cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does it take to be in the top 1, 5, 10%?

martinmei
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/the-community-reward

I would love to take advantage of these rewards from contributions. But how many answers roughly does it take for me to get to the top 10%? Seems like everyone in the community here is very proactive with answering the questions! 

12 REPLIES 12

Im revising my opinion of what it takes to achieve the top 1% level in the community. Due to the advent of overachievers in the community to achieve the top 1% requires a Herculean effort of gold medal Olympian of pure focused determination and effort. Think Michael Phelps, Usain Bolt, Clara Hughes, Cindy Klassen, Shannon Miller or Brian Mckeever. This is what it takes to achieve this level. All others are very doable if you like to help others and you want to spend 1-4 hours on the community each day.

Dolphin1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

A lot of time and dedication to the community.  To me it is not the monetary value I receive but the value I provide by being part of the community.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

In past months I was moderately active and that would get me $2. For January I purposely scaled back to see what that gets. 

I do come here every day mostly to keep me informed, not so much to get rewards. But I only check out the main landing summary page to see what's going on. I want to know about promos, and potential outages or common issues -eg the US Roaming text bug that has been recently fixed. 

Spend more time and effort to get family/friends to join PM. That has much better dividends than Community Rewards. But spending time here reading allows you to better inform your F/F.

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@will13am wrote:

It is an exponential growth in effort to reach for the top.  The $1 and $2 reward level is easy.  

Yea even on months where I feel like I have been posting like crazy I haven't been able to do any better than the to 25%.  The hard part is they don't really post rankings so you never know if you are at the top of your reward level or the bottom.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

It is an exponential growth in effort to reach for the top.  The $1 and $2 reward level is easy.  

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It is very hard to be top 1% 5%, but if you help others by answer lot of questions you will be top 50% 25%10% easily.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@martinmei 

Members on this forum are saying that you make more money by collecting empty bottles than getting the community reward.  If you still are interested in helping members with problem, start reading forum threads and learn as much as you can on how PM system work.

@martinmei 

It is easier to earn the lower amounts per month.  It takes a lot of time to earn the higher levels.  As we joke on the community forum, you can likely earn more money collecting bottles and cans on the street then spending time here.  Earning $20 is not reachable for most people, except for oracles.  $15/month likely need to spend at least several hours per day for most days of the month.  Less than minimum wage if you average it out.  

If you enjoy participating and helping others, then give it a try.  

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@martinmei , if all you are looking  for is the rewards? Then it isn't worth it . You are basically putting in approximately 10 to 15 days a month  to earn essentially what is 1 hour at minimum wage. You have to do it because you really enjoy trying to help fellow PM ers. 

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@martinmei wrote:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/the-community-reward

I would love to take advantage of these rewards from contributions. But how many answers roughly does it take for me to get to the top 10%? Seems like everyone in the community here is very proactive with answering the questions! 

Public Mobile decides how many members to give each reward. There'a no number that promises top 1, 5, or 10%.  Each month is different.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Time, just time

Read through community and when you have time try to help

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Only Public Mobile knows the secret formula however I can tell you, you'd make more money returning pop bottles then you would here.

Many (like myself) do it to help others and pass their time. Be it at work (which I am.now) or on a bus, train, having a few minutes to help someone else.

Take the time to read posts, learning the self serve account, and broaden your knowledge. When you're comfortable enough start answering question that you know. As you continue you'll notice that its a great group of people on here passing their time rather then scrolling Facebook 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.