cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Unique referral code

@stonechucker wrote:

I’m still waiting for the txt message about this on my Fall 2016 Promo sim.  My new sim for my backup phone got the txt sometime this weekend.

Maybe my opt out of the offer in 2017 killed this message.

My more recent account got it from 5131 but my original account has not received it (yet).

AE_Collector: It was very telling when that customer a couple days ago observed that they were getting all these unsolicited offers of a referral wondering what the heck is going on. I just find that to be of very poor taste. I'll certainly provide one on a request either openly or in pm. But I don't go throwing my number at every new customer coming on with questions about signing up

But I don't think there should be a rule. I just think it looks bad on that referrer...not the company.

Mayor / Maire

@AE_Collector wrote:

I think there should be some “rules” around referrals. IMHO it looks EXTREMELY unprofessional every time PM puts up a Facebook post and literally hundreds of people come out of the woodwork saying use my referral code, no use mine... 

I don’t know what the answer is but I have seen moderators occasionally post telling people to stop posting their phone numbers. These new codes may lead to even more doing these posts. PM could simply state this sort of trolling for unsolicited referrals is unacceptable and suspend the ability to earn any new referral credits for one month for any codes posted publicly on a PM advertisement post. It is one thing to message someone who asks for a referral code but the number of unsolicited offers simply looks bad on PM.

Terry

There's a solution to this. PM can put a limit on the number of referrals you can earn.

Koodo does the same thing.

I would be against an annual limit though. But limit of x referrals monthly sounds alright to me.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey guys, I saw a message telling about it, but I've deleted it as I thought it would be somewhere in my account, but I don't see it anywhere...Where's the code? Smiley Happy

Mayor / Maire

We're supposed to get our code some time next week.

Look out for an SMS with your unique code next week.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sorry, got redirected to the answer, so will wait till July 24th Smiley Happy

Mayor / Maire

@dowser wrote:

Hey guys, I saw a message telling about it, but I've deleted it as I thought it would be somewhere in my account, but I don't see it anywhere...Where's the code? Smiley Happy

The text says starting July 24th.

Mayor / Maire

@dowser wrote:

The message I received said "Starting July 24...." and "Look out for an SMS code with your unique code next week."

Edit: Holy moly, I'm way too slow confirming the text message and typing the relevant parts of it ... Sorry for the redundancy!

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@z10user4 wrote:

AE_Collector: It was very telling when that customer a couple days ago observed that they were getting all these unsolicited offers of a referral wondering what the heck is going on. I just find that to be of very poor taste. I'll certainly provide one on a request either openly or in pm. But I don't go throwing my number at every new customer coming on with questions about signing up

But I don't think there should be a rule. I just think it looks bad on that referrer...not the company.

On occasion when someone seems to be getting bombarded with "referral codes" I have suggested to the potential new customer to ask their friends, family and work mates if any of them are Public Mobile customers and if so consider getting a referral from that person rather than from a stranger.

Terry

Mayor / Maire

@AE_Collector wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

On occasion when someone seems to be getting bombarded with "referral codes" I have suggested to the potential new customer to ask their friends, family and work mates if any of them are Public Mobile customers and if so consider getting a regeral from that person rather than a stranger.

Terry

That was the first time I recall seeing a new customer wondering wth and asking about it here. I didn't know that was going on. I just think it's poor taste. But who am I to say.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

funny enough I never got the text about this, but that probably because I haven't got anyone to refer yet.