cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will prepaid credit work with PM

gavin1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

A friend of mine is thinking about going with PM and was wondering if they can use a prepaid credit card with autopay ?

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Korth 

I've set up autopay with a Vanilla brand card (not MyVanilla) with zero balance on it. I otherwise have sufficient funds so it doesn't hit the card.

So now I need to remember to get one to renew my third account just to test an actual charge from one with a balance and no real cc info.

https://www.canadaprepaidcreditcard.com/

I've used Mogo prepaid Visa card and Desjardins prepaid Visa card in the past.

I used to zealously avoid anything with any fees, but they gotta make their money so they always have a way of charging you something, there's no escape.

Now I prefer the ones which have zero (or very little) startup fee, no monthly fee, no usage fees. If they charge a reloading fee then pay it once to fill the card with enough funds to start AutoPay, use payment vouchers to keep a month ahead in Self-Serve afterwards.

Non-reloadable cards don't seem to work with PM AutoPay. I haven't found one yet which doesn't require you submit ID or link to other personally identifable contact information and accounts. It seems obvious they reward AutoPay because it makes them money or gives them value when they can connect online persona with physical person.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@gavin1 

For a prepaid credit card to work it has to essentially have three components for it to register with public mobile : a name and address associated to it, an expiry date and a cov number.

The Vanilla card I have set up doesn't require anything real. For the cc entry screen you can put in anything. It's only if a gift card gets fully registered with them and maybe even reloadable that it requires real information.

@gavin1 

For a prepaid credit card to work it has to essentially have three components for it to register with public mobile : a name and address associated to it, an expiry date and a cov number.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@gavin1 wrote:

A friend of mine is thinking about going with PM and was wondering if they can use a prepaid credit card with autopay ?

Yes!

And once the balance depletes you can add payment vouchers to continue to top up accounts. Voucher info:

"Purchasing VouchersWe also accept payment vouchers, which you can purchase at select locations. To find the location nearest you click here. Payment voucher PINs are 12-digit numeric codes located on the receipt. The location of the PIN varies depending on where you purchase your voucher; however, you will typically find it on the top or the bottom of your receipt. To top up using a voucher, sign in to your Self-Serve account, select the ‘Payment’ tab, then ‘One Time Payment’. In the form on the next page, select ‘Payment Voucher’ as your payment method and enter your voucher code below, then click ‘Submit’."

Above article found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/top-up-your-account

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@gavin1 

Not all prepaid cards will work with autopay.  Your friend may need to try a few.

Here is another thread:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Setting-up-Autopay-using-Prep...

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@gavin1 

Yes most certainly you can even use a kelloggs visa gift card on specially marked boxes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gavin1 wrote:

Yes. I have Vanilla brand set up.

Although I've never actually caused it to pay from it due to sufficient funds.

People around here use Koho and it gets extra benefits with Public mobile.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@gavin1 hi yes they can if it's a Canadian visa or mastercard

Need Help? Let's chat.