, not one with data. So the $30 plan wouldn't be eligible.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

They did not offer such promo where you purchase a sim from Walamart and you get $20 credit. There were a few promos that required you to activate at Walamrt in order to receive the credit. If you did activate at Walamrt, why didn't you ask for credits earlier as there is usually a 72 hour wait time from activation date. 

Anyways, send a private message to the Moderator_Team with your account info and they will investigate depending on where you activated and what plan you activated.

Need Help? Let's chat.