cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who can earn Rewards?

Lachlan_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Only Public Mobile customers (i) on Rewards eligible plans, and (ii) who have active accounts in good standing:

Rate Plan eligibility:

• All in-market plans as of January 27, 2015 are eligible for Rewards except for the 10-day plans that are not eligible for Rewards. Plans offered during between May 9, 2014 and January 27, 2015 are no longer in market and not eligible for Rewards.

Customer status eligibility:

• Your account must be active and in good standing in order to earn Rewards. This means that your account cannot be in suspended (due to non-payment or if you suspended your service yourself due to lost or stolen phone) or deactivated status. For example, if you receive your Rewards and then go into expired status immediately after because you did not make a payment on time, you will not be able to use your Rewards. The Rewards can only be used once you add sufficient funds to your account to pay for you plan and become active again.

Last updated on 10/08/2015

82 REPLIES 82

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Apollinaro89  hi sorry but is there a question?

Apollinaro89
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there .my friend refered me to switch here and i did and he got a email letting him kno he got the refer a friend bonus it was 1 wk after i signed up

Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep in mind:

you haven't changed plan or you can't changed your plan just add your on 90 day to you can get all this Reward from public mobile , see it at https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans .
you can call *611 and ask them to change plan for one of the current plans. you like it .
If you want it to changed your plan, to you have to put your plan for on 90 day and your get a awesome Reward .
when you change your plan , You'll lose access to the call center *611, then the only way to get assistance will be through this forum. or you can send private messages to special agent .
Depending of your current plan, you'll probably pay less afterward and you will get a discount and all Reward from public mobile .

GOOD LUCK  Heart

Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep in mind. 

you haven't changed plan or you can't changed your plan just add your on 90 day to you can get all this Reward from public mobile , see it at 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans .
you can call *611 and ask them to change plan for one of the current plans. you like it .
If you want it to changed your plan, to you have to put your plan for on 90 day and your get a awesome Reward .
when you change your plan , You'll lose access to the call center *611, then the only way to get assistance will be through this forum. or you can send private messages to special agent .
Depending of your current plan, you'll probably pay less afterward and you will get a discount and all Reward from public mobile .

GOOD LUCK  Heart

Anonymous
Not applicable

i love it that plan Heart

you getting Talk Unlimited

Get your talk on!

Here is what you get:

$20/30* days Unlimited Province-wide1 Talk

30-day plan on Canada’s largest mobile network

Voicemail and Call Display

Heart

srlawren

@syed51 I think @Someone_here is 100% correct here. If you are still on your original plan from 3 years ago, those plans are not eligible for rewards.  Only the newer "pick and pay" plans are.  You would need to change plans in order to qualify for rewards.  This may or may not be beneficial for you, depending on what you're currently paying and getting from your grandfathered "legacy" plan (the plans prior to the pick-and-pay system).  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@syed51, what is your current plan? How much for what service?

If you haven't changed plan since 3 years, you most probably are on a grandfathered/pionner plan, which doesn't allow for rewards.

If you want, you can call 611 and ask them to change plan for one of the current plans.

Keep in mind:

- You'll gain $2/month reward, if you use autopay

- you'll gain $3/month reward, if you have been clients t for 3 years.

- You'll lose access to the call center, then the only way to get assistance will be through this forum.

- Depending of your current plan, you'll probably pay less afterward.

syed51
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am with public mobile since 3 years but I never get any award, no discount.

Rockdaddy22
That's great info @Someone_here

@lilyjayde wrote:

So I've been a customer with PM since December 2012.... I still wouldn't be eligible for rewards for that?.....

@lilyjayde

However if you switch to a new plan, you'll get the loyalty reward as soon as you make the switch.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/NEW-Talk-and-Text-Promo-Plan/m-p/156225#...

srlawren

@lilyjayde if you're still on your legacy plan from back then, then no you are not eligible for rewards.  If you've switched to one of the newer pick-and-pay plans more recently, then you would be.  But you'd also lose phone-based support, if that's important to you.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

lilyjayde

So I've been a customer with PM since December 2012.... I still wouldn't be eligible for rewards for that?.....

srlawren

@dboxtvinfo wrote:
I can

Yes, we know.  Everyone with a non-grandathered/legacy account can.

