cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips and tricks?

Layla2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Looking for tips and trick to lower my monthly plan?!!

51 REPLIES 51

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

May be this has already been mentioned ... but keep an eye on  the plans for change ...for example the $15 dollar plan was upgraded  to free incoming calls  ... for some that might mean the difference of  dropping from the $25 to the $15 or of someone  on the $15 not needing an addon and it's apparently just a matter of  changing the paperwork . 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lljfors : The referral code and promo code are properly entered during activation. But it's possible to have them applied after by the CSA's. The use of the promo code still has to follow the terms.

Lljfors
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This code has to be used at sign up?

Cat1998
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It’s important to look at what you actually need, too. If you don’t use a lot of data and don’t call a lot of people, you can use the cheapest plan. I’ve found that if I do need more minutes, it’s cheap to buy a $5 add on for 500 minutes, which rolls over every month and I know I won’t run out 

Smnewt

I simply phone or text a friend and have them call me back if they have unlimited talking across Canada. I’ve had no issues for the last 3 years. 

Savebig2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Ahhahaha 

good one!

love the loyalty discount …. I am down grading to the $15 a month plan. I have 6 referrals and $2 autopsy and $1 loyalty … wish me luck on my new data usage?????!!!!! Tips???? Help?!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

The Loyalty Reward after 12 months will getting

Or 52 weeks... 26 fortnights...  4 quarters.... the Yoda speak inspired this post.

@Layla2 wrote:

Does public mobile sometimes offer promos to reduce your monthly bill?

@Layla2 ,

If you did not activate with Public Mobile on a promo that is connected to your current plan, and you are not already on the lowest plan of $15, than you could downgrade your plan by scheduling a Plan Change on Next Renewal.

Of course this would only work if you could try using a plan with less Data or minutes (if you are moving to the $15 one). 

It is very easy to change plans from month to month, so it could vary and change depending on your needs and budget.

Promos are usually targeted to new customers.  For existing customers, you can refer friends and family and get a $1/ referral.  Also sign up for autopay and a a $2 award every 30 days.  There is also a loyal award $1 for every year you are a customer.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/reward-rules

Anonymous
Not applicable
@barrascuk wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Layla2 

for existing customer no promo
just bring a friend to get a $1 for each friend to getting a refer a friend
and community rewards and autopay $2

Nice repeat!! You missed loyalty!!

@barrascuk @Layla2 

The Loyalty Reward after 12 months will getting

visit Here for more information

barrascuk

@Anonymous wrote:

@Layla2 

Nice repeat!! You missed loyalty!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Layla2 

barrascuk

Existing customers can:

Get freebies

Gain easy rewards...auto pay.....loyalty

Gain less easy rewards.....referrals.....community

Layla2

Oh yes! I’ve been doing the community thing by asking questions… 

im running out of questions. And I’m always looking for was to reduce my bill and same money. 

a penny saved is a penny earned!!

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Layla2 wrote:

Current customers can reduce bill by participating in the community, referring friends and loyalty.

New customers sometimes have promos.

Layla2

@LurganIeUk 

I don't get why this was moved here.....

@Layla2 

Ask your question again in the rewards section. At the top you will see "Ask a question". Click on that. Put a subject line in and below ask your question. Then post. We will reply....Once you get a bunch of replies or a fix to your problem then pick the best solution or what explained the answer the best.

@Layla2 

1. Your my account will tell you the next date. 

2. You will get a text not that date around 9am advising that it was taken. 

@computergeek541 

Where are you moving this before I try to post again?

Layla2

When do you know your bill has been deducted, considering the amount of time and energy you put into the “community”… asking/answering questions??

how many questions do you have to ask/  answer to get monthly deductions off your bill 

i am always looking so safe a dollar here and there!

@computergeek541 wrote:

"Moderators are currently all out of the same locaiton." 

The community is only as good as the information we provide...........🤔

@Nezgar  @darlicious 

If moderators wish to say where they are, that's their choice.  I'll leave that up to them.

@Nezgar 

The moderator also mentioned they live/work in different time zones in different offices and have never met or talked to some of their fellow employees. Which may explain why I never got an answer to my question.....

@darlicious well, a direct answer is definitely worth more than my assumption. Interesting. I may have to inquire next time I have a ticket. 🙂

@Nezgar 

Well I asked one moderator where they live and work and they answered Romania so that's why I asked the question if @computergeek541 's statement is true.....?

@darlicious I'm pretty sure the bulk of the moderators are based in the Philippines...

@computergeek541 

So the moderators are all working out of Romania?

Savebig2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thank you 

.. interesting.. so, even Jade or Catherine are from that? 

and only PM using contractors from there?  How about Koodo or Telus support?

Need Help? Let's chat.