cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Years with Public Mobile

rayc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is there a way to figure out how many years / months you have been with Public Mobile?

In the transaction history, I only can go back 6 months.

16 REPLIES 16

Clearly (no pun intended) @darlicious , Telus wasn't ready to let you slip from their grasp! I believe it was 2001-2002 when Telus bought Clearnet, one of their first expensive moves to become a national brand. Clearnet and Fido were the 3rd and 4th cell carriers licensed in Canada after the existing Telcos and CanTel.

AE_Collector 

Thanks @AE_Collector and @popping for the history lesson. I remember quite clearly when bctel  changed its name to telus. I was having a dispute with them over my landline and I decide to tell-us what I thought of their customer service and cancelled my phone. I went out and got my first cell phone from clearnet. Well wouldn't you know it telus bought out clearnet a few years later and I stuck it out with them until a switched to public mobile last year.

@popping 

A little more detail in that they did temporarily jamb the two names together into BCTel-Telus or something like that while they worked on a new name for the new entity at the same time as deciding where the HQ would be. After what seems like a year they finally reported back that they couldn’t come up with a name any better than TELUS as obviously BC Tel wasn’t going to fit so TELUS it was (officially written all upper case) and the HQ would be in Vancouver. A win-win for both provinces.

Oh and to wrap up, GTE had owned 50.1% of B.C. Tel which diluted to something around 27% of the new merged company. Soon after GTE became Verizon in the USA through mergers and they sold their share in TELUS. GTE had also owned Quebec Tel serving a relatively small part of Quebec which TELUS bought from GTE at that time. (2001-2 or so)

AE_Collector

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@AE_Collector wrote:

That’s why I thought they were an old discontinued item...permanently out of stock at a dealer near you. If they send out a 2 year and a 3 year it seems quite odd to me that there is no 1 year badge! I mean maybe cost cutting measures considering the amount of raw materials contained in each one? I would happily donate the extra 10 or so badges I get in many months so they can be repurposed!

Here is my favourite “badge” to date, 29 pounds of bronze unceremoniously tossed into a scrap metal bin at a Greater Vancouver area Telephone Office after rebranding to Telus in about 2000. A friend was looking out for me, saw it and hauled it out to give to me!

AE_Collector22136A12-A866-42E4-8479-435864AA43DD.jpeg

A quick history

Telus was called AGT (Alberta Government Telephones) which was an Alberta public corporation until 1990 when Alberta government privatizes AGT and call Telus.  I made a few dollar as some shares were reserved for the Albertan IIRC.  In 1999, Telus and BC Tel merger to form the second largest telephone company in Canada after Bell.  The merged company keeps the Telus name and moved its head office to BC.

That’s why I thought they were an old discontinued item...permanently out of stock at a dealer near you. If they send out a 2 year and a 3 year it seems quite odd to me that there is no 1 year badge! I mean maybe cost cutting measures considering the amount of raw materials contained in each one? I would happily donate the extra 10 or so badges I get in many months so they can be repurposed!

Here is my favourite “badge” to date, 29 pounds of bronze unceremoniously tossed into a scrap metal bin at a Greater Vancouver area Telephone Office after rebranding to Telus in about 2000. A friend was looking out for me, saw it and hauled it out to give to me!

AE_Collector22136A12-A866-42E4-8479-435864AA43DD.jpeg

I know there is no 1 year badge. But I would like to get one when I get there in 9 months. So if I get enough people to ask for, and about it, maybe one will be added. 😁

@AE_Collector wrote:

@Luddite 
They don’t still give those badges out do they? Is there an associated 1 year badge? Don’t believe I got one but my 1 year reward was a mess. Sorted now though I believe.

AE_Collector

No 1 year badge for me! So, don't know. See #3 but not #4; it's quite exciting awaiting for the next one. 😂

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Luddite 
They don’t still give those badges out do they? Is there an associated 1 year badge? Don’t believe I got one but my 1 year reward was a mess though (I am a Dec 2018 customer!)

AE_Collector

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@rayc Look through you badges for one like this. They only show up after 2 years, but do have your anniversary date!

Screenshot 2020-03-27 at 3.34.44 PM.png

BTW: The "Earned by" number is NOT the number of customers, just the number with Community accounts.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

How many loyalty $$ do you get? If $2 then you likely signed up sometime in 2017 matching your community registration date.

AE_Collector

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@rayc 

If you are on autopay you can go to rewards section and see how much money you received for it. Devide it by 2 and you will get the number of autopay cycles with public mobile

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@rayc 

1.  Payment history can go back one year from today if you use the search by start and end day.

2.  Check with day stamp for the PM welcome email and/or PIN# text message after activation 

3.  If you create your community account on the same day when you activate your PM account, you can find the community creation date hovering over your community account name.

If all failed, your can create a moderator support ticket for help using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

1. Tell SIMon what is the issue
2. Ask for "moderator"
3. SIMon will give your 2 choices. Click on the "Account-specific question"
4. Then, click on "No, I want a human"
5. Click "Submit a ticket"
6. Follow instruction to create support ticket.

After submitted a ticket, members should check their private message SENT folder for their ticket which they just created.
If you cannot find your ticket in your SENT box, You did not create your support ticket yet. Also monitor your INBOX for any reply from moderator.
Click the envelop icon at the top right corner to access your private message mailbox.

Stay Safe!

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

If not deleted, you can see when you got your activation email from PM when you first signed up.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Based upon your community date,  at least June 20, 2017.@rayc . Do you have either the PM welcome email. Or the 4 digit pin welcome text message? How many years loyalty rewards are you getting? You can check that in your self service account. Its basically $1 per year.

The only way if you dont have any of the first 2 things would be to contact a moderator and ask them to. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket).

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Look at your Profile (top right hand side of page)...if you created profile same day as created your account.

Need Help? Let's chat.