cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When specifically do loyalty rewards start?

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Just wondering because, I remember I officially made the switch to PM on March 27, but my next payment date is March 22... will it count next month as march is my one year month, or will i wait until april as it uses the exact date as your one year? 

Just curious what to expect. search didnt seem to bring up this exact question. 

I know exactly when from keeping screencaps from my koodo account after they ticked me off bad enough to switch, but just before i made the call to port out lol

14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pawprints1986 : I suppose indirectly I was also implying you too. It was RosieR asking you to report back your findings like it was somehow new experimentation. It's not. You have replies from long-serving members here. I'm probably worse at searching. Never the right keywords or whatever.

@Pawprints1986 

I would concur with @computergeek541 , that even thought the reward may apply shortly after the 1 year anniversary, it won't serve the user any value until their next renewal.

In effect, the Loyalty credit only benefits the user on the renewal FOLLOWING 365 days in.

Pawprints1986

@Anonymous when I searched, people didn't seem to remember the exact date, only the month... That's why I created a new thread since I knew more specifically.

Could have just scrolled on by if you didn't like it... 🤷

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RosieR : So the umpteen times this has been asked about and the umpteen times it has been answered with solutions given aren't good enough for ya? That's my 2 cents.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

Just wondering because, I remember I officially made the switch to PM on March 27, but my next payment date is March 22... will it count next month as march is my one year month, or will i wait until april as it uses the exact date as your one year? 

I know exactly when from keeping screencaps from my koodo account after they ticked me off bad enough to switch, but just before i made the call to port out lol

Hi @Pawprints1986 will you come back and let us know when you get your first loyalty reward to clear up this issue ... once and for all?  lol everyone has an opinion. 😂  or just want their 2 cents in.  🤣

I have no idea as I have been a customer for only 6 months.  I'm sure other customers will share their 2 cents until this thread becomes viral.  lol

Stay safe

RosieR

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

I disagree with some members here. My experiences poiint to that you'll see the loyalty reward in your account in the rewards section after your plan renews on March 22 (before the year fully completes). However, since the rewards goes in there after the renewal, it will not be usable to reduce your next plan payment at the time time of the following renewal.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Pawprints1986 

Did you pause your plan ever so that you postponed the payment?

If not April 21 will be the first time you will be rewarded 

If yes, it will be cycle after for each missing cycle

Congrats @BearFBI 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

It will be your 14th cycle, 13th renewal, the one after your anniversary.

It will show up in your rewards section by your anniversary, bit unless you renewed early before so that (ie already paid for 360 days before so now you are paying for 390 days in total) it will not be applied until regular renewal

BearFBI

Talking about loyalty rewards, my one year mark is coming up in march too. Another dollar off baby !

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Pawprints1986 , on the first renewal one calendar year after you joined you will see the first loyalty reward.  While renewals are every 30 days, the rewards system is a mixed bag.  Loyalty is based on calendar as is the community reward.  Remember good things come to those who wait.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Great question, @Pawprints1986 

Because Public Mobile cycles on a 30-day cycle, you actually have to wait until the 13th cycle before your 1st Loyalty reward will apply.   

In your case, it'll be on April 21, 2021, renewal date. 

This is because at the 12th cycle, you're at 360 days (5 days short 1 full year).

The calculation is similar for subsequent years - essentially in that you receive the next year's Loyalty reward on the renewal date which follows the date in the calendar year beyond your activation date.

@Pawprints1986 

Usually will see the extra $1 beside your Loyalty rewards in My Rewards section in self service account at 12 months.  Won't actually physically receive the $1 until the 13 month payment.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

On the first plan renewal date, after 12 months of tenure as a Public Mobile member, you will begin to earn a recurring Loyalty Reward for as long as you remain an active Public Mobile customer on that account. Regardless of what plan you are on, your tenure will continue to accumulate as long as your account remains active. If your account is in a suspended state for more than 60 days in a year, your Loyalty Reward will be delayed by the number of days your account was suspended.

Need Help? Let's chat.