cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autopay

sue-s
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

When yoou sign up for autopay you automatically get $2 off your bill every month?  Is this correct?

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonathanlee wrote:

Sorry not sure what you mean when you say top of the account manually and still get the $2 reward. I’ve already registered for autopay.

As we've seen in recent debacles...autopay can fail. If you don't mind terribly being a little hands-on then add money into Available Funds by way of that registered cc or using vouchers before your renewal. The renewal always takes from Available Funds first and then would go to autopay.

But autopay is set up. You get the $2 without actually using the autopay function.

Edit: ninja'd by computergeek541 🙂

@jonathanlee wrote:

Sorry not sure what you mean when you say top of the account manually and still get the $2 reward. I’ve already registered for autopay.

You do not actually have to have the charges billed to your credit card/visa debit card to receive teh autopay reward.  You only need to have a valid card on file and to have autopay enabled. If you have any balance in your Public Mobile account, it reduces or even eliminates the amount that is charge to your payment card.

jonathanlee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonathanlee wrote:

I had the London Drugs representative sign me up for autopay, but I paid the full price for the plan ($40) up front first plus tax, which is to be expected. Now I have a $2 credit that will be applied for when my plan renews with autopay, meaning I will pay $38 plus tax after the $2 credit applies (for subsequent cycles). Crossing my fingers this works when my cycle renews on autopay for the first time this month 🙂

AND...the additional $2 for the reward for the next renewal. So actually $36 for that next renewal. Then it'll settle down to just the one $2 reward ($38).

A common strategy around here is to top up the account manually by way of the registered cc or voucher. You still get the $2 autopay reward.

jonathanlee

I had the London Drugs representative sign me up for autopay, but I paid the full price for the plan ($40) up front first plus tax, which is to be expected. Now I have a $2 credit that will be applied for when my plan renews with autopay, meaning I will pay $38 plus tax after the $2 credit applies (for subsequent cycles). Crossing my fingers this works when my cycle renews on autopay for the first time this month 🙂

terrybev

thank you, I was wondering the same thing. You explained it very thoroughly

@Alex888 wrote:

Yes, it should show up under Rewards and be taken off your bill on your renewal date. Where it shows the amount due for your next bill at the top of your account page will show the total for your plan before rewards.

Late to the party but adding a note here: If you sign up for auto pay while registering your account you will pay the full plan price + tax to get started. However, the $2 auto pay reward for that first cycle will show up as $2 in available funds immediately. This doesn't apply if you don't sign up for auto pay when setting up your account but go into your self serve account to set it up later.

As soon as auto pay is set up the reward for the next billing cycle will show up under the rewards tab.

So the plan cost schedule for accounts with auto pay looks something like this (assuming the person was not referred by a friend and that there are no add-ons added):

1st payment: Full plan cost + tax

2nd payment: {Plan cost - $2 auto pay credit for 1st 30days - $2 auto pay reward for 2nd 30days (- referral and community rewards if applicable)} + tax

3rd and following payments: {Plan cost - $2 auto pay reward for 2nd 30days (- referral and community rewards if applicable)} + tax

Jdmom3

Yes, starting the bill after you sign up. 

@sue-s  Welcome to Public Mobile Smiley Happy

sue-s

Thank you.  New to all this. 🙂

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

Yes, it should show up under Rewards and be taken off your bill on your renewal date. Where it shows the amount due for your next bill at the top of your account page will show the total for your plan before rewards.

Need Help? Let's chat.