cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To those that have the designation of “PM in a green box”.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

For all others, if you have similar concerns, please feel free to share. 

I oversee a number of PM accounts and the email address linked to this Community Account is NOT the one I have issues with. We only have an issue with one faulty account.

The PM Self Serve web site does not perform well. I am not going to suggest what could be added to it, but rather point out, what is now  in place and does not work well.

The issue is the account in question has 13 referral phone numbers listed. And has had for months but once again the account holder was  only given $11 in referral credits. This has happened numerous times over the past months.

The consensus here in the Community is to NOT report this as it has been reported that instead of a fix, all referral rewards are wiped away.

We work hard to get PM more customers and, of course, we also benefit from the rewards. Our list of potential converts is running low! So is frustrating to be short changed.

So why....why is it that 13 numbers equals $11? It would only be prudent to “show” on the customers account what numbers did not receive the credit with some type of code(s) that explain why. I have no issues with the Self Serve concept but what’s in place now has faults that need fixing for everyone!

Statistically I find it hard to accept, out of the number accounts I manage that I have one that is so out of sync for a number of months for numbers listed vs referral $’s credited. I also find it hard to accept that the system itself does not report discrepancies that need intervention. 

We all need to be happy customers with a good working relationship with PM and not be aggravated by a poorly managed web site. Many of the logical fixes would also reduce MOD payroll expenses!

36 REPLIES 36

@AE_Collector 

Is fixed...only active numbers show.  

Yes agreed, both my accounts now list just my active referrals. Since the change to the new rewards both of my accounts have shown one too many numbers. One was a referral lost 6 months or more ago and the other I believe was a number change by a referral which left both the old and new numbers displayed.

AE_Collector

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Just checking one of my 3 accounts. 

I lost a referral April 1. 

My Account, finally, only shows xxx-xxx-1234 for referrals that are active only. 

All other referrals since day one that are inactive.....no longer show. 

Thanks @J_PM (<== Change of name....now married😀)

@will13am wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 @will13am 

Sure that fixes pm's problem but that does not fix @LurganIeUk problem or mine or @gpixel 's problem. These are not "ghost referrals" these are legitimate active referrals. How about public mobile randomly knocks $5 off your oracle reward? No biggie its a first world problem its not like you worked really hard to earn it or anything? Right?

I am happy to see that you too are proud of my accomplishments, 200000+ online minutes, 400000+ post read, 13000+ posts, 26000+ bravos and still going...  Let's just say that I work equally hard on the referrals.

@CFPartDeux 

This the problem when a member brings up personal statistics and its rather slow on the forum. It piques my curiosity and I start digging around and comparing stats to see just how hard members "work" around here? Now I can't compare referral stats so I delved into mine and the honourable member/oracle's stats for the past 6 months (11/20 thru 04/21) in the usual posts/bravos/solutions format.

will13am        709/1916/58   avg/mnth    118/319/9.66  reward $120  $0.1692/$0.0626/$2.06

darlicious   3842/5133/123  avg/mnth    640/855/20.5   reward  $70   $0.0182/$0.0136/$0.5691

Now we can see how hard we have both "worked" at contributing to the community and the value pm gets from our contributions. It would certainly be interesting to see if that is equal to how hard we work for referrals? Admittedly I have only referred 2 more friends in the last 6 months for a total of 14 in the past 20 months since I first switched to public mobile down considerably from my first year average of one per month ( I lost 2 referrals about a year ago  total referred 16-2=14 current)

Anil Arora Chief Statistician of Canada is expecting you to complete and submit your 2021 census by tomorrow May 11th 2021. Make sure you do your part...it's the law!

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@darlicious wrote:

@will13am

[snip]

I am happy to see that you too are proud of my accomplishments, 200000+ online minutes, 400000+ post read, 13000+ posts, 26000+ bravos and still going...  Let's just say that I work equally hard on the referrals.

@will13am 

I dedicated my 10,000th post to you did I not?  And you do take every opportunity to toot your own horn and lead by example don't you?

You mean like this, Shameless-self-promotion  this,  I-hit-the-1000-bravo-mark-in-a-30-day-period  or this, Just-hit-the-3000-bravo-milestone ? 🙄

@will13am 

Lets not take anything out of context here.......

darlicious_0-1620592219971.png

Oracle
Re: To those that have the designation of “PM in a green box”.

The phantom referral thing has been fixed somewhat.  I do see the reward count go up and down but on renewal day the reward does match to the list of referred numbers.  I have no way verify that list is whole. It's only a buck here and there.  Small first world problem.

@will13am wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

Sure that fixes pm's problem but that does not fix @LurganIeUk problem or mine or @gpixel 's problem. These are not "ghost referrals" these are legitimate active referrals. How about public mobile randomly knocks $5 off your oracle reward? No biggie its a first world problem its not like you worked really hard to earn it or anything? Right?

