cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your 1st month rewards

tericameron
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How much did you make your first month and how easy / hard was it? Which did you do more of...answer or ask questions,?

5 REPLIES 5

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You definitely have to put community time in but helping the community is more important than rewards and you learn much along the way. Rewards will come, be patient.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I joined this forum on the July 29.  I got $5 for reading and learning for 3 days.  I figured out what issues can only be solved by moderator and answered questions on how to contact moderator.

Agree with @computergeek541 on quality of posts.  There is no point in spamming just for the sake of posting.  I got almost 2 bravos for every post I contributed to this community.

@tericameron wrote:

How much did you make your first month and how easy / hard was it? Which did you do more of...answer or ask questions,?

My first month, it was $10 from almost entirely answering questions. Try not to get too much into the numbers game.  The quality of the messages does factor in, at least to some extent, but as others have said, the exact formula is unknown.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

First month nothing of course. You cannot answer almost any questions unless you did something like this before.

But the first month that I did get, it was $1 

Somebody here actually stated you will make more money if you spend same amount of time returning shopping carts in front of nofrills, or collecting bottles on garbage days in your area

The whole thing is not to make money, but to be rewarded for helping others. Nobody will do this to bring down their bill really, you can make 20 else where much faster and put it towards your bill. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@tericameron 

The exact formular for earning community rewards is unknown.  Probably a combination of earning bravos, solutions, time spent on forum, etc.  It is easier to earn the lower amounts per month.  It takes a lot of time to earn the higher levels.  As we joke on the community forum, you can likely earn more money collecting bottles and cans on the street then spending time here.  Earning $20 is not reachable for most people, except for oracles.  $15/month likely need to spend at least 1-2 hours most days.  Less than minimum wage if you average it out.  If you enjoy being part of an online community while helping others, then give it a try. 

Answering questions, receiving bravos and solutions likely gets you more rewards.  Again, the exact formular is unknown. 

The easy rewards are signing up for autopay ($2 per month) and loyalty rewards (each one year with PM, earn $1 per month).  Signing up friends to PM earns $1 per month as long as friend stays with PM.  

Need Help? Let's chat.