cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who can earn Rewards?

Lachlan_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Only Public Mobile customers (i) on Rewards eligible plans, and (ii) who have active accounts in good standing:

Rate Plan eligibility:

• All in-market plans as of January 27, 2015 are eligible for Rewards except for the 10-day plans that are not eligible for Rewards. Plans offered during between May 9, 2014 and January 27, 2015 are no longer in market and not eligible for Rewards.

Customer status eligibility:

• Your account must be active and in good standing in order to earn Rewards. This means that your account cannot be in suspended (due to non-payment or if you suspended your service yourself due to lost or stolen phone) or deactivated status. For example, if you receive your Rewards and then go into expired status immediately after because you did not make a payment on time, you will not be able to use your Rewards. The Rewards can only be used once you add sufficient funds to your account to pay for you plan and become active again.

Last updated on 10/08/2015

82 REPLIES 82

@srlawren wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@srlawren, no they can still only earn $5/30 days what I am saying is if they ahve been with PM for 8 years they do not start with $5 of rewards.  Loyalty rewards start accumulating from January 27, 2015 when rewards were introduced if you are a Legacy customer or your date you joined PM for all other customer.

@ShawnC13 oh that's clearer--thanks!  So that means they will all start out at $4 out of the gate?   (Since they all got on their plans before Jan 27, 2015)

@srlawrenThat is how I read that from the announcement and following the links

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@srlawren, no they can still only earn $5/30 days what I am saying is if they ahve been with PM for 8 years they do not start with $5 of rewards.  Loyalty rewards start accumulating from January 27, 2015 when rewards were introduced if you are a Legacy customer or your date you joined PM for all other customer.

@ShawnC13 oh that's clearer--thanks!  So that means they will all start out at $4 out of the gate?   (Since they all got on their plans before Jan 27, 2015)

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Felixbthe1 wrote:

So far as understand,you can only recieve oyalty rewards for the first five years of your contract for a maximum of $5 off your bill which is nothing to sneeze at. Have a nice day

@brianq wrote:

I have one of the so called legacy accounts, seven or eight years now.

Exactly when will we begin earning rewards points?

@Felixbthe1, in the case of the legacy plan holders it isn't the first five years.  It is the number of years they have had continual service with PM from Jan 27. 2015 when the rewards program started.

@ShawnC13 am I reading this right? Are you saying there's no loyalty reward cap at max $5/30 days for legacy planholders that let their plans convert in March?  So if they've been a customer for 12 years (obviously not yet, but down the road), they will get $12/30 days?  

Loyalty.PNG

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

srlawren

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Felixbthe1 wrote:

So far as understand,you can only recieve oyalty rewards for the first five years of your contract for a maximum of $5 off your bill which is nothing to sneeze at. Have a nice day

@brianq wrote:

@Felixbthe1, in the case of the legacy plan holders it isn't the first five years.  It is the number of years they have had continual service with PM from Jan 27. 2015 when the rewards program started.

@ShawnC13 am I reading this right? Are you saying there's no loyalty reward cap at max $5/30 days for legacy planholders that let their plans convert in March?  So if they've been a customer for 12 years (obviously not yet, but down the road), they will get $12/30 days?  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Felixbthe1 wrote:

@brianq wrote:

Felixbthe1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@brianq wrote:

@brianq wrote:

@brianq, if you choose to change you plan now you can earn the loyalty rewards of $1 per year going back to January 27, 2015 when the rewards plan was implimented. so $4 would be your loyalty reward when you decide to change your plan or let it auto change in March.  Depending on what plan you are on there are many current plans that are cheaper than the Legacy plans and I am not sure if Legacy plans were Canada wide texting only but new plans are international texting.

brianq
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

mamabear23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Perhaps the person you referred didn't input your info? If they did, your reward should be visible.

amasood

bascially anyone can. The easiest reward to earn is the Autopay or Referral. 

srlawren

@Chiefkeith wrote:

Anyone who has a plan that offers rewards

@Chiefkeith thanks for trying to be helpful but you've literally re-iterated the answer to the question posed in the subject, which was also answered in the very first post of this thread by the original author.  

Chiefkeith

Anyone who has a plan that offers rewards

Pittappillil1

PM referral bonus is not attractive as Koodo. Atleast 10 bucks initially for Both and $1/month discount may be more attractive.

Tylor2001

Unfortunately he has to state that he was referred from you on the initial set up date. Possibly have him create a new account with a new phone number. But remember for next time to have your number as the referral number. More saving for you!!

Tylor2001

Simply have your friend fill out your number when selecting and/or creating his plan in the referred box option. 

cserif72
Phone support isn’t that great I had finally switched my account to update it because I’ve had same account since public opened and have over 50.00 credit on my account but she took it out of my bank instead so instead of auto payment I have to wait and pay more then set it up myself any way and had a bill bounce because of it so phone support is no good any way

@andperse wrote:

How are the help the community rewards awarded? Is it based on how many posts each user makes, or how many bravos they recieve or both?

I find that the 30 day bravo leaderboard is usually a very good indication.  However, there may be orher deciding factors such as post count, accepted solutions, bravos given, number of topics started, etc.   The point is that Public Mobile isn't going to explain this completely.

andperse

How are the help the community rewards awarded? Is it based on how many posts each user makes, or how many bravos they recieve or both?

This is not true. Early clients who haven't changed their grandfathered plan (plans that includes phone support) can't earn rewards. If they switch, most in market plans (if not all, I'm not sure anymore) are cheaper for more service, but they'll lose access to phone support. They would also immediatly get the loyalty reward applied (most likely $3 or $4/months) to their account as well as the auto-pay reward (if enabled), but not any previous referral reward. 

whyte9994

Evererone can earn rewards with the acception of the 10-day plan members as long as they have an account with Public Mobile.

imm1304

@DBECS wrote:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 90Days newplan autpay by cread card

Hi @DBECS!  Please never share personal info here.  These are public forums that anyone can see.  You can reach Public Mobile via private message to @CS_Agent 

DBECS

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 90Days newplan autpay by cread card

smay

A friend of mine has referred 3 friends and it worked for them each time. Great idea !

srins02

You can earn rewards if you refer people. You can also stay with them for a year then its $1 off a month and then $2 off a month after 2 years. Also commenting and helping out the community on here - answering these questions.

tylerbeckmann5

He has to put in your number when he registers , public mobile can't put it in manually so make sure he fills in the online form correctly.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello everyone! Hope your week-end is going well so far. To know more about the rewards, you may visit our website on this link: https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/rewards. Hopefully this helps! Enjoy your week-end! 

Felixbthe1

It's one dollar a year i believe.

Felixbthe1

Anyone that is with Public Mobile and helps out with questions and problems in the mobile community forum.

Never heard of people receiving email, usually it's texts, and a week after is odd, but odd things happens with rewards so as long as he gets the reward displayed in his selfserve everything should be good...

@Apollinaro89, yes your friend would have received a message saying that he is now earning the $1/30 days referral bonus that will come off of his bill.

Need Help? Let's chat.