cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delete

bilibili
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

25 REPLIES 25

oh gawd, please no more math....we don't need another stat guy/gal like @darlicious@ShawnC13@fdrcamb519 ... kidding join in the fun! 

@bilibili 

Don't be a stranger around here....i could use another stats guy....and I can tell you the amateur statisticians around here would love it especially if unlike myself you use a computer it will be much faster than my pen and paper and old fashioned use my brain method.

bilibili

delete

@brettster99 let the haters hate bro. You are a great person and have made a huge impact. Whether they know what you have done or not. Keep being you and dont worry about what others say. 

keep your head up. 

@brettster99 Best to just Direct Message the oracle say what happened. They may not have even meant to hurt you. I have only had one oracle that didnt answer my message and they are forever dead to me, just kiddding....also me not really....lol I kid I kid lol

@bilibili

I dont think @mpcdesign meant to direct that towards you and defintely nit thinking you are in this for monetary gain. All questions are welcomed and for the most part I dont think anyone is assessing your motives.

Continue to contribute, the fact that you asked and want to know shows a verifiable way that you are interested in the community here.

Thank you for being apart of it and sorry if any of this made you feel uncomfortable, you are a friend indeed and we are thankful you are here! 🙂

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious 

Thanks for that. And some metal Nike cleats would work.

Funny enough it was one of the oracles. I’m not gonna drop name because I don’t want anyone to go after this oracle. But like I said could have been a way nicer way to put it then what was said.

Now where can I get more referrals hahaha

@darlicious wrote:

@bilibili 

As you can see the community rewards are a hot button issue around here. More so in the last few months with increased participation and decreased users seeking help. There has also been a huge surge at the top of the bravo leaderboard to unattainable new heights for the average user  causing a big of a raft or a rumble or at the very least a lot of grumbling among the regular contributors. We can be a passionate bunch, opjnionated but mostly selfless.....just wanting to help out, socialize a little and keep up with the latest promos, glitches or news from pm.

In the past month or so there's been a few dust ups from seemingly innocent posts that have involved @mpcdesign  in one case and myself in another.....along with a few others. @mpcdesign  apology is sincere and unfortunately his post to you came across as an attack to you and with no point of reference I can certainly see how you would perceive it that way. As @brettster99  has mentioned and I have certainly experienced  you can certainly invoke the wrath of another member on the community often privately and sometimes publicly. More often than not I believe it's unwarranted.....from a frustrated customer its understandable from a seasoned contributor it should rarely happen......but it does.

Overwhelmingly the community is a helpful positive experience. We are weirdly enough like family especially the regulars and maybe because of this familiarity we call each other out more, say things that can be hurtful  and generally be bratty rather than composed and business like with our customer support when dealing with other (family) members. Most of us recognize and can achieve conflict resolution and reach compromises. Or just agree to disagree and maybe never bravo them again.....lol....so in one way you need to have some tough skin but really we are very welcoming and encouraging the vast majority of the time.

But fair warning.....as someone who enjoys stats and had posted a few times on that subject and my observations......be prepared for an onslaught of opinionated posts both positive and negative. You never know what you are going to get statistically.....

@brettster99  I'm sorry to hear of your experience its not acceptable and some people really don't understand how much their words can hurt but as someone who's been in that exact position with the same reaction of wanting to quit ( more than once) i was given some great advice to not let the bully get what they want....you to quit. Now it just makes me dig my heels in even more.....i know a stiletto is probably not your style but perhaps pair of timberlands or a Nike cleat will do the trick.

@darlicious  yea it's crazy times for sure!!

@bilibili 

As you can see the community rewards are a hot button issue around here. More so in the last few months with increased participation and decreased users seeking help. There has also been a huge surge at the top of the bravo leaderboard to unattainable new heights for the average user  causing a big of a raft or a rumble or at the very least a lot of grumbling among the regular contributors. We can be a passionate bunch, opjnionated but mostly selfless.....just wanting to help out, socialize a little and keep up with the latest promos, glitches or news from pm.

In the past month or so there's been a few dust ups from seemingly innocent posts that have involved @mpcdesign  in one case and myself in another.....along with a few others. @mpcdesign  apology is sincere and unfortunately his post to you came across as an attack to you and with no point of reference I can certainly see how you would perceive it that way. As @brettster99  has mentioned and I have certainly experienced  you can certainly invoke the wrath of another member on the community often privately and sometimes publicly. More often than not I believe it's unwarranted.....from a frustrated customer its understandable from a seasoned contributor it should rarely happen......but it does.

