cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autopay & plan change question

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

I have a question... If I change my plan immediately, instead of future plan changing it, will I miss out on the autopay $2 reward? I'm referring to a 30 day plan.

Here's the situation... I have future dated a plan change that will happen on July 11th for my wife's account (the $40 for 4.5 GB plan). She ran out of data today, so I'm wondering if I change the plan now, will she miss out on the $2 autopay reward she would of normally received?

Yeah, yeah, I'm cheap... but $2 is $2.26 with taxes in Ontario! Robot LOL

[ edit ] thanks for correcting my math @will13am!

9 REPLIES 9

@daredogg wrote:

@will13am wrote:

For the record, this is just a plain Jane early renewal of a 90 day plan.  There was no plan revision here?  As a result, the early renewal took away $2 off the auto pay reward.  So, it seems like the auto pay reward is based on the past cycle where the system sees the early renewal as the completion of only 60 days of past cycle.  At $2 per 30 days, the reward becomes $4.  There does appear to be some logic here except that the customer has actually paid for 90 days and chose to forfeit some of the final 30 days.  That should not result in punitive actions on the rewards.  In any event, this situation confirms that auto pay reward is not forward looking which I had thought that it was. 

I just re-read what you wrote @will13am and I think I understand now. With what you're saying, my guess is that I won't receive the autopay reward if I renew today versus waiting until the normal plan renewal on July 11th.

This is my interpretation of the situation.  How else do you explain $4 being awarded to @meocon for early renewal?

@will13am wrote:

For the record, this is just a plain Jane early renewal of a 90 day plan.  There was no plan revision here?  As a result, the early renewal took away $2 off the auto pay reward.  So, it seems like the auto pay reward is based on the past cycle where the system sees the early renewal as the completion of only 60 days of past cycle.  At $2 per 30 days, the reward becomes $4.  There does appear to be some logic here except that the customer has actually paid for 90 days and chose to forfeit some of the final 30 days.  That should not result in punitive actions on the rewards.  In any event, this situation confirms that auto pay reward is not forward looking which I had thought that it was. 

I just re-read what you wrote @will13am and I think I understand now. With what you're saying, my guess is that I won't receive the autopay reward if I renew today versus waiting until the normal plan renewal on July 11th.

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

Thanks everyone for your replies so far, but I don't think I've found an answer yet. With past renewals, I noticed that the autopay, loyalty and referral rewards were awarded at the beginning of the cycle (after payment was made), then applied towards the next renewal.

Still trying to determine if I change plans today (instead of future dating), will I be credited with my rewards ($2 for autopay, $1 for loyalty)? Anyone else have some insight on this?

@meocon wrote:

@daredogg It depends on Mods who is helping you to renew. But for me I just renewed a plan early today instead of July 27 with 90 days plan I just get $4 rewards autopay usually it’s $6.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@daredogg wrote:

I have a question... If I change my plan immediately, instead of future plan changing it, will I miss out on the autopay $2 reward? I'm referring to a 30 day plan.

Here's the situation... I have future dated a plan change that will happen on July 11th for my wife's account (the $40 for 4.5 GB plan). She ran out of data today, so I'm wondering if I change the plan now, will she miss out on the $2 autopay reward she would of normally received?

Yeah, yeah, I'm cheap... but $2 is $2.23 with taxes in Ontario! Robot LOL

Apparently, you are not cheap enough!  $2+HST=$2.26. 

@daredogg wrote:

@NDesai I should of specified... I mean future autopay rewards... the $2 that will be given to me after the auto renewal takes place on July 11th.

You are basically renewing early and your renewal date will be changed. So this should not forfeit the $2 you were going to get on July 11th. Reach out to mod and see if this is allowed. 

@NDesai I should of specified... I mean future autopay rewards... the $2 that will be given to me after the auto renewal takes place on July 11th.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@daredogg AutoPay rewards ($2) should be subtracted even if you change your plan now. Just so you don't get charged total $40, make a manual payment of $38 and then change the plan to see if it will let you with having $38. If it doesn't allow, you will need to contact mod to have it changed for $38. 

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@daredogg It depends on Mods who is helping you to renew. But for me I just renewed a plan early today instead of July 27 with 90 days plan I just get $4 rewards autopay usually it’s $6.

Need Help? Let's chat.