Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Unique referral code

i wish we could choose our own referral code or affiliate id code

Oracle

@robertmay wrote:

i wish we could choose our own referral code or affiliate id code

@robertmay 

I like this idea in theory, as long as any changes in the referral code by the account holder doesn't break any links to people already referred.  Then customers could customize their codes to something memorable to give others.  There would have to be a check in place to see if the proposed referral code is already in use by another account though.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

yes i have signed up with affiliate codes on a variety of sites that let you set your own unique code, this can be a number or a word, etc.  makes it much easier to remember and to pass along to others when they only have to remember your code word.

Mayor / Maire

This sounds great in theory, but PM is a no-frills provider.

Also imagine how this would affect website response times.    *Crashes*

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Great Idea! No need to share the phone number with a not a real friendSmiley Happy 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@LovesToPM wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

I think there should be some “rules” around referrals. IMHO it looks EXTREMELY unprofessional every time PM puts up a Facebook post and literally hundreds of people come out of the woodwork saying use my referral code, no use mine... 

I don’t know what the answer is but I have seen moderators occasionally post telling people to stop posting their phone numbers. These new codes may lead to even more doing these posts. PM could simply state this sort of trolling for unsolicited referrals is unacceptable and suspend the ability to earn any new referral credits for one month for any codes posted publicly on a PM advertisement post. It is one thing to message someone who asks for a referral code but the number of unsolicited offers simply looks bad on PM.

Terry

There's a solution to this. PM can put a limit on the number of referrals you can earn.

Koodo does the same thing.

I would be against an annual limit though. But limit of x referrals monthly sounds alright to me.

I'm against any limits on the customers ability to save $, any limit on the rewards offered to referrals would simply be a limit on the amount of $ customers could save AND a limit on the amount of $ Public could make from referals.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I will not share my code to an unknown person and end of the day it is really for friends. By the way, I have enough friends to shareSmiley Happy 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I never received any sms on this subject. Basically, I don’t care of code. 

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@selva1 ?

Mayor / Maire

@Roger3 wrote:

I will not share my code to an unknown person and end of the day it is really for friends. By the way, I have enough friends to shareSmiley Happy 

Why not? They can't do anything with code except give you a reward.