@will13am 

I dedicated my 10,000th post to you did I not?  And you do take every opportunity to toot your own horn and lead by example don't you? Those are impressive numbers to have built up since November of 2016. You were an keen contributor up until the last year. Of course I haven't had nearly as long to build up those kind of numbers since joining in August of 2019 nearly three years after you and long after you became an oracle.....so how could my own stats even compare?

200,000+ online minutes, 460,000+ posts read, 10,000+ posts, 12,000+ bravos and still going...and gee those don't even include my alter ego @maximum_gato 's stats that I was forced to use last summer when I was the victim of harassment and endured many bans under both usernames until an investigation subsequently cleared my name and identified the perpetrator. But you wouldn't know anything about that......keep up the good work!

Public mobile made an excellent choice when they invited you to be an oracle!😃 Oh and yes I do just fine with my own referrals and I deserve to be rewarded for each and every one of them!

@darlicious wrote:

Hmmmmm. So since Dec 7 2020 the account in question had 13 referrals. Disregard the Dec 9 2020 and March 16 2020 dates. And of only I was given a reason by xxx-xxx-1234.  And then ask yourself....if PM would flag to me what number and why I did not receive a credit would it be the same number(s)? And if they are a suspend what will I see in a month or two?

Screen Shot 2021-05-09 at 8.19.46 AM.png

The Oct 10 date was an accumulation as I did not track from start. 

@AE_Collector 

Actually I think this fix may be one of the easier ones on the list. At least in regards to the display of numbers and the referrer being able to identify who is who?

Pm has a "master list" for each account they just xxx out the full number for privacy concerns and then turn around and put the onus on the referrer to prove the account is active at the time of renewal. After they put in their hair brained "fix". Before they "fixed" the ghost referrals being unjustly rewarded the referrer knew the referrals without a phone number were not "real". But now referrals going thru renewal on the same date as the referrer get denied to the referrer. A "win-win" for pm!

If pm can't fix the ghost referral issue properly and they don't want moderators to compare phone numbers with active accounts for the sake of $1 of $2 they should just grant the rewards when contacted by the referrer. The only onus they could put on the customer is to contact the moderators within a certain time limit ( 90 days?) to apply the missing referral reward(s). That's a fair compromise.

So many things they COULD DO to improve this but as we know, bells and whistles aren’t part of the third tier experience. But they should consider looking at this a bit more seriously as referrals rewards and rewards in general are a big part of their marketing plan and cost conscious customers are the perfect customers to appreciate a rewards based system. It cant be difficult to implement some improvements here. And while at it how about having more than 6 numbers appear when clicking the drop down arrow to see each referral. Maybe ALL numbers should populate and display in the list. How many other than @darlicious have contacted a moderator to say their 7th referral is missing from the list not realizing the list can be dragged up and down to see more. But in the end where does this desire for improvement fit in the list of eliminating Autopay failures, getting rid of Phantom referral $’s from the reward list, improvements to the roaming options, more changes to how you purchase international calling.....

We got our badges this morning.. there is the ONE THING that works like clock work here, consistently two out of three months we get a raft of badges that aren’t ours and then the third month in rotation we get the one proper badge. What’s up with that? It has been like that as long as I have been here. Yes who cares but if one month out of three works proper how hard can it be to fix the other two?

AE_Collector

@gpixel wrote:

it would be nice to have another column by the number to show its status. active suspended etc.

maybe add a green check mark or a red 'X' like the referral code box on the old activation page. this should be very easy to add to the website. 

then we would be able to monitor the culprit referrals. 

That's what I am saying!!!  But there needs to be detailed reasons. 

@computergeek541 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

Sure that fixes pm's problem but that does not fix @LurganIeUk problem or mine or @gpixel 's problem. These are not "ghost referrals" these are legitimate active referrals.

Firstly, I'm not saying that I agree with Public Mobile not fixing this issue. Remember that I am one of the members that I am one of the members who complained about Public Mobile sending eroroneous text messages to customers for phantom referrals on almost a daily basis. 

Unfortunately, it's up to each customer to prove that the referral credit amount is incorrect. Without being able to show to a moderator that each active referral wasn't credited (by having them double check each and every phone number), I beilieve that it unlikely an adjustment would be issued.

That's  bunch of bunk!!! Let's say you have a bank account with $10,000 in it and the balance fluctuates by thousands a day. I need my $10,000 and go to withdraw it and the bank only gives me $8,000. And the account has no documented deposits or withdrawals. And I have to prove that I put it there to start with??? There has to be some trust here!!! And a credible system to manage it all. And for some reason there is more to it that what we see, I am sure. So why does PM keep their head in the sand on this issue???

