cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useless customer service - Refer a friend

Nebula
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

January - I talk to a MOD about my refer a friend reward disappearing. They ask me to answer a few questions to verify my account, which I do. I get told that the issue will be resolved before my next billing cycle in Feb.

Feb - Nothing got done. I message again using the SAME thread I've been messaging the MOD with and they ask me to verify my account AGAIN. Then I get told that "your Refer-a-Friend reward counter will update once an update is run in our back-end systems"

April - I message the MOD... AGAIN. Same thread, but they can't seem to scroll up/down to read the answers that will verify my account. Issue is still not resolved. 

17 REPLIES 17

Nebula

I am on the 90 day plan and I have 2 referrals. Both of them show up when I look at my account, but only one is credited.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey Nebula :D. we did receive your message! An agent will shortly get in touch with you.

@Nebula sorry to hear your issue got lost in the cracks... thanks for posting again so that the Community can try to help you. It's recommended to give users a shot to resolve the issue first before referring you to the moderators. In this case, however, when it's dealing with credits and account issues, you might have to.

BUT... before you do that, let's make sure we're all talking in the same language. If you're on a 90 day plan, you'll get $1 per 30 days per referral... $3 at each renewal. In your case, if you're on 90 days, you should of got $6 credited. If you're on a 30 day plan, you should only be getting $2 at each renewal. Maybe you can describe in more detail which credits you're missing.

Thanks for your help, so we can try to help you! Robot Happy

Nebula

Bringing back my old topic as my issue is still not resolved completely.

My renewal is coming up in August and the 'glitch' has still not been fixed. I gave plenty of time and even sort of forgot about it till I logged on to check how much data I used. I just don't want to have to message the MODs every time I need to renew. Is that too much to ask?

Lochness88
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yeah I’ve done it with my mom and Nan set up there accounts but I always double checked to make sure my phone was in the correct spot to get the discount you can try to contact the moderators and send them a pm to see if they are able to fix the problem.

Cgfitzhe1982

Yes, I’m positive it was done correctly as I’m the one who set up each and every one of the accounts. Haha I’m kind of the go to person with my friends and family when it comes to cell/internet all that fun stuff lol I’m authorized on so many peoples accounts it’s crazy. 😛

@Cgfitzhe1982, are you sure they used your phone number at activation of their SIM?  IF yes, are you sure there were no errors on your friends’ end during the setup?

As I was a brand new user when I joined, and referred a friend within the first week of activation, he put my ported in phone number (I originally activated on a new number) and the system returned an error saying it wasn’t a valid number.  He completed his activation, and was done with it.

i reported this to the moderators about this specific issue, and they got the tech team to update the system to see my ported in number.

Although I got some credits towards the rewards for the friend referral added manually, his number could not be associated with mine, as the moderators have no ability to add it.  It is only available at first SIM activation, and no other way.

As you’re saying you haven’t complained since your one friend activated over a year ago, I don’t know if you’re going to get any assistance on this.  Hope you do...

Cgfitzhe1982

Unserstandably frustrating. I’m working with them to resolve the issue for me as well. I have referred 5...’one almost or over a year ago and haven’t gotten any rewards for it yet. I’ll just work with them and I’m sure it’ll get fixed eventually. It’ll be a decent size credit by the time it’s done 🙂 

hope all goes well on your next bill cycle 🙂 

Nebula

I wanted to see the part pm.PNG

Nothing suspicious... 

I have 2 referrals but only $3 showing. It's been that way since January. My plan renewed in Feb and will renew again in May. I did not want anything awarded other than getting what I am supposed to get. I love Public Mobile but had I not made this little thread I would have gotten the run around once again. I am satisfied for now so you can stop assuming I'm trying to rig the system. 

If what you say is true about the moderator team fixing the glitches, I have not been on the receiving end of it and was getting frustrated. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Nebula, none of this makes sense to me.  From my understanding, there was ugrades to the system that allows the moderator team to make fixes on the referral system if there were glitches.  It seems also suspicous that this time around you got a credit.  What were you asking for before that led to nothing being awarded?

Nebula

My point was that anyone that is private messaging a mod using my account has access to the verification answers.

What is the point of verifying if the answer is sitting right there for any hacker to see. 

Either way, they have credited my account (finally) but I still don't have the referral listed. So I will probably have to PM them again in 3 months. 

Thank you all!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mimmo wrote:

to my knowledge the only verification info they need is your pin number and then email and cell number.   anything extra should only be asked for when the pin is not provided.

@Nebula in addition to what @mimmo has mentioned, I would say that it's not unreasonable for them to ask for verification again when picking up even an existing thread of discussion down the road.  Yes it's a bit annoying, but it's for both your protection as well as theirs.  It sounds like around a month has gone by between each interaction, and during that time your account could have been hacked, etc.

Let me put it another way:  if you were dealing with provider X (Koodo, Fido, Rogers, Telus, Bell, Virgin, Freedom, Videotron, etc) by either calling into their call centre of visiting a retail location, they would want to verify your idenity each time you call/visit, right?  It's easier in those scenarios becuase they can just look at your ID or ask you questions and get an immediate response. Or if you walked into your bank/credit union branch once a month, they would want to verify you are who you are before doing anything with your account, right?  I think this is at least as important with an online support model, IMHO.

Knowing what you know, in anticipation of being asked for verification, why not inlcude that info any time you start or resume a stale conversation with the moderator team and save yourself some hassle and improve the response time?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@mimmo wrote:

to my knowledge the only verification info they need is your pin number and then email and cell number.   anything extra should only be asked for when the pin is not provided.

That is what I provide and they don't ask for anything more. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Nebula

I only have 2 referrals and I know 100% that both are still using their accounts.

I know there is little to be gained in ranting, but there is absolutely nothing to be gained in private messaging the mods. I have been very patient with them. When I asked for manual override, they said no. I am also on a 90 day plan. My plan renews again in May.

Another rant - verifying accounts requires me to answer simple questions. They tell me that they can't use the answers I gave previously because it has been 1 month since the last correspondence. If I can go back to view my previous answers to the questions, why can't a mod look at them as well? If its a security issue, then the method they use to verify accounts is VERY insecure to begin with.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Nebula, are you sure the referred accounts are still active.  I have had issues with referrals and I have to say that it did take an inordinate amount of time for the back office to do whatever they did, but eventually things were corrected.  I am on a 90 day plan and so I had a larger window for the correction to be made without impact.  Even then, if a reward should be legitimately given, they would do a manual override if the resolution doesn't happen before an account renewal.  The moderators are very fair if you try to work with them, at least that has been my experience.  There is little gained by ranting in the community forum.  I would never say bad things to the chef who controls the quality of my meal. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@CS_Agent @Shazia_K Can you take care of this please?

Need Help? Let's chat.