Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

community rewards

kapil
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

how and when will i get community rewards, i reply regularly  in community

48 REPLIES 48

@brettster99 

You have been given some good advice by @Anonymous  as to participating on the community. Just dive in when you have time. Whether or not your asking the questions for answering them they all count towards your participation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@brettster99 wrote:

@Anonymous 

I thought your username was familiar. I went back to my posts and you posted two years ago about how to fix my pm sim card being locked and saying to submit a ticket to the moderators for help. 

What a small world eh? 

What's really funny is that I've only been here for 23 months and wouldn't really have got going 'til after that. But close enough. 🙂 And that was before a thing called a ticket showed up here too.

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous 

I thought your username was familiar. I went back to my posts and you posted two years ago about how to fix my pm sim card being locked and saying to submit a ticket to the moderators for help. 

What a small world eh? 

brettster99

@Anonymous 

Yeah I totally get what you mean. I do still need to get other work done right today so I'm going to heed the advice and to take a break from the community for a couple of hours to work on what I really need to be doing (Writing emails to my University) and making an outline of what I want to say in my speech. 

Thank you for the help I do really appreciate it 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@brettster99 

Don't sweat it. The problem is that you could get sucked in to being basically addicted to the place to assure the top reward. I know I was there. The return is so minimal for the amount of time. I still spend way more time that what's good for me but I also only reply to some threads, not everything.

Just participate here to kill some spare time or when you're otherwise killing time. If it works out to get a reward then that's just a little bonus.

brettster99

@Anonymous 

That is true. I mean if I ever get to the $15 reward even just once I would be over the moon but I know I probably will never be able to get there unless I spend a lot more time in the community and answering questions that like you have said not be answered or give my own spin answer of said question.

All I am hoping for right now is I am trying to spend a least an half hour or hour everyday to get one or two dollars off. But even that right now with my current statistics do not think is possible this month.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@brettster99 

I think it's a bit of a marketing misnomer of them to say that participants can get $20. The $20 is really only by invite. The best we mortals can do is $15.

Just post when you think you can answer a question that hasn't already been answered 15 times. Or some nuance of the question and replies that you pick up on.

The rewards will come on their own.

But of course...as the joke goes, it's more profitable for time spent to redeem deposit bottles than to sit here refreshing every second all day and month long.

brettster99

That is very hard to do. Almost everyone will not do enough in the community to get the $20 dollars off. Even if they contribute everyday. Only people I feel who spend almost at least 5-6 hours a day for the whole month and for a few months will be able to get that elusive $20 

I would just be happy to save $1 or $2 off my plan each month. Might not be munch but I am pinching pennies at this point 

skrdan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just an fyi: after being here x 1 month my September bill was $12.95 for PM. [I joined on August 16th and was awarded $2 less for enabling a credit card and less $10- cuz someone gave me their referral code.My total cost $13.95] My September bill was considerably lower as well, my credit card charge on Sept 18th was $12.95. 

Needless to say, PM has revised the rewards system because it can. It also gives random perks.
And thanks ALL for every BIT of INFO.

@skrdan  We joined public mobile at about the same time.....with the exception of august I've been in the top 5% and top 1%. Here are are our comparitive statistics:

1. @skrdan  posts 27 bravos 30 solutions 0
  2. @darlicious  posts 4323 bravos 3574 solutions 117

This should give you a good idea of what it takes to earn a community reward.

@skrdan  In the past the moderators have used the community reward to resolve/correct billing errors. Maybe that is what happened in your case. As others here already have mentioned there isn't any $6 community reward.

@skrdan wrote:

No they were not.  I remembered what I paid out.

@skrdan, it doesn't look like you have earned any rewards and it isn't showing any level of rewards earned or any badges in your profile showing earned rewards.

ShawnC13_0-1584592855532.png

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@skrdan 

Log into your self-serve, click the My Rewards button lower middle right. In there you will see your totals for rewards.

Or go back in your payment history listings and see what credits were deposited into your Available Funds.

Rewards will say Reward in the detail line.

@skrdan wrote:

Your profle shows that you have not earned any Community rewards. The amount of participation since you've joined has not been enough to earn any. The Community rewards are given out to those who have contributed the most, so if others have done more, they will be the ones who get them. This is actually the first time that I've seen you post a message, and over 7 months you've posted 27 messages in the regular message categories. That's not likely to be enough. I would would say that you would have to roughly that in one month to earn a Community reward, although the exact forumula as to how Public Mobile decides this is not public knowledge.

skrdan

@skrdan wrote:
@computergeek541
then explain why I had a six dollar reward in community service for one week usage of community service when I hadn't even signed on to Public Mobile? Signed on Aug.16th.

