can you help me, I have got this in the letter-

earned the April top 50% badge

Do you know what it means?

47 REPLIES 47

Savebig2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I love this PM

@Fedmonster wrote:

This means that you will get $1 off your next month's bill.

This question was already answered a couple months ago. Participation is encouraged, but please try to look through the message thread before replying.

Fedmonster
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This means that you will get $1 off your next month's bill.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

You're welcome @hyT - this one perplexed me for months, happy to bring a quick resolution for others.

I especially prefer to not bother mods about missing community rewards each month...

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hyT 

That is good news to hear. Glad the problem for you has been fixed 🙂

hyT
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Nezgar wrote:

@hyTAh yes, mine was also due to the way a kiosk rep entered it. 🙂

There is actually a place to change email address in selfserve, but my testing found it doesn't 'completely' change it - as there's two places it's kept internally, and you can only edit the 'displayed' version. You should ask the moderator to update it to make sure it's updated everywhere - they did in my case.

Follow-up report:  I contacted the Moderator Team and had my email in my self-serve portal changed to all lower case letters, the same as in my Community account. Hope this will prevent future issues with Community rewards not being credited properly.  Thank you again, Nezgar.

hyT

@Nezgar wrote:

There is actually a place to change email address in selfserve, but my testing found it doesn't 'completely' change it - as there's two places it's kept internally, and you can only edit the 'displayed' version. You should ask the moderator to update it to make sure it's updated everywhere - they did in my case.

You can refer them to my previous support case where they determined this was the cause of not receiving community rewards automatically, and that resolved it for me: Ticket ID:107066-593 Rewards C2013-D

Cheers!

Great suggestion, Nezgar. Thank you for giving me your previous ticket number. I have just sent a private message to the Moderator Team with it. Hope they'll be able to fix it once and for all.  Your help is greatly appreciated.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

You can refer them to my previous support case where they determined this was the cause of not receiving community rewards automatically, and that resolved it for me: Ticket ID:107066-593 Rewards C2013-D

Cheers!

hyT

@Nezgar wrote:

I had this problem for a few months in a row myself with the reward not automatically getting applied in the selfserve portal. The reason turned out to be I had slightly different uppercase/lowercase variation in my email address entered in the selfserve portal compared to the community forum site.

*make sure email address AND case is exactly the same on both systems*

Also, the community reward credit usually shows up in selfserve a few days before the notification of the badge if it works, so if you don't see it by then, you're safe to contact the moderators about it...

Interesting observation, Nezgar. After reading Nezgar's post, I signed into my self-serve portal to check. In the overview page, my email is in all CAPS. I activated my SIM at a kiosk in a mall, may be the kiosk attendant entered it in all caps then. I have always used all small letters myself. So when I signed up for the Community account, I used all small letters. In my experience, in most places, email address is case-insensitive. I cannot find a place in my self-serve portal to change the email address. In the Community portal, there is a place to change my email address. Should I do it?

Since the Moderator said she's submitted a ticket for her support team to look into fixing the "glitch". I have decided to wait for their answer before I try to make any changes myself.

If I qualify for any more Community Reward in the future and run into the same issue, then I'll change my Community portal email to all CAPS. I may never get more Community Rewards again anyway. So it may not matter. But it's interesting to wait and test it out in time. Thank you Nezgar. For me, what I am learning here is more valuable than the $1 Community reward.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

I had this problem for a few months in a row myself with the reward not automatically getting applied in the selfserve portal. The reason turned out to be I had slightly different uppercase/lowercase variation in my email address entered in the selfserve portal compared to the community forum site.

*make sure email address AND case is exactly the same on both systems*

Also, the community reward credit usually shows up in selfserve a few days before the notification of the badge if it works, so if you don't see it by then, you're safe to contact the moderators about it...

hyT

Update for the Community: I used chat-bot Simon to send a ticket to Moderator Team yesterday as darlicious and others suggested. A moderator replied today. She's put the reward money back into my "available funds" already. She has also sent a ticket to their support team to identify and fix the "glitch". Hope it won't happen to others again.

Love the helpful Community response. Love the rapid action by the Moderator Team.  Very happy with Public Mobile. Thank you.

hyT

By the way, I was not expecting any community reward at all.

