cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The cheapest plan ever!

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

As my kids would say to us when they have a great day....the best day ever!

I am changing my plan from the $40 plan to the $15 plan. With my monthly rewards of $9, I am paying the cheapest monthly plan ever, at $6 bucks. (okay, granted, the best plan would be zero, as in having no phone, but...)

Gas at the moment is 89.9, and my plan is $6...my question is, I guess if I really want my plan to go to zero, I should refer a friend is my better chance of accomplishing this, even though, they are stuck with staying with the big three?

Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 10.32.50 PM.png

73 REPLIES 73

PM is a third tier provider and not one of the big 3 do I don't think they would be included.  Telus, Rogers, and Bell are the top tier providers.

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mpcdesignit seems that it may get cheaper, the CTRC has given the Big 3 2 years for a mandated 25% price cut across the board. 

https://www.kelownanow.com/news/news/National_News/Canadian_cell_providers_ordered_to_cut_prices_by_...

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

Wow thats awesome! Im still happy to be saving vs koodos "loyalty" plan for $10 more than what they want here for the same things before i switched... with autopay im actually saving $12 per month

(random side note, Ive discovered that when I read autopay as "autopsy" its time for bed 🤪 if I ever type autopsy by accident its most likely what I like to call a "swypo")

@Pawprints1986  Or its been auto corrected! Also a nickname for an autopay fail... cause your phone plan is now dead in the water til you pay manually and reactivate.

Pawprints1986

Wow thats awesome! Im still happy to be saving vs koodos "loyalty" plan for $10 more than what they want here for the same things before i switched... with autopay im actually saving $12 per month

(random side note, Ive discovered that when I read autopay as "autopsy" its time for bed 🤪 if I ever type autopsy by accident its most likely what I like to call a "swypo")

@mpcdesign I'm on that $15 plan and I've still got the 1 gig holiday bonus data addon. Never gone over the 250mb autopay bonus.  As long as the kids don't get their hands on the phone, you should be okay. Stay safe.

@mpcdesign  We are likely in this situation until summer but even if your stuck with the add on you are stuck with it forever....til someday when you need it and it's there. I don't need the add ons either but they are there for eventually.....

@darlicious yes and no to the 90-day plan. It was all about convenience too. But, yeah, I think you might be right. I may just bite the bullet and just buy one for now. And come a week from now, buy one more for good measure! 

The only issue I had was, if it all goes back to normal, I may need to go back to the $40 plan, then I have these 1 gig data for no reason, unless, the prediction is true, and in 2030, the covid-30 come back again

pkaraa

Would love to have community reward ...working on it. 

@mpcdesign  I would buy one now (better safe than sorry) then at plan renewal another one. The sim card discount expired with one days notice. The same could happen with the data add ons. I dont see it ever going cheaper than it is right now. Seeing as most providers have offered their COVID-19 responses til april 30th i hope public mobile does the same with the data add ons.

I bought 2 for my $10 plan....but I'm considering 1 or 2 more. What else am I going to spend my ever building credit on? I'll be switching my other line to the $15 plan soon too.  I'll be like you but with one line free+building credit and my main line $6.

You must be happy you ditched the 90 day plan now?

@darlicious, yes, I am. I was debating if I should buy one or two. Do I think it would be cheaper down the road will it go any cheaper? 

I was thinking of buying this when it comes time to renew my plan of April 14th. Kinda tight on cash, do I buy a coffee or a gig of data? hmmm

@mpcdesign  Are you going to purchase a back up 1 or 2gb of half price data add ons?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@mpcdesign , yes get friends or family share the savings!!!  That will get you down to zero very soon!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup. In order of ease.

Autopay

Loyalty

Referrals

Community

I don't understand the objection to autopay. One can use registered reloadable cards. One can use anonymous prepaid cards. If you carry a balance then these cards could have zero balance. The 2 bucks is free.

Loyalty just takes time.

Referrals one needs to be a bit of a salesperson. Or crassly, rudely pounce on new sign-ups asking questions before activating.

It's the community that takes the most time to get anything substantial. Then do it all again the next month.

Need Help? Let's chat.