cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding Rewards and Payment

Llfa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have been subscribed to the $120 12GB plan for almost 2 years now. I checked my rewards and it says I have accumulated $90 in rewards so far. So what exactly can I use the $90 on? I have set up auto-payment and every 3 months I am still paying $120 for the renewal. Can someone help me understand this?

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11

My take is the $90 rewards is that this is showing as the lifetime total of credits received to date which is shown when logged in.

Thus it is quite likely that taxes are making the remaining amount owing (plus tax)  every 90 days look close to the $120 plan cost.

@Llfa You are aware that you can get a $30 day plan with 5 GB of data now for $40? Thus for the same price you get 5 GB every 30 days rather than an average of 4Gb every 30 days. Rewards would remain equivalent to what you currently receive. The only thing you would give up is the ability to average data consumption over 90 days. IE now if you only use 2Gb in the first 30 days you have 10 left to use over the next two months. With 5Gb/30 days you lose any unused data and start a new 5Gb allotment each month. Just an FYI.

Terry

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dunkman wrote:

@Llfa 

Don't forget that you also have to pay $120 + taxes every 90 days.  Maybe the autopay credit pays for the taxes?  .....

@Dunkman  It is definitely not taxes which may be the source of any discrepancy in question here.  All amounts that appear in the self-serve accounts are on a pre-tax basis, including amounts due, available funds, and rewards. Only when the billing system has to reach outside of the self-serve for funds (e.g. credit card charge) does tax get added. Likewise, when you buy a voucher, you pay the tax at the retailer, but only the face value of the voucher gets loaded into self-serve balance. Therefore, if $10 of rewards (or $10 account balance) matches a $10 plan for example, then nothing at all gets charged to the credit card, because tax on the difference owing of $0 is still zero. In this way, PM rewards are actually worth more than their face value because they offset amounts owed before taxes ever get assessed.

@Llfa  There may not be any overcharge or missing rewards here, so contacting the moderators is not necessary yet. As suggested, a snapshot of your payment history from your self-serve account would help us see what's happening. Be sure to redact any account identifying personal info.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Llfa 

Can you check your payment history please

I have$10 rewards coming to me, the info on the account page says that my plan is 15 and that 15 will be charged on the due date.

But when i look at my payment history i first get rewards applied to my account (2+8 for auto pay and friend referral) and then my credit catd is charged only $5.

And my credit card bill shows 5+tax.

So you should be charged 30+tax on the due day if your account balance is 0. If you have any account balance then after 90 of rewards applied, your credit card will be charged the difference bitten 120 and what you already have on your account, and of course the tax on top.

I hope it makes sense

Cheers

@Llfa And my favourite explanation: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/EXPIRED-vs-SUSPENDED-AVAILABLE-FUNDS-vs...  Robot LOL

Unless there has been a complete failure it's impossible to avoid using rewards to pay for service, unless manual payments are being made.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Llfa  and everyone else, no need to contact moderators.

First the 90$ in rewards is what you have saved in the lifetime of being a pm customer.

Second post a screenshot of your payment history for your last renewal and we can help you understand what you are paying. 

You are probably saving 12$ every 3 months 2x3 for autopay and 2x3 for loyalty. 

@Llfa 

The $90 should have been total of credits for the whole 2 years.  Every 90 days, you should have gotten minimum $6 credit (for autopay).  Loyalty and friend referral credits are extra.

A screenshot of your payment history page would offer some more details.  

Don't forget that you also have to pay $120 + taxes every 90 days.  Maybe the autopay credit pays for the taxes?  How much does your credit card show each 90 days?

Llfa

Thanks

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire
@Lifa it should be automatic.. that's why I said you need to contact the Moderators who have access to your account to get you fixed up.

Llfa

I understand, but how do I apply the $90 I have to my next bill? I have been paying auto-paying $120 every 3 months without a discount.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

Your rewards should be counted against your balance every month.. Since everyone here are just regular PM users.. the only people who can get you all squared up are the Moderators.. contact them via this link https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Might take them up to 48 hours to get back to you.

Need Help? Let's chat.