cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips and tricks?

Layla2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Looking for tips and trick to lower my monthly plan?!!

51 REPLIES 51

@darlicious wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

I do believe all moderators live/work in a variety of countries around the world. 

Moderators are currently all out of the same locaiton. 

@LurganIeUk wrote:

I believe 'become a MODerator' are full time (or contractors) PM employees?

Thanks. But I also read here that they get $20 a month. Would like to confirm as perhaps that was some sarcasm. 

I would assume a PM designation is a paid position in Canada. 

I would also assume a MODerator might be a paid contractor located in other countries?

Will have to see if any one knows.  

@Yummy @LurganIeUk @softech 

All Public Mobile moderators are Telus emlpoyees. The position is not contracted out. 

Layla2

I think I did. 

@LurganIeUk 

I do believe all moderators live/work in a variety of countries around the world. I can confirm there is at least one moderator who lives/works in one of eastern europe's slavic nations. ( I just can't remember which one off the top of my head.....the czech republic ?)

@Yummy wrote:

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Cool table.

Thanks. But I also read here that they get $20 a month. Would like to confirm as perhaps that was some sarcasm. 

I would assume a PM designation is a paid position in Canada. 

I would also assume a MODerator might be a paid contractor located in other countries?

Will have to see if any one knows.  

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Cool table.

@Layla2 

Did you add the promocode 2GBBONUS for the 2gb of bonus monthly plan data?

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Layla2 wrote:

$35/ month plan!

Cool, thanks! Can you hop down to the $25 plan or is that too little data?

Layla2

$35/ month plan!

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Use a cash back credit card for auto pay. 

All incoming calls are free on the $15 plan. So say "feel free call me". 

800 calls are free too. So call CRA and wait with no fear of loosing minutes on your $15 plan. 

Also watch in the Community Announcements for Freebies. So easy!!

If @Luddite will tell me how he posted https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Bugs-quirks/m-p/545887

I could do same for "How to Save". I assume it may be excel. 

@Layla2  Copy and paste from spreadsheet. Once posted can be edited, and also rows added by tabbing past the last row.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Savings, Tips, Tricks andThings toKnow

$15 PlanAny PlanSavings/30 Days/RecurringSavings/One TimeOther Savings Tips
    Things to Know
    Comments

Auto-PayAuto-Pay$2  
Start Up Using Referal CodeStart Up Using Referal Code $10 
LoyaltyLoyalty$1 per year - Max $5  
ReferralsReferrals$1  
CommunityCommunity $1-$20 
Freebie Add-OnsFreebie Add-Ons$5 to ?? Watch Community "Announcements"
Become an Oracle $20  
Become a MODerator ??  

Underlineditemsare links!  

Things to Know
    Comments

Discount Vouchers @ CCSDiscount Vouchers @ CCS 10-20% OFFGet them quick they go fast!!
Use Auto- Pay HybridUse Auto- Pay Hybrid$2 Prevents Auto Pay Failure
Use a Cash Back Credit CardUse a Cash Back Credit Card  Adds to CC cash back

Things to Know
    Comments

Call 800 #'s when option is given vs local #   Does not deplete minutes
Max Calling TimeMax Calling Time  150 Minutes

Another test. See next

@darlicious wrote:

@Layla2 

You can feel free to call the CRA but be prepared to be summarily cut off by pm at exactly 150 minutes. So if you have been on hold for a while give the CRA rep your phone number to call you back just in case you get disconnected.

Would that only be with PM??  I know my voip.ms is like that too...but I think you can set the time limit.....I need to check it!! But what about other land lines or mobile plans??

My TEST attempt. Also note the first 2 columns that have underlined entries/links will take you to the PM website page for full explanation. 

@darlicious @Layla2 

Your comments please....and any one else too. 

Tips, Tricks, Savings 

Auto-PayAuto-Pay$2  
LoyaltyLoyalty$1 per year - Max $5  
ReferralsReferrals$1  
CommunityCommunity $1-$20 

Start Up Using ReferalStart Up Using Referal $10 

@Layla2 

You can feel free to call the CRA but be prepared to be summarily cut off by pm at exactly 150 minutes. So if you have been on hold for a while give the CRA rep your phone number to call you back just in case you get disconnected.

