cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Unique referral code

Just got this text from Public Mobile:

Starting July 24, you will have a unique referral code that will replace sharing your phone number when referring someone to Public. Look out for an SMS with your unique code next week. Why refer? Get $1 off per month for every friend you refer for as long as they stay with us. Reply "unsubscribe" to be excluded from Public Mobile offers.

It's about time Smiley Happy

Mayor / Maire

Re: Unique referral code

Just got it as well. Let's hope they are not very long codes that would discourage people from registering them .

Also what would happen in time of a typo?

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

New unique referral code

Anyone else received this text?

"Public Mobile here: Starting July 24, you will have a unique referral code that will replace sharing your phone number when referring someone to Public. Look out for an SMS with your unique code next week.

Why refer? Get $1 off per month for every friend you refer for as long as they stay with us. Reply "unsubscribe" to be excluded from Public Mobile offers."

Mayor / Maire

Re: New unique referral code

LovesToPM: MacMe beat you to it Smiley Happy

Maybe stonechucker could merge these threads too. Smiley Happy

Edit: merged

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It's a good idea, so your phone number isn't out there being shared by whoever gets a hold of it, without you knowing.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@zhadj030 wrote:

The same thing that happens when you used a phone number, but made a typo.  It wouldn't work.

Mayor / Maire

@MacMe wrote:

@zhadj030 wrote:

The same thing that happens when you used a phone number, but made a typo.  It wouldn't work.

<=10 digits would be fine. Anything more could get cumbersome.

@z10user4, took me a while to find the other thread  - thanks for notifying.

I've not received this notification (yet) on my daily driver. Perhaps my backup device has received it at home.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

May be it'll stop employees at retail outlets entering in THIER own phone numbers, when people activate their accounts in store.  And not using the phone numbers that are given to them to enter in.  It's being done quite alot.