cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I lose Refer a Friend Rewards?

S-K
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm on a $40 plan, I'm planning to switch to a $25 plan, will I lose the refer-a-friend reward privelege?

11 REPLIES 11

@AE_Collector wrote:

Wow, this was topic was a “Bravo Generator”! I must have slept through it.

Terry

No kidding...guess it's on everybody's mind this week.

Wow, this was topic was a “Bravo Generator”! I must have slept through it.

Terry

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@S-K you won't lose you referral credit by changing your plan to the $25 plan.  You'll only lose that credit if your friend decides to change providers.  The $25 plan is eligible for all Public Mobile credits.  I'm on the $25 plan as well, switched over a few months back.  Everything is working as it should.

ekam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I did a similar plan change last year and I retained my refer a friend rewards

chrisforster
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The refer a friend is not plan specific.  It is simply a reward that you receive for referring a friend, and that friend having any plan.  So you should still receive your reward regardless of the plan you are on.

jonfirlotte
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As long as the people you referred are still with PM then you will not lose your rewards.

magicmedia
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You will not lose it for sure.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@S-K wrote:

I'm on a $40 plan, I'm planning to switch to a $25 plan, will I lose the refer-a-friend reward privelege?

Your rewards move with your account. You can only lose rewards as said...a referred friend close their account, you close your account and remove auto pay. You can lose promo bonuses like data. It's important to save the link or screenshot any promo you might have used or recieved so you can easily refer to the details. Rbc promo: if during or after the six months you change your plan to a lower priced plan you forfeit any bonuses (5gb data add on.) That and the bug going around when people who downgrade lose their service at renewal when they've topped up their account. Very rare bug but may have mutated from the more common auto pay bug.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@S-K Only when your friend no longer with PM, your $1 monthly reward will be removed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@S-K wrote:

Rewards are attached to the account...not the plan. You won't.

Except for a few customers who might still be on a 10 day plan, all plans qualify for refer-a-friend rewards. It'll be fine.

Need Help? Let's chat.