cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens to rewards if account is suspended?

Jeuneretraité
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi!

I'm thinking of suspending my account when I leave on my next trip (less than 90 days). From what I understand, the person who referred me would still get his rewards since I am still a client. What I'd like to know is will the reward also be suspended during that period and only be added once I reactivate my account? 

Also, it is unclear to me, if I refer a friend during the time my account is suspended, will I get the reward once I reactivate the account or will it not count as a referal? More importantly, will that friend get his 10$ credit. 

Finally, is there a limit of how many times one can suspend their account up to 90 days per year? I've already reached 5 years loyalty rewards but was wondering if it can cause any other problems? 

Thanks! 

10 REPLIES 10

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@YVRMy understanding is when you reactivate, your credits won't be automatically coverted into balance until the next autopay cycle, that's why the autopay credit doubles. So you will need to pay full 30 days plan amount up front.

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

What happens if you are on a 30 day plan, have suspended your account and you have referrals that provide reward credits?  Do you miss out on those referal rewards while suspended and not get them back. 

Ie. suspend the account for 40 days and you have 4 referals, 3 years of service and get a $2 community reward.  

when you reactivate, will you still have to pay for full 30 days cycle fee and will have missed out on those rewards ($4+$3+$2)?

Or would you just keep the account suspended for time that you are not using the plan and  forget about the rewards since they might be less (as in the example above) than the cost of the plan anyways.

s_shard
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

“All earned Rewards are applied to your account on your plan renewal date, before your payment is processed.”

You won’t receive rewards until you make the payment.

See this link for details on who is eligible for rewards:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/General-Reward-Rules/ta-p/164

The official party line has always been "you can't earn rewards while suspended"

This is NOT strictly true; many rewards CAN be earned while in suspension (esp if you are on a 90 day plan, but even a 30 day plan can get credits)

@Jeuneretraité  "Your account must be active and in good standing to earn and use Rewards. It cannot be in a suspended or deactivated status." See: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/General-Reward-Rules/ta-p/164

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Jeuneretraité
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you all for your quick replies. 🙂 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jeuneretraité 

PM always ask for full plan payment to re-activate your account after suspension.  You may not get your rewards for the restarted cycle.  But you can ask moderator for your rewards.

I am not sure you will get the refer-a-friend reward during suspension.  If you are going to get lots of referrals, you may consider to switch to $15 plan and continue to let your rewards to pay for your $15 plan fee.  Yours $5 loyalty + $2 autopay + referrals = free OR almost free.  If you have a plan which is no longer offeres, you may not get back your grandfathered plan after you come back.

Since you already receiving the $5 loyalty reward, suspension will not affect your loyalty reward.  Correct me if I am wrong on this anyone?

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I would think the rewards would still be valid after you reactivate as long as it's within your plan's time frame.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

I'm thinking of suspending my account when I leave on my next trip (less than 90 days). From what I understand, the person who referred me would still get his rewards since I am still a client. What I'd like to know is will the reward also be suspended during that period and only be added once I reactivate my account? 

if you go suspended, your friend will lost the $1 credit until you re-activate.  Your rewards will also be suspended and only added when re-activated.

Also, it is unclear to me, if I refer a friend during the time my account is suspended, will I get the reward once I reactivate the account or will it not count as a referal? More importantly, will that friend get his 10$ credit. 

From my understanding, you will not get any new friend referral credit when suspended.  Not sure whether you will get the credit when you re-activate.  Also, your friend will likely not get $10 credit.  

Finally, is there a limit of how many times one can suspend their account up to 90 days per year? I've already reached 5 years loyalty rewards but was wondering if it can cause any other problems? 

No limited on how many times you suspend your account as long as less than 90 days.  It does affect your reward timing though....

@Jeuneretraité 

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I had to suspended m(lost/stolen) account for very short time and everything was restored back normally.

I believe nobody keeps count how many times it goes suspended so as long as you keep it under 90 days you should be fine. 

Thatbeingsaid, things do go wrong with the times and counters so I would highly advise if you do come back day 85 to reactivate (I wouldn't let it pass 85 as you may be waiting potentially 72 hours for response if things go won't) keep it active over 90 day mark, so come back again after maybe 25 days from reactivation. I just don't trust those things and wouldn't want to be explaining mods that I activated for that one day and counter was supposed to be set to 0 and it didn't for some reason.

Now for receiving referral while suspended, you will have to clarify with somebody who would know. Off course you can't receive the credit your account is suspended and my understanding that no changes will be happening to your account while suspended. I'm not sure if anything can be done, on one hand you shouldn't be penalised for having phone lost, but on the other hand they can't allow account changes for an account linked to possibly stolen phone. You better clarify that with moderators

Need Help? Let's chat.