cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer rewards?

lowridin_guy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Long story short, my wife and I signed up with PM during the 12GB/90 day $40 promo.  I then referred family members to PM and provided my number as the referrer.  

I am now going to port out to the 10GB/month plan that the other carriers were offering in December but would like my wife to take on my rewards since they are all family members of ours anyway.

Is it possible to transfer my rewards from my account to my wife's PM account? 

8 REPLIES 8

lowridin_guy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I technically have until Thursday night to do the port as Friday is when my next 90 day term starts.  

I've been getting by with 12GB/90 days but I am more careful with my data as I came from a 6GB plan.  I also have 2 young kids that are going to want to tether to my phone to watch their online vids so I am essentially planning for the future.  

Paying essentially double per month for data I may or may not use right now is a hard pill to swallow.

warpdrive
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The temptation was to great for me I guess. Lol. I don’t regret the move. Watch support, VoLTE, wifi calling and visual voicemail are all pretty nice. Had to add the visual voice mail as it’s not included with the 10gb plan, but loyalty took pity on me and gave it too me for $2/month.  I was also able to ditch my tablet plan with Telus. The only reason I was keeping it going was to get the bundle discount with my home dsl, now having my phone back with Telus it saves me about $6/month and I still get the bundle discount.   With 10gb I can just hotspot the iPad to my phone. I kept my wife and daughter with Public Mobile..... if PM could’ve told me they were going to support the watch down the road.... I would have stayed as well. 

Vickel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

same boat but decided to stay with Public Mobile.

warpdrive
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I know how you feel.... i lost $15 a month in rewards when I ported to TELUS for the 10gb deal. I could have moved my wife to my plan but it would of meant getting my wife a new number and not being able to port my number to TELUS. The extra GBs are sure nice and I find myself not having to be as carefull with data, but the real reason I jumpped ship was to get Apple Watch cellular support which has been awesome. I hear that BELL is going to let people fire up the watch on the 10GB plan soon as well. Long story short.... when i signed up all those people to PM.... why in gods name didnt I use my wifes number for all the referalls, if I had...  I would only be paying $22 a month for her line now and $18 a month in 4 years time.... I are dumb! LOL. Oh well.....

@mimmo wrote:

there used to be a way but that was closed. you cant even to PM to PM ports any more.  

why not give the 10gb to your wife 🙂  lol  

+1.  The cost of moving to the 10 gig plan should have taken into account the adjusted cost of the old promo.  Personally, I don't understand how people can invent need for 6 extra gigs of data usage a month.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

there used to be a way but that was closed. you cant even to PM to PM ports any more.  

why not give the 10gb to your wife 🙂  lol  

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@lowridin_guy, unfortunately you can't transfer rewards.  They are associated with the account and  number that is provided at the time of registration and by porting out you are closing that account.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

If you port out, your account is closed.  So is your reward on that specifiic account is over.  

Need Help? Let's chat.