But this text message from PM pleasantly surprised me. Then not finding the $1 anywhere in my self-serve account unpleasantly surprised me. Hope PM will find where the bug is and prevent a similar thing happening to others.Screenshot_20200511-201806_1.jpg

hyT

Ticket has been submitted to moderator through Simon. There was no green question mark in the bottom right corner of my screen when I was using FireFox.  I had to switch to Chrome browser to find the green question mark. It is all a learning process.  Thank you for your suggestions.  Now I shall wait.

@hyT 

I had something similar happen to me with my first community reward. Follow the instructions provided by @gblackma to contact the moderators to add it manually to your account. This is the type of situation that I learned to take screenshots of my accounts overview and transaction pages  before and after your renewal just in case something like this happens. Your first community reward holds much more to you than monetary value.....you earned that shiny loonie and deserve it....dont take no for an answer.

@hyT  you never got it. Contact the moderators and explain your situation. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on "Account specific question" and  "No I want a human" and "Submit a ticket Click me!")
Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there. Once it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue.
If you need to, you can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email. Go to your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Stay safe. 

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hyT 

Then I would suggest contacting the mods about this like @darlicious  had said at the end. It should be there

hyT

@darlicious wrote:

@hyT 

Check your transaction history again. Before the system deducted your plan cost listed as  $10 -30 day plan and $15 - 1GB data it should show $1 community reward and $2 autopay reward (if you are signed up for it.) If it does not show this and it doesn't show as earned $1 under community rewards on your rewards page then contact the moderators to have it added.

I just checked it again. The $1 does not show in the transaction history at all. It is not listed in the Rewards page either. Except: in the green banner below the Rewards list, it says "Total Rewards earned since joining Public Mobile: $5", which is correct (2x Autopay $2 + 1x Community Reward $1). However, it is nowhere to be seen in the transaction history. 20200512 Overview Capture.JPG20200512 Transaction History Capture.JPG2020-05-11 PMobile Rewards Capture.JPG

nadezhdatoronto
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

thanks!

Nanqui

Congrats on reaching the top 50%!

@ryanrudolf 

The $2 Will show in your rewards on your overview page and your rewards page. It will converted into your available funds when your plan renews. Upon renewal the system will take from your rewards/available funds and then autopay kicks in ti cover any remaining amount owing.

ryanrudolf

i also got an email yesterday about being in the top 25%. i checked the corresponding table and it is equivalent to $2 reward, is that correct? wondering when it will get applied to the account.

@hyT 

Check your transaction history again. Before the system deducted your plan cost listed as  $10 -30 day plan and $15 - 1GB data it should show $1 community reward and $2 autopay reward (if you are signed up for it.) If it does not show this and it doesn't show as earned $1 under community rewards on your rewards page then contact the moderators to have it added.

nadezhdatoronto

I'm with PM two months only and trying to understand how they count. We will wait an answer from who more experienced here.

ryanrudolf

thats awesome! congratulations on the badge!

nadezhdatoronto

I participated in discussion about one only question. Good luck!

nadezhdatoronto

thanks!!!!

hyT

@gblackma wrote:

@nadezhdatoronto if you log into your self service account you will see a $1 community reward or it may have been already applied. It's automatically applied for you when your cycle payment is due. Congrats. Stay safe.

Hi,

I was pleasantly surprised that I got a top 50% badge for April too.

My renewal date is actually today May 11. I got a text from Public Mobile at about 12 noon saying that a $1 community reward had already been applied to my account. Yet when I signed into my self-serve account and did the math, I cannot see that $1 reward accounted for anywhere.

My previous available funds was $52. My new available funds is $29, which means $23 have been deducted (I am on the $25 plan). I checked the transaction history for the last 60 days (which was when I started with PM). There is no entry at all about the community reward.

I click on the Rewards link in the Overview page. It showed my $2 AutoPay reward, but no Community reward there. To me, that means I won't be getting that $1 at my next renewal either.

Not that $1 is all that important to me. I just curious to understand where that $1 has gone to. May be the more experienced community members can clarify it for me please.

Thank you.

Yes, I mean for that month but reward can be earned for past posts.

@Barbie2 as @cavemantoronto has said you may only need to be on a little. or once. But according to PM it varies from month to month.

Stay safe and welcome to Public. 

Barbie2

Thank you, I am not sure how often I will be here. I will keep it in mind. 

Need Help? Let's chat.