cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

WHY DOES MY MOBILE BROWSING GETS SLOWER AT SOMETIME?

Why does my internet browing or streaming get slower towards the end of the cycle when  I am on fixed data plan....say 4GB data plané even when I still have some data left.

Re: WHY DOES MY MOBILE BROWSING GETS SLOWER AT SOMETIME?

Your cellular data will use the cell network, so check that you have as many bars as possible to ensure full speeds. You may have luck in different rooms of your house depending on how close you live to a cell tower. 

As for the conspiracy of Public purposely slowing down your data towards the end of the pay period, I'm sorry to say that it's all in your head. 

Mayor / Maire

Speeds don't get slower at the end of a billing cycle. There is no reason to do that.  In fact, if they did do that, they would risk making the customer unhappy and risk him or her not renewing.

Cellular data speeds have always been very inconsistent.  You can do multiple tests standing still in one spot consecutively and get download speed ranging anywhere from 5Mbps to 300Mbps (those numbers are examples only).  There are also many different frequencies that your phone could be connected to at any give time, which can even switch multiple times when you are stationary.

That doesn't really be the cause..

@frankmanny wrote:

Why does my internet browing or streaming get slower towards the end of the cycle when  I am on fixed data plan....say 4GB data plané even when I still have some data left.

how long have you been encountering this problem for? Has it been the same pattern for many months?

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have heard stories about speedtest speeds being faster than in the end of the cycle, but I have never experienced that problem myself.  Not that speedtest is a good way to test speed, in that it can be gamed rather easily.

I cannot see why Telus would deliberately slow down your speed at the end of your cycle.  Nothing to gain from it.   The only explanation I can think of is other users are pounding the network at the end of your billing cycle, but even that does not make sense.

I wish Canadian carriers would do what American carriers do,  you get a set amount of quota, and when you go over that, your bandwidth gets throttled.  Annoying, of course, but you still have some internet, albiet slow. 

Yes is been all same ..... does it me mean people are not aware of this ?

Highlighted

I the case of US I i don't it happens with a fixed data plan

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@frankmanny wrote:

I the case of US I i don't it happens with a fixed data plan

Pretty much gonna echo what everyone else said based on personal experience.

If you are truly convinced that something's amiss and you don't believe us Smiley Happy then you can contact a moderator to see if there's a problem but really - what's in it for PM by doing this?

I think it would make more sense for a devious plot to INCREASE rather than decrease your speed as your plan went on to encourage you to use more data quicker so you'd be needing a sweet, juicy, almost-all-profit data add-on once you ran out. Smiley LOL

(And NO I don't think there's any such conspiracies!!)

I want this knowledge to go round at the end of the day with some evidence