Use a cash back credit card for auto pay. 

All incoming calls are free on the $15 plan. So say "feel free call me". 

800 calls are free too. So call CRA and wait with no fear of loosing minutes on your $15 plan. 

Also watch in the Community Announcements for Freebies. So easy!!

If @Luddite will tell me how he posted https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Bugs-quirks/m-p/545887

I could do same for "How to Save". I assume it may be excel. 

mh1983

@Dtack wrote:

@Layla2  - well I would look at the plan you are on firstly and see if it is the most cost effective for you....do  you really need and use that much data?

2.  Auto pay automatically saves you the $2.00 off a month

3.  Refer a Friend - $1.00 per a friend (this one can really help save $ and lower your bill)

4.  Participate in the Community ... unless you spend a lot of time expect $1 to $2 savings

5.  Stay with PM - loyalty reward of $1 after 1 year and up to $5 for 5 years

These tips were extensively covered in earlier replies above.

Dtack
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Layla2  - well I would look at the plan you are on firstly and see if it is the most cost effective for you....do  you really need and use that much data?

2.  Auto pay automatically saves you the $2.00 off a month

3.  Refer a Friend - $1.00 per a friend (this one can really help save $ and lower your bill)

4.  Participate in the Community ... unless you spend a lot of time expect $1 to $2 savings

5.  Stay with PM - loyalty reward of $1 after 1 year and up to $5 for 5 years

mh1983

Tips listed above are already great, but what plan are you on?

Some prepaid credit cards work with AutoPay, some don't. A Mogo Prepaid Visa Card worked for me in the past, but the rules might have been different when I signed up long ago.

AutoPay will always use available funds before charging anything to a card, so you can enable it (to collect $2 Reward and bonus data) while actually depositing payment vouchers to pay for the plan instead of having your card charged. "Broken AutoPay" is a recurring problem for some subscribers - something to do with PM's payment pre-auth setup - which can be entirely sidestepped with this method.

Community Rewards can save you a few bucks, but the raw payout is not really worth the time you have to commit online, plus the awards vary month-to-month so you can't really bank on them (unless you're an Oracle).

Loyalty Rewards just take time. Easy. But can't be rushed.

Referral Rewards all add up. I always keep a spare PM SIM card or two ready to score more referrals. If you can configure someone's phone to work with PM on the spot - and if you can show them your own ever-decreasing phone bill - and if you can cash in on a decent promo - then it's not too hard to hook referrals. And once they start getting Rewards (or Referrals) of their own they're likely to stick around. It helps if you know how to configure Android and iOS phones, select the operator, setup the APN, use the online Activation and Number Port forms, etc - or if you at least know how to find the instructions for these things in the Community forums.

I avoid all the hassles of looking up phone specs, trying to determine if the phone is (un)locked, figuring out whether it's radio-compatible, etc ... I just plug my own PM SIM card into the (potential) referral's phone and it works or it doesn't work. Only takes a couple minutes to confirm compatibility.

@softech wrote:

1. Setup Autopay, that is an easy $2 saving

@Layla2 Even a prepaid card with $1 balance will work to enable AutoPay. In this case, you will need to manually add sufficient balance using another credit card or using voucher prior to renewals. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Layla2 

1. Setup Autopay, that is an easy $2 saving

2.  Come and participate in the Community.  Try to help out others, you can easily have $1 or $2 saving.   If you participate more, you can get $5 or $10 or $15, but you will have to put in a lot more time  🙂

3. you have a Friend Referral code in you My Account page.  Give it to your friend.  When they activate, they will get $10 off one time while you will get $1 per month,

4. Stay on PM.. next year this time, you will start having $1/month  Loyalty reward.  At the end of the 2nd year, it becomes $2 and so on, max to $5/month

Need Help? Let's chat.