cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

aren't my referred friends supposed to get a 10$ credit?

ovesh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently referred a friend. Public Mobile's website says (emphasis added):

> Refer-a-Friend Reward – Every friend you refer gets a one-time $10 credit plus you’ll get $1 off every 30 days or $3 off your plan every 90 days.

But my friend doesn't see the extra credit in his Rewards section. Why is that?

I did get the 1$ off, so I know he entered my number correctly.

6 REPLIES 6

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes you would but you need to make sure that the WalMart rep enters the number of the person that referred  you or you are  referring on the activation form at the time of the activation process. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@namtran007 wrote:

Anyone know if one were to activate instore at Walmart using a referral, would the person activating still get a one time $10 credit?

Thanks

Yes. And the existing customer would get the $1/30 days reward.

namtran007
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Anyone know if one were to activate instore at Walmart using a referral, would the person activating still get a one time $10 credit?

Thanks

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

How long ago did you refer your friend? I had this experience as well. I referred a friend. I received my $1 off right away. My friend on the other had did not see the $10 credit until 48 hours later. 

If your friend does not see the credit in 2 days, then contact the Moderators. 

Cheers!

@ovesh wrote:

> Refer-a-Friend Reward – Every friend you refer gets a one-time $10 credit plus you’ll get $1 off every 30 days or $3 off your plan every 90 days.

The $10 credit isn't part of the Rewards Program.  It is a one time credit and shows up in the account balance within 72 hours of activation.  The "rewards" section only shows recurring credits - the new customer doesn't get any of those.  Only you will get the $1 off per 30 days.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ovesh wrote:

Your friend should see $10 in their Available Funds...not the rewards section. It might take overnight or a day or two to see it.

Need Help? Let's chat.