cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I can't receive message and receive a call after activation?

Hejun
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I switched from virgin mobile and activated the sim card this afternoon,  and keep my old number.  Now after three or four hours, my phone still can't receive any call and message.   I have searched here for the problem, such as turning-on-off the public motive mobile network, turning-on-off the phone,  the phone still doesn't work.  

2 REPLIES 2

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

did you get the text from Virgin confirming you are porting over your line yet?

It looks like Porting is not completed.  As the previous post suggested, call the porting hotline.  

It happened to me.   I didn't receive the confirmation text on the old provider. 

Called the Port hotline and they re-trigger the porting process.  Then I got the text within 5 mins and all done within 30 mins after

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Hejun wrote:

I switched from virgin mobile and activated the sim card this afternoon,  and keep my old number.  Now after three or four hours, my phone still can't receive any call and message.   I have searched here for the problem, such as turning-on-off the public motive mobile network, turning-on-off the phone,  the phone still doesn't work.  

Call this number ** to complete your port.

Porting Your Number Into Public Mobile

If you are porting your number into Public Mobile, for additional security, your previous service provider may also send an SMS text to validate the transfer. Follow the instructions in the message within 90 minutes to approve the number transfer.If you have missed the 90 minute window to respond, we will send you an SMS with instructions on how to re-initiate the transfer by calling our Porting team.The SMS will read as follows:Public Mobile Msg: The request to move your phone number to Public Mobile has timed out. Don't worry, you can easily re-initiate the transfer. Please call our Porting Team at ***to authorize your number l

Tips:

• Keep the old account's device on with the SIM card inside to receive the validation message. If that’s not possible, please ensure you can access the SIM from a different device.
  • Be sure to check all texts that could go to any other members on the old account and any junk or spam folders.
Need Help? Let's chat.