Overwhelmingly the community is a helpful positive experience. We are weirdly enough like family especially the regulars and maybe because of this familiarity we call each other out more, say things that can be hurtful  and generally be bratty rather than composed and business like with our customer support when dealing with other (family) members. Most of us recognize and can achieve conflict resolution and reach compromises. Or just agree to disagree and maybe never bravo them again.....lol....so in one way you need to have some tough skin but really we are very welcoming and encouraging the vast majority of the time.

But fair warning.....as someone who enjoys stats and had posted a few times on that subject and my observations......be prepared for an onslaught of opinionated posts both positive and negative. You never know what you are going to get statistically.....

@brettster99  I'm sorry to hear of your experience its not acceptable and some people really don't understand how much their words can hurt but as someone who's been in that exact position with the same reaction of wanting to quit ( more than once) i was given some great advice to not let the bully get what they want....you to quit. Now it just makes me dig my heels in even more.....i know a stiletto is probably not your style but perhaps pair of timberlands or a Nike cleat will do the trick.

brettster99

@mpcdesign @bilibili 

This is a difficult time for everyone and people can take things the wrong way in text form. I get that. 

I am glad to both of you for handling it as adults would. Everyone is stressed the F*ck out during this time and we all need to be supportive. 

But I am also gonna say that from the Limited time I been on here I did get a private message from a community memember telling me off. Like really telling me off. 

And that hurt. Really hurt. In fact, I am still hurting from that comment that was made and even just considered just quitting this community for good because of 1 person even though there are many good ones like you @mpcdesign @RossN @gpixel @Naepalm @darlicious @gblackma @BearFBI @Luddite  so we need to know that the words people chose to have an impact. Being constructive without being insultive.  

We are all just people trying to help each other out. And to that community member 

Thank you for worsening by medical mental health issues  

you tell em @RossN

- you're my boy blue!

@mpcdesign I agree 100% people getting bravoed for saying great job and always the same group it's getting rediculous

@bilibili am sorry that you felt that the tone of my post was directed at you directly.It wasn't. I looked at your initial (first) post, and I didn't see where you actually stated: "Before your post, I clearly stated that I asked this question, not for monetary purposes."

You did ask: I know the rewards are based on the ranking, but how ranking is calculated? based on what metric? is it the number of bravos? the number of accepted answers? or the number of posts that you got involved in? where is the score breakdown?

I am more than welcoming new people who want to help in the community. Everybody here wants to help. I have seen the community grow substantially since with COVID19 in effect and that means more people online. But, as well, I have seen a few who have also monopolized the bravo system, and I was airing it out there.

You won't know this, but if I type a message or post and hit 'Post' I wouldn't know there were other people who posted before me, so, I did miss that comment Before your post, I clearly stated that I asked this question, not for monetary purposes. I won't apologize for posting during the time while others posts, it happened to be I was gathering my thoughts, and making sure my thoughts were properly written down. I do apologize if I did offend you, I meant nothing directly at you, just stating the facts what others have done. I spoke to one of the oracles and a few other community members here in the past, on how I felt about all this, and yes, some people will take offence while others are fine. 

And no, I am not offended for you being blunt. But, I am also glad that you had in you to call me out versus dancing around it.  Kudos for that! Again, my apologies to you, and all the best to you. 

@mpcdesign wrote:

@bilibili, there are ways to beat the system I guess, but it'll catch up to you. I was tired of people stating the same stuff over and over even though the answer was already posted or marked as a solution. And the worst part was, some posts were being bravoe'd while other posts were or should have been bravo. For example, someone could say in a post, 'Wow!" and they get 6 bravoes! There was no logic in that while someone made a legitimate post that solved or answered the question, and they get zilch. 

Don't worry about the monetary rewards in the community. You have a better way to get the Autopay, Loyalty and yes, the refer-a-friend. That latter one is the deal-breaker I think. $1 per month off as long as they stay with Public Mobile. The community rewards, some people are here for 8-10 hours a day x 7 days a week for $15 rewards. It isn't worth it, I think, BUT, it does help others, and sometimes by helping others is very therapeutic too! 

On that note, help those around in the community, or get into the community, and help those who may need it during this time. Say hi, to someone, Wave, nod your head, maybe help a senior with their carrying the groceries. Ok, that's my rant! 

bilibili

delete

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM uses a secret formula that they don't divulge.  If you spend sometime on the forum on a daily you could potentially earn an award.  Read over past posts and solutions.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/rewards-faqs

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/the-community-reward

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Community-Reward/m-p/415#M5

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Community-rewards/m-p/524326#M14177

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Community-Rewards/m-p/479701#M12343

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Community-Stats/m-p/524238#M110720

@bilibili  Here's a little reading for you....this can be a contentious issue at times but theres some interesfing reading and some stats thrown in here or there and discussed again yesterday......the average top 1% and top 5% contributors regularily spend a minimum 100+ hours on the community each month and pull in an average wage of $0.06 per hour.