Edit: Getting down to the brass tacks of it all......they offer the rewards, then it is up to PM to report them properly. 

it would be nice to have another column by the number to show its status. active suspended etc.

maybe add a green check mark or a red 'X' like the referral code box on the old activation page. this should be very easy to add to the website. 

then we would be able to monitor the culprit referrals. 

Well the glitchy fix for the original glitch needs a patch! That ought to do it!

AE_Collector

@computergeek541 

So do you mean ask each of your referrals to contact the moderators and prove to them by telling them to check my account I was active on darlicious' renewal date and see her referral code is in my account? 

Seems to me that pm should give the dedicated members of their "sales force" the benefit of the doubt and award the missng referrals upon request. It's their lame brained fix that's denying a small pool of members legitimate referral rewards from being properly applied while they save big $$$ with a glitchy fix for their original glitch.

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

Unfortunately, it's up to each customer to prove that the referral credit amount is incorrect. Without being able to show to a moderator that each active referral wasn't credited (by having them double check each and every phone number), I beilieve that it unlikely an adjustment would be issued.

...and how would that be possible if PM masks these numbers XXX-XXX-1234? I cannot verify unknown people who have used my referral code!

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541  wrote:

@computergeek541 

Who do you mean by this statement?

any customer who disagrees with the amount credited

@computergeek541  wrote:

@computergeek541 

Who do you mean by this statement?

@darlicious wrote:

Sure that fixes pm's problem but that does not fix @LurganIeUk problem or mine or @gpixel 's problem. These are not "ghost referrals" these are legitimate active referrals.

Firstly, I'm not saying that I agree with Public Mobile not fixing this issue. Remember that I am one of the members that I am one of the members who complained about Public Mobile sending eroroneous text messages to customers for phantom referrals on almost a daily basis. 

@will13am wrote:

The phantom referral thing has been fixed somewhat.  I do see the reward count go up and down but on renewal day the reward does match to the list of referred numbers.  I have no way verify that list is whole. It's only a buck here and there.  Small first world problem.

You seem to making light of it all. I want my bucks.  I worked hard for them. But I bet any one that gets more than deserved won't be saying anything. 

@will13am wrote:

I also agree that at least from a Public Mobile perspective, this issue has been partially fixed. There isn't any way for customers to gain from the phantom referral any longer and the referral amounts reset daily.  After a while, customers will get a pretty good idea of the what the real number of referrals is compared to what hte number is after the almost daily phantom additions.  While is still possible to have more numbers listed than a customers is being credited for (ie. suspended accounts), customers are no longer going to receive more credits than the list of referred phone numbers would indicate.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@LurganIeUk 

I understand your pain.....or maybe frustration. Just on your side of record keeping of your referrals did you make a note of the dates they activated? So that although some phone numbers have changed (temporary/ported) you can track renewal dates and possible suspension/reactivation dates? Having narrowed it down to a few numbers that are the "culprits" co-orelate with your renewal?

Self-suspended accounts will not show as a referral reward or a number in your account. Non-payment suspensions do show but will be subtracted from your rewards. But as experienced by @gpixel and I an active account going thru renewal in the "suspended" state at the same time as yours that also goes to autopay ( which when working correctly can happen anytime between 2am and 6am eastern.) 💡💡💡 Eureka!!?

Perhaps this is exactly the issue.....you prepay or have enough account balance or rewards to cover your renewal so at 2am your account renews while a couple of your renewals remain in pseudo suspended state awaiting autopay to renew, possibly suffer an unjustified or a justified failure and then actually suspend the service around 6am. So it is the state of these seemingly active accounts at 2am when rewards are applied that determine the fate of your referral rewards being applied.

The way to possibly test this ( I may be able to test if @grumpyneighbour agrees) would possibly be with your wife's account if she renews the same day or you can suspend one account to get your renewals to be concurrent. ( Maybe @AE_Collector  has this opportunity as well.) Then force an autopay charge to occur on their account and watch your account( by refreshing) for referral rewards to apply compared to an autopay payment to be charged on the referred account. If you drop a $1 reward you will know an account that has rewards applied before the referred one pays in full causes that last minute drop of a $1 referral reward.

I wouldn't be surprised that this is caused by the "fix" to the ghost referrals. Any account not containing enough balance/credit/rewards within a certain window of time will cause the reward to drop from your account but appear to be active a couple hours later..... i mean who wants to stare at their account for 3 or 4 hours constantly refreshing to fine tune the timing of this glitch fix?

But you of course! And maybe me.....because it has happened occasionally to me. Narrow this down and then raise the issue with either Melinda_H or Jade_S by laying out your findings and private messaging them insisting that they start an investigation. And follow up with them in a regular basis if at least twice a month. As I said the other day if you want change you have to enact change yourself...... I will try to support your research by testing but my experiment will be YMMV and may cost me a six pack!

