cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You were rewarded the 20$? I have a question!

FrankLp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm trying to figure out just how much active do I need to be to earn that 20$, how active/helpfull were you? Approximately how much time did you spend on the forums? How many posts/replies?

Just trying to figure out if it's worth my time or if I should just visit every once in a while, thanks!

14 REPLIES 14

@RobertQc wrote:

@FrankLp wrote:

I'm trying to figure out just how much active do I need to be to earn that 20$, how active/helpfull were you? Approximately how much time did you spend on the forums? How many posts/replies?

Just trying to figure out if it's worth my time or if I should just visit every once in a while, thanks!

It depends how much you are trying to get off, it takes only a few minutes month to hit the $2 top 25%.

The higher you go the significantly more it takes to be in that bracket. IMO the $5 top 10% is the sweet spot... something you should be able to do in less than 15 minutes per month.

But Robert, it doesn't quite work like this.  Because we are in a friendly competition, the reward levels are relative to other's participation.  To be safe, you do a little more.  Others might think the same.  It's a ratcheting effect.  Soon you are aspiring to reaching the next level given the time invested.  This happened to me.  Long story short, do what is comfortable and let the chips fall where they may.  

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@FrankLp wrote:

So definitely not worth the time spent is the answer I was looking for. Alright thanks for the reply and helping out the community so much for so little!

If I divide my total community rewards by the number of hours on the forum it equals $0.1403098509207833/hr. The hours online doesn't seem correct or at least I hope I haven't spent that many hours online Smiley Tongue

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous wrote:

@will13am wrote:

We don't get anything returning pop cans.  I guess I am stuck with this doing this gig. 

Pish posh pppspdpstppstp five cents piffle. Beer cans man 10 cents now that's where the real money is. 🙂

Your pop cans are only 5 cent deposit still? What province are you in? Alberta was raised to 10 years ago. I guess we are one of the most environmentally conscious provinces though. 

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I was pretty optimistic with the rewards prior to school resuming. I felt like I used to visit the site daily and help out whenever I could. Then this month gone by and I barely have posted.

I have since gotten quite a few referrals. I am "paying" less than what I was paying on Chatr which was the point of switching. Unlike Koodo's referral bonuses which deduct only $10 per month, the $25 public mobile referral promo that has since ended all get added as credit and it all can be used right away in the next month. With that said, even if all my referrals disappeared, I'll still have a few months of free service. But hopefully they stick around and the promo returns for more credit.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@FrankLp wrote:

It depends how much you are trying to get off, it takes only a few minutes month to hit the $2 top 25%.

The higher you go the significantly more it takes to be in that bracket. IMO the $5 top 10% is the sweet spot... something you should be able to do in less than 15 minutes per month.

@FrankLp wrote:

So definitely not worth the time spent is the answer I was looking for. Alright thanks for the reply and helping out the community so much for so little!

Frank, it is definately something we don't do for the money.  I like being around here helping the reward money is a bonus as I already save a lot compared to my old provider

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am wrote:

We don't get anything returning pop cans.  I guess I am stuck with this doing this gig. 

Pish posh pppspdpstppstp five cents piffle. Beer cans man 10 cents now that's where the real money is. 🙂

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@FrankLp wrote:

I am at the $20 mark and I bet I could make more by returning recyclable cans for cash than I get for a community reward here for the time spent.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@FrankLp wrote:

I am at the $20 mark and I bet I could make more by returning recyclable cans for cash than I get for a community reward here for the time spent.

Aha, true, but i would rather be an Oracle here. 

I am not so sure about you, but i like to hang around the staff lounge 🙂

FrankLp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@FrankLp wrote:

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

I was pretty active back in the days and so were other members. It was like a competition lol

I would say just browse the community whenever you can. No one can tell you exactly how many hours you have to be online each day. Just try for a month or two and see if you can earn some rewards. It might be difficult at the start, but onward it gets easier. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@FrankLp wrote:

If you think your time has value then this is not anything resembling the best value for your time.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@FrankLp wrote:

Only Oracle members get the $20.  Other members get max $15 per 30 days. It is way lower than the minimum wage.

Need Help? Let's chat.