You can track some of your own stats in your profile  such as minutes online, posts read, bravos given/recieved, solutions awarded/chosen/authored, posts replied to, board views etc.....

@bilibili, there are ways to beat the system I guess, but it'll catch up to you. I was tired of people stating the same stuff over and over even though the answer was already posted or marked as a solution. And the worst part was, some posts were being bravoe'd while other posts were or should have been bravo. For example, someone could say in a post, 'Wow!" and they get 6 bravoes! There was no logic in that while someone made a legitimate post that solved or answered the question, and they get zilch. 

For me, I am trying to help people by the time when I have a chance to log-into the community. By the time I am on, it's almost midnight on the west coast. Not many people are up, but some people are, and need some help. I may not have the answers, and may try to steer them in the direction, or hit someone up if they may not by adding an @ name, for example, if I say @Naepalm or @brettster99 may know the answer, i message would ding them who I know maybe still up as I am! Although Naepalm is on the east coast, and it's 3am for him, but he could be changing his kids diapers!

Don't worry about the monetary rewards in the community. You have a better way to get the Autopay, Loyalty and yes, the refer-a-friend. That latter one is the deal-breaker I think. $1 per month off as long as they stay with Public Mobile. The community rewards, some people are here for 8-10 hours a day x 7 days a week for $15 rewards. It isn't worth it, I think, BUT, it does help others, and sometimes by helping others is very therapeutic too! 

On that note, help those around in the community, or get into the community, and help those who may need it during this time. Say hi, to someone, Wave, nod your head, maybe help a senior with their carrying the groceries. Ok, that's my rant! 

yanzhiqiang

Some one did math, one post is about $0.05 reword. like return a drink bottle. LOL.

@bilibili wrote:

it is about having fun I am not gonna lie. I had been with quite a bit carriers (Virgin, Eastlink, Koddo, Lucky, Rogers) and PM is the only one that I found so interesting. 

I am certainly not here for quantity because I have a lot of other stuff to do but if I have time/question/point of discussion I will be here to have fun and earn points at the same time. two birds one stone

@bilibili  from just dropping in once and a while you could probably earn $1-$2 in rewards

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

bilibili

delete

fdrcamb519

@bilibili 

@bilibili wrote:

I know the rewards  is based on the ranking, but how ranking is calucated? based on what metric?

is it the number of bravos ? number of accepted answers? or the number of posts that you got involved?

where is the score breakdown?

Its all about having fun and helping members, no one knows, about how rewards, are given, this is what I pulled up from an older post, hope it helps.

• Subscribing:                                          New in town
  • 1st post:                                                Great Neighbour
  • 1 week + at least approx. 5 posts :       Good Citizen
  • 2 months + at least app. 35 posts :       Great Citizen
  • 3 months + at least app. 100 posts:      Model Citizen
  • 4-6 months + at least app. 500 posts:  Town Hero
  • 4-6 months + at least app. 800 posts:   Deputy Mayor
  • 4-6 months + at least app. 1000 posts: Mayor

@bilibili, I am a numbers type guy myself.  They don't lie lol.  I wish I knew the metrics of it.  I LOVE stats.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

bilibili

delete

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@bilibili wrote:

I know the rewards  is based on the ranking, but how ranking is calucated? based on what metric?

is it the number of bravos ? number of accepted answers? or the number of posts that you got involved?

where is the score breakdown?

Community rewards are done by a secret calculation known only by PM.  If you are here just to earn the rewards then honestly it is for the wrong reason.  You need to want to help people and the reward is a bonus.  Come in and help solve some problems offer advice.  The one key I would say is only present information you are sure of.  If you don't know the answer don't guess.  It is about quality not quantity and the forum is only as good as the information provided.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@bilibili its based on a bunch of factors non of which we know have more weight or less weight.

Overall Participation is a key factor. The more you participate the higher the reward and you can see that from all those that received badges. The ones that received higher badges participated more than those that received lower badges, I know that seems silly to point out but it's true. If members are closer in participation maybe they gauge the quality of participation more to separate those individuals. 

Edit: as Shawn put it, its really about helping others. 

Need Help? Let's chat.