cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unique referral code

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Just got this text from Public Mobile:

Starting July 24, you will have a unique referral code that will replace sharing your phone number when referring someone to Public. Look out for an SMS with your unique code next week. Why refer? Get $1 off per month for every friend you refer for as long as they stay with us. Reply "unsubscribe" to be excluded from Public Mobile offers.

It's about time 🙂

51 REPLIES 51

nudgeme15
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I think typos shouldnt even be a concern.

MacMe

@mimmo wrote:

@MacMe, @GR @Log into selfserve you will see it in upper right corner. 

Yes, got it, thanks!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MacMe, @GR @Log into selfserve you will see it in upper right corner. 

MacMe

@GR wrote:

Nothing yet but I seen on the activation page that it's no longer asking for phone number, now it's a refferal code so that part is ready 

Yes, they changed it.  Looks like it accepts a maximum of 10 characters, so the code won't be really long.

refer.JPG

GR
Mayor / Maire

Nothing yet but I seen on the activation page that it's no longer asking for phone number, now it's a refferal code so that part is ready 

MacMe

Today is the day!!!  I haven't received my code yet though.  Anyone get their code?

Yes I too am anxiously looking forward to another $25/$25 referral promotion! I have a couple of potential referrals that I am planting the bug with and am ready to close the deal!

Terry

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sorry ... that's right. I thoought it said this week, but now I remember.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JackQuint wrote:

Was wondering if anhone had seen these codes yet? 

It's not July 24th yet.

JackQuint

Was wondering if anhone had seen these codes yet? 

popping

I am hoping PM will have the $25/$25 referral promo for using the new referral code system on Wednesday, July 24. 

BTW, Lucky had $25 referral promo for last 2 months and it is extended for another month to mid August.

XionBunny

Looking forward to sharing mine.

@Roger3 wrote:

I will not share my code to an unknown person and end of the day it is really for friends. By the way, I have enough friends to share:) 

Why not? They can't do anything with code except give you a reward.

@selva1 ?

selva1

I never received any sms on this subject. Basically, I don’t care of code. 

Roger3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I will not share my code to an unknown person and end of the day it is really for friends. By the way, I have enough friends to share:) 

TheGx

@LovesToPM wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

I think there should be some “rules” around referrals. IMHO it looks EXTREMELY unprofessional every time PM puts up a Facebook post and literally hundreds of people come out of the woodwork saying use my referral code, no use mine... 

I don’t know what the answer is but I have seen moderators occasionally post telling people to stop posting their phone numbers. These new codes may lead to even more doing these posts. PM could simply state this sort of trolling for unsolicited referrals is unacceptable and suspend the ability to earn any new referral credits for one month for any codes posted publicly on a PM advertisement post. It is one thing to message someone who asks for a referral code but the number of unsolicited offers simply looks bad on PM.

Terry

There's a solution to this. PM can put a limit on the number of referrals you can earn.

Koodo does the same thing.

I would be against an annual limit though. But limit of x referrals monthly sounds alright to me.

I'm against any limits on the customers ability to save $, any limit on the rewards offered to referrals would simply be a limit on the amount of $ customers could save AND a limit on the amount of $ Public could make from referals.

Roger3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Great Idea! No need to share the phone number with a not a real friend:) 

This sounds great in theory, but PM is a no-frills provider.

Also imagine how this would affect website response times.    *Crashes*

robertmay
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

yes i have signed up with affiliate codes on a variety of sites that let you set your own unique code, this can be a number or a word, etc.  makes it much easier to remember and to pass along to others when they only have to remember your code word.

SD08

@robertmay wrote:

i wish we could choose our own referral code or affiliate id code

@robertmay 

I like this idea in theory, as long as any changes in the referral code by the account holder doesn't break any links to people already referred.  Then customers could customize their codes to something memorable to give others.  There would have to be a check in place to see if the proposed referral code is already in use by another account though.

robertmay

i wish we could choose our own referral code or affiliate id code

XionBunny

funny enough I never got the text about this, but that probably because I haven't got anyone to refer yet.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

AE_Collector: It was very telling when that customer a couple days ago observed that they were getting all these unsolicited offers of a referral wondering what the heck is going on. I just find that to be of very poor taste. I'll certainly provide one on a request either openly or in pm. But I don't go throwing my number at every new customer coming on with questions about signing up

But I don't think there should be a rule. I just think it looks bad on that referrer...not the company.

On occasion when someone seems to be getting bombarded with "referral codes" I have suggested to the potential new customer to ask their friends, family and work mates if any of them are Public Mobile customers and if so consider getting a regeral from that person rather than a stranger.

Terry

That was the first time I recall seeing a new customer wondering wth and asking about it here. I didn't know that was going on. I just think it's poor taste. But who am I to say.

@Anonymous wrote:

AE_Collector: It was very telling when that customer a couple days ago observed that they were getting all these unsolicited offers of a referral wondering what the heck is going on. I just find that to be of very poor taste. I'll certainly provide one on a request either openly or in pm. But I don't go throwing my number at every new customer coming on with questions about signing up

But I don't think there should be a rule. I just think it looks bad on that referrer...not the company.

On occasion when someone seems to be getting bombarded with "referral codes" I have suggested to the potential new customer to ask their friends, family and work mates if any of them are Public Mobile customers and if so consider getting a referral from that person rather than from a stranger.

Terry

@dowser wrote:

Hey guys, I saw a message telling about it, but I've deleted it as I thought it would be somewhere in my account, but I don't see it anywhere...Where's the code? 🙂

The message I received said "Starting July 24...." and "Look out for an SMS code with your unique code next week."

Edit: Holy moly, I'm way too slow confirming the text message and typing the relevant parts of it ... Sorry for the redundancy!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dowser wrote:

Hey guys, I saw a message telling about it, but I've deleted it as I thought it would be somewhere in my account, but I don't see it anywhere...Where's the code? 🙂

The text says starting July 24th.

dowser

Sorry, got redirected to the answer, so will wait till July 24th 🙂

We're supposed to get our code some time next week.

Look out for an SMS with your unique code next week.

dowser

Need Help? Let's chat.