cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspending Account and Rewards/ Credits

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Is there a way to suspend an account when there is a availabe funds in the account?  Can you stop the withdrawal of funds when there is available funds?

An example is the promo that gave a plan credit after paying for the first month, so $60 plan paid and then public mobile gave a $60 account credit.  Using a lower priced plan now and want to suspend. 

Can someone help with this?

7 REPLIES 7

lukevader

@ShawnC13 wrote: What is lieing? 

Good question. I've never heard of lieing before either. LOL.

@lukevader wrote:

Kinda odd seeing advice on lying here? 

Whatever floats your boat I guess. 

What is lieing?  The reporting your phone lost or stolen?  This does not take any money away from PM for the services they have provided to the customer as their plan days still count down while on lost or stolen mode and this has already been prepaid.  What it does do is suspend your service for a time that you maybe out of the country with no requirement for Public Mobile to provide the service to you.  This procedure has been approved and recommended before by Public Mobile on how to suspend your account while you have Available Funds.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

lukevader

Kinda odd seeing advice on lying here? 

Whatever floats your boat I guess. 

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi

If you will not need your phone you can temporarily report it lost, once you want to use it just report it found. Make sure this happens within 90 days or you will lose everything including your balance and the number.

If you scheduled tomoved to another plan at the renewal (if you don't report it lost) the system will take 13 (assuming you have autopay and are moving to 15) from your account and you'll will have $47 ($45) balance. 

The renewal process always withdraws from available balance. Only after the balance is depleted your credit card will be charged.

@sunflowershine wrote:

@YVR You can change to the cheaper plan in the renewal, $15, and the remaining account balance will be deducted. Even though you haven't been charged your autopay, you will still get the $2 autopay reward every month. 

@sunflowershine  how does this suggestion even answer the question of the OP of suspending the account to PREVENT money being taken out of the account on the designated renewal date?  Switching to a lower priced plan will still have that money come out of available funds.  As stated by @will13am  the only way to prevent funds from being withdrawn from Available funds is to report the phone lost or stolen and that is what answers @YVR  question.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@YVR You can change to the cheaper plan in the renewal, $15, and the remaining account balance will be deducted. Even though you haven't been charged your autopay, you will still get the $2 autopay reward every month. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@YVR, lost phone is the only way to suspend the account and prevent renewal.  This does not stop the current cycle from running down. 

Need Help? Let's chat.