Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

community rewards

kapil
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

how and when will i get community rewards, i reply regularly  in community

48 REPLIES 48

Interesting the different takes on what the 1/5/10/25/50% are based on! I just always figured it was top 50% of community participants but didn't know exactly what a participant was. Presumably there has to be some base line to eliminate the people who showed up with a question and left right after. So, it could be something relatively simple like 10 bravos and up. Then some other parameters may be applied to this smaller group of people.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector  I don't have the numbers for November. So I'm loosely basing it on October and September's numbers. I've never looked at it being based on everyone who has participated in the community. I had always figured it was based on the top 100 but the numbers didn't add up. Your thoughts on it being based on bravos made me review it again and counting the 10 bravo cut off line which was 123 a couple of hours ago. Give or take few people the numbers do add up (if you have a cut off line that would explain why the rewards are not an exact percentage) with slightly larger differences between the top 1% to top 5% and 10%.(2/8/11) and (3/9/12) respectively.

@darlicious 

So the top x% could likely be of some made up specification, not forum participants. I was thinking that the 10, 25 & 50% categories don't come with a number of recipients but they DO...don't they? The badges have the number of recipients written somewhere.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector  I have a feeling that the minimum amount of bravos (and other criteria posts/solutions) to be considered for a community reward is 10. Despite the steady decline in rewards being handed out both members and $ amounts. By looking at October and September's  numbers they correlate with the approximate numbers currently with 10 bravos for the last 30 days. The total number could vary between 100 and 150 and would explain the differences in members being awarded.

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe I needed to post more me too/I agree/contact mods 🙂

Contacting the moderator messages can be appropriate if the member doesn't know to do that. Sometimes, people reply with anything and eveyrthing, as if it's a game to see how many back-and-forth replies one can create in 5 minutes, with many of them often saying the same thing. Let's not forget about those who open a 2 year year old thread and then just say the same thing as the message immedaitely before.

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

the most I've ever consistently got was 5$ a month, hopefully, ill get back to that again now that I'm back, here again, I don't plan on leaving again id rather save whatever I can at this point.

@AE_Collector  The mystery behind the top percentages could be to prevent gaming. If could be a amount set based on new activations or by number of posts. They'll probably never tell.

What I would like to see clarification for is top % of what? Top percent of all community participants for the month? What is a participant? Logged in to forum? Posted anything or maybe gave or got a bravo?

At this moment there are 1002 people with 1 or more Bravos for the month. 442 of them have just one Bravo, the rest have more. So, in my mind all 1002 people with a Bravo have to be included as participants for the month at a minimum. So do 501 people get a reward of $1 or more next month? The minimum threshold is "Top 50%" so 501 of them are in the Top 50%. Yes there are other criteria but to me that would mean even more might qualify not less that qualify. The Top 50% of the 100% of participants get a reward and again, to me that means a minimum of 501 rewards at this moment in time. I sort of doubt that 500 people (give or take) get a reward. Especially when top 1% is usually 2 or 3 people. Top 5% is 8 people. 

Everyone gets just one reward, the highest one they qualify for. So in my mind adding the total number of people that are Oracles (8), Top 1% (3), Top 5% (8) plus Top 10%, 25% and 50% (all unknown) together must equal 50% of whatever 100% is. Personally I don't think 100% can possibly be 1000+ people yet in my mind 1002 people should be the minimum that could be included in the 100%.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@zblackma wrote:

Thanks. Does anyone  know how you get the $20 ? I noticed that you can get as much as that.

The $20 is Oracle level. They're by invite only. I think it's a bit of a misnomer to market the reward saying we can get up to $20 when the $20 is only by invite.

Edit: btw...are you also gblackma?

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks. Does anyone  know how you get the $20 ? I noticed that you can get as much as that.

@Triguy wrote:

Community Rewards are reviewed between the 1st and 6th of every month, and applied to your account after the review period on your payment due date. If your payment due date is during the review period, your Rewards will be applied on your next payment due date.

Based on your level of involvement with our Community, you can earn up to $15 every 30 days. The amount you are rewarded depends on your contribution level relative to overall contribution, which can change month to month even if you contribute very consistently. You can only ever qualify for one (1) Community Reward in a 30-day period, and you must act in accordance with Community Terms of Service at all times.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@kapil wrote:

Just going to be straight up with you here and including this thread here you have 8 posts with 4 bravos.  I am not even sure that would get $1.  It may some months if the activity is low but a majority of people here are posting that in an hour or less.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kelvarnsen wrote:

If you are active you should notice something in your account. $1 is pretty easy to get. $2 takes a bit of work. More than that I have no idea since even on months when. I have posted what I felt like a lot I couldn't get better than 2 bucks.

Yeah I was #2 on the bravo leaderboard for Dec and half expected to be in the 1%/$15. I managed to get $10. So obviously there are other factors involved in calculating the reward than just bravos. Maybe I needed to post more me too/I agree/contact mods 🙂

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you are active you should notice something in your account. $1 is pretty easy to get. $2 takes a bit of work. More than that I have no idea since even on months when. I have posted what I felt like a lot I couldn't get better than 2 bucks.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Community Rewards are reviewed between the 1st and 6th of every month, and applied to your account after the review period on your payment due date. If your payment due date is during the review period, your Rewards will be applied on your next payment due date.

Based on your level of involvement with our Community, you can earn up to $15 every 30 days. The amount you are rewarded depends on your contribution level relative to overall contribution, which can change month to month even if you contribute very consistently. You can only ever qualify for one (1) Community Reward in a 30-day period, and you must act in accordance with Community Terms of Service at all times.

@kapil 

If you get community rewards, usually the reward will be in your account by the 6-9th of each month.  The formal announcement usually happens about this time 10th-13th of each month.  

The exact formula for awarding community rewards is not known.  Combinations of bravos earned, solutions earned, time spend on community, etc.  

@kapil Community rewards are given out around the 7th-9th of the following month. You'll only receive the reward if you are in the top percentage of participants ($1 for top 50% or $2 for top 25%) is very attainable.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/reward-rules

Purplepan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

There's an algorithm that none of us know. Keep it up and you might get the reward. For myself, after a lot of interactions I ended up getting the discount 2 months later. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

I guess you get them when you earn them? I'm interested in getting all the badges. Lol.

@kapil wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.