There is no such Community reward that pays out $6. To date, you have not received any rewards for Community participation. The rewards that you've received are likely for autopay or for referring other customers.

skrdan
@computergeek541
then explain why I had a six dollar reward in community service for one week usage of community service when I hadn't even signed on to Public Mobile? Signed on Aug.16th.

skrdan

@darlicious

Well then, community rewards has changed; I was on community a week before I signed up for public mobile because I wasn't sure how this PM thing worked and so for my 2nd bill (joined mid-August) in September, I had a reduction of $6.00 on top of thé discounted $10 for being referred as well as the automated $2 less for payement via crédit card.

I've bravoed plenty in Feb/March and posted a question to which I communicated with others. So, it has CHANGED sINCE JULY (especially since I hadn't even signed on to public mobile).

@skrdan   If you want to earn a community reward then you have to make an effort to actually participate......daily. Spend half an hour reading, posting and bravoing. Learn how to help people, how your account and public mobile works. A consistent effort might earn you a $1 or $2 reward. Anything higher takes several hours a day. You have to pitch a tent, build a campfire and shut out the outside world to be in the top 1% and earn $15. If you are self isolating and you are very helpful this may be possible for you to earn.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@skrdan 

They do still give them out. Usually around the 6th or so of each month recipients would see the amount in the rewards section next to Community. Then some variable time after that recipients would get a badge matching the level of received reward. Then some time around then the company posts a recognition announcement for the recipients.

Your id shows no badges. You've posted 3 times in March and none since November. Not very likely to get any community reward for that level of participation.

@skrdan wrote:

I'm puzzled by the moderators who read my emails; that person just skipped over everything I had written and zoomed in on the word,"rewards" and then repeated what I wrote about re not earning my rewards from the community!

My issue is: not earning community's rewards.  Had this changed?  If so, I've never been notified.  Do they still give them out or not. 

Really frustrated that the moderator skimmed  over my email (if you're too busy, then don't handle it), a responsible moderator will read my entire message and do a search on my I.d.

I've taken a look at your Community username statistics and while everything you posted in messages to try to help others is appreciated, your profile doesn't show much participation. Unfortunately, that hasn't been enough to be allocated any Community rewards.

skrdan

Well, it didn't happen to me!!! Mod has not done her job!

skrdan

I'm puzzled by the moderators who read my emails; that person just skipped over everything I had written and zoomed in on the word,"rewards" and then repeated what I wrote about re not earning my rewards from the community!

My issue is: not earning community's rewards.  Had this changed?  If so, I've never been notified.  Do they still give them out or not. 

Really frustrated that the moderator skimmed  over my email (if you're too busy, then don't handle it), a responsible moderator will read my entire message and do a search on my I.d.

@vexter   Hey I know what it's like to be opinionated....that can work in your favour. Posts/threads can vary in their intent. Some specifically ask for help solving an issue....something you don't know the answer to. Read the thread, follow it and learn the answer. File it for future use. Or the use search bar to find the answer from previous threads. Other posts ask for your opinion. Post an answer to these as they are looking varied opinions to make a decision or gain perspective. As you participate you can bravo other posts and you will receive bravos. You will gain knowledge to help yourself and in turn others. At the end of the month to totality of your participation will be taken into consideration and you may or may not earn a community reward.

vexter
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I guess the previous notes have answered my question.  The advertising or my understanding of the advertising is a little!!!! optimistic. Trouble is while I have an opinion on pretty much everything.  I'm short on concrete how to's. So its back to the Lounge.

JenL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious you're probably right...numbers and sense

zblackma

Agree, more members will always get involved when there is something to win. Lol.

@darlicious wrote:

@JenL  I think its harder to win something from public mobile than earn a community reward.

@JenL  I think its harder to win something from public mobile than earn a community reward.

JenL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@AE_Collector that's a lot of math. It really puts it in perspective when it's broken down like that. I count myself fortunate to have won one of the Amazon gift cards. 

@AE_Collector wrote:

Interesting the different takes on what the 1/5/10/25/50% are based on! I just always figured it was top 50% of community participants but didn't know exactly what a participant was. Presumably there has to be some base line to eliminate the people who showed up with a question and left right after. So, it could be something relatively simple like 10 bravos and up. Then some other parameters may be applied to this smaller group of people.

AE_Collector

The rewards change every month and doing the same next month can earn a different amount. Public isn't going to reveal the formula.

Need Help? Let's chat.