Did you think pm will credit that back to me if I'm correct with my theory?🤔

@gpixel wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

I get what you're saying.. if there is a discrepancy on referral rewards there is currently no way of knowing which account has the issue. therefore we can't speak to mods about correcting flaws in the system.

ie. referral account renewing in the same day

I thought I chose my words wisely!!! By no means is the post directed to a MOD. Please look at the title. There is now way of knowing........and can't??????? Have you been a Data Site manager??? Have you worked for a company and given those types of responses to your valued customers???

@LurganIeUk 

lol.

I was agreeing with what you're saying...

but yeah, four 2 oh!

sorry I should've been more specific

"I get what you're saying.. if there is a discrepancy on referral rewards there is currently no way of knowing which account has the issue. therefore we can't speak to mods about correcting the incorrect reward amount.

ie. referral account renewing in the same day"

@softech wrote:

unrelated .. but just find it interesting..

my Rewards 2 more than usual for yesterday.. today it comes back to normal

I am certain I didn't get to anyone lately and hence the 2 phantom numbers really have no reason to appear for a day

my point:  it has been a very tough system for PM to get it correct.. for whatever reason, these numbers just go up and down..

My point being is the referral tracking per account is amuck and needs a fixing including reason for the imbalance of less $'s vs the phone numbers on your list. 

Just to be clear are you saying you had 2 more rewards .... $2 more.... or 2 more phone numbers??

You say t has been a very tough system for PM to get it correct.......

Is that acceptable???? 

@AE_Collector wrote:

To add to that, it was at least 1.5 years, maybe closer to 2 years ago when they changed to the referral codes instead of using the 10 digit phone number for referrals. That is also when they changed to the XXX-XXX-1234 format in the referral numbers list. I know you somewhat @LurganIeUk and have no doubt that list drives you as crazy as it does me. PM has good perks including referral perks and logically they want to encourage this or they would eliminate it.

I and many others try to “look after” their referrals on an ongoing basis as well. So okay, security of people phone numbers. But as we have discussed, a tagging system beside the XXX-XXX-1234 entry would allow us to keep track of our referrals without the need to know the full number for those that we don't already know.

A long time ago (18 months?) I brought this idea up in a topic about this and a PM person above “moderator” replied that it was a good idea and would run it past the programmers. I have to assume others DIDN’T think it a good idea or programming this was impossible because nothing has ever changed and I never had any sort of reply. No one would want this ability for anything other than to be able to better look after their referrals which seems like a no brainer to me.

AE_Collector

I agree and I suggested to either handle that yourself on excel or a scrap of paper or to implement an online nickname system that the customer manages, if they find it helpful. But my point being...what is here now on the system doesn't work and isn't informative so to ask for an addition is redundant.

@AE_Collector wrote:

I am not sure what you mean by “designation of “PM in a green box”. Here somewhere on the community? In self serve... on the cell phone? Sorry, I cant even guess what that is in reference too but promise to feel silly once explained to me.

Only once have I noticed that I had $1 less on my referral reward line than the number of phone numbers in my referral list. It hung around for about a week and then corrected itself when my account went into renewal. Out of curiosity I contacted a moderator before my renewal and the moderator confirmed that one of my referrals had not renewed so was suspended. Whether they renewed just before my account renewal or maybe days before but my Self Serve account didn’t update and then it all fixed itself at renewal... I don't know.

I guess you could have a referral that doesn’t use autopay and doesn’t regularly realize it is time to renew until they realize the phone has quit working. Or doesn’t renew until they know they will need the phone again. Barring that I can’t say what specifically would be causing your problem. 

As for phantom referrals I’m convinced that nothing has ever been done to fix the problem other than some sort of check being implemented right as the account goes into renewal. It was over a year ago when people with phantom referrals month after month finally had them removed. At almost any time I can check our two accounts and find one with 1, 2 or 3 phantom referral $$’s showing but t hasn’t translated into a cash bonus in over a year.

AE_Collector

Guess?? That is my point!!! I know the phantom thing was fixed...but there was a take away from that .... no more texts for a new referral....that was not a fix.  And numbers that are high then low and who knows what the heck you will get on your payment date for credits!!! I get them too. And going back to what I am saying PM needs to be responsible to us and at any time we check our account and we see a discrepancy there needs to be an explanation on our account telling us why. Not only are we customers, we are partners in the process. 

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@AE_Collector 

Screen Shot 2021-05-08 at 6.49.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-08 at 6.52.19 PM.png

Oh okay, I get it. Not sure if it is because I regularly use an iPad or... (?) bit no green for me where you just posted the above reply. So I looked at the list of who is online and moderators have the green box but posts by those you mention above are in black and white to me.

AE_Collector

Need Help? Let's chat.