cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using extra sim cards

DanAR
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I think I saw a comment a week or two back about acquiring extra sim cards and using them to generate rewards.  How does that work?  Do you activate them for a reward and then let them die?

7 REPLIES 7

DanAR

Thanks

You've covered it all.

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The extra sim cards are just to hand out to potential referrals (it makes switching to PM more enticing). Canadian Cell Supplies sells them for around $3. 

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@DanAR, man I wished that was as easy as pie! As per the great minds thinking with @ShawnC13  and @Luddite it would cost you more to activate the SIM cards yourself and let them die. 

Granted, if you decide to buy extra SIM cards out, make sure they have your referral code. It probably nice if you type out your referral code or print nicely on a piece of paper for them to read. And maybe another good idea is to cross the zero as a 0, to prevent them from entering the character or letter O! 

Sign up for Public Mobile alerts or check back here in the community when the Public Mobile SIMs go on sale for $5. Like @Luddite mentioned, Canadian Supplies sells it cheaper than Public Mobile, and I do know some users have had success in buying with their Paypal account!

Be safe!

DanAR

Thanks.

I thought I misunderstood that.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@DanAR wrote:

I think I saw a comment a week or two back about acquiring extra sim cards and using them to generate rewards.  How does that work?  Do you activate them for a reward and then let them die?

Ummm this doesn't sound like a legal/ethical thing to do.  Plus how would you benefit?  You need to purchase a sim pay for an additional plan to get $1?  So even if you got the SIM card free you would need to purchase a minimum plan of $15 and you would get $1?  Doesn't make sense why someone would do this.

Now if you mean purchasing additional cards to give to people you are referring that could work.  You just need to hope they stay long enough for you to cover the cost of the sim card you gave them in the referral reward you would get for each one.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@DanAR wrote:

No. Just to have around to hand out with your referral code. Ideally buy them from one of the supplers offering a discount. Otherwise, it's a 10 months to break even.

Just remembered: often discounted sim cards and vouchers at this website.

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/products/public-sim-card?variant=31239577829465

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@DanAR hi I am not sure what you may have read but it would not be practical to open an account and pay for a plan to get rewards it would be a losing proposition 

Need Help? Let's chat.