@dboxtvinfo wrote:
What happens if I am using old account for login ? I have passed the 90 days and activated a new sim card.

I don't understand the question.  You waited 90 days and then activated a new sim card?  Why?  Confused.

@dboxtvinfo wrote:
I do find text packs expensive.

This is completely off topic for rewards.  However, the text packs are actually FREE if you select a talk and a data option.  On any 30 or 90 day plan, pick ANY talk option (other than no talk) and ANY data option (other than no data) and try switching between no text and global text.  You will notice that the discount goes up by the same amount as the texting option, making the price the same with or without texting.  I think FREE is pretty reasonable, so I disagree with your statement.

dboxtvinfo
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I do find text packs expensive.

dboxtvinfo
What happens if I am using old account for login ? I have passed the 90 days and activated a new sim card.

dboxtvinfo
I can

steven930

how can i had refer i a friend, wont get any text msg notice?

mikga

@mahmoodakhan wrote:

Its been several years that I am PM cusotmer but never received any reward. Why would that be?

Mahmooda, you need to go to the link below to find out how to get rewards. But at least you can get the loyalty rewards, check with the Mod reps. for that. I'd got $12 for refering a friend & set up auto pay. Hope to get more from involving community here.

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/rewards

@srlawren to be fair, most of the grandfather and legacy plans are nowhere near as appealing today as they were a few years ago

I really think only those on the $15 or $19 plans will see any benefit

(Remember Telus kicked everyone off the old $40/$45 plans when they switched to SIM cards)

srlawren

@mahmoodakhan if you are still on your plan from "several years" ago, you are probably on one of the "grandfathered" plans, and they are not eligible for rewards.  Only the newer "pick-and-pay" plans are eligible for rewards.  The good news is, if you're on one of the older plans, you're already paying a lot less for your plan than those of us on pick-and-pay anyway, so the impact is low to none.

mahmoodakhan

Its been several years that I am PM cusotmer but never received any reward. Why would that be?

Leslinice

@htran need to notify a mod then @Shazia_K / @Mary_M

htran
Hello
I have referred a friend , his account is actively
How may I to get credit refer a friend to my an
account .I forgot to put his phone at the beginning. Please advise-Thanks

@anguyen for now your friend needs to enter your phone number in refer box when starting an activation. Public has discussed creating links but so far not happened

Your friend needs your number, you do not need his number

anguyen

How can I get  Rewards for refer a friend and how to apply for that  ! I had his account number and phone number .Please advise. ThanksSmiley Happy

@enivek the $15 Pick2 option? That should have applied immediately. Autopay credit would not show up unless you had it enabled BEFORE plan change (otherwise it will show next 90 day cycle)

But ask a mod if the plan discount did not apply @Shazia_K & @Mary_M

enivek
I've been with Public Mobile for more then five years now, and I just switched over to the new 90
Day plan because with the loyalty program it should be a better rate.

Sadly, I didn't get the $15 discount even though I was told I would when I agreed to switch.

I also didn't get the autopay discount either.

Kinda disappointed at the moment.

@syed_milad Plans offered during between May 9, 2014 and January 27, 2015 are no longer in market and not eligible for Rewards.

srlawren

@kevindo27 wrote:

Yeah, and plus these plans have tax included, which is great compared to Wind. 

@kevindo27 no, they don't.  Tax is on top of the plan amount, as with all Canadian providers.

@DISQUISITION wrote:
Read the original post, it VERY CLEARLY states what is and IS NOT eligible, and your plan is included in THE NOT ELIGIBLE.

@DISQUISITION to whom are you replying?  Nobody has recently questioned this in this thread.

@dboxtvinfo wrote:
What???? No tax???? Where???? How????

@dboxtvinfo no, that was @kevindo27's misunderstanding.  Tax is added on top of the plan cost.  (Plan cost - any rewards) + your applicable PST+GST or HST or QST tax.

Need Help? Let's chat.