cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surprising amount of credit on my account?

TimeLemon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I first signed up for public mobile, I found the whole reward thing nice. However, I've noticed that I have been given $20 of extra credit instead of the usual ten that I get for signing up before 2019 (plus autopay, etc.) At first I didn't really think too much of it, but now I have been given yet another $10 out oy the blue! Is there any logical reason to why this is happening? I'm not complaining, but I just don't want PM to be accidentally losing potential money if this is some kind of bug.

19 REPLIES 19

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Looks identical to the screenshot posted earlier in this thread. Seems like a system glitch but one I won’t complain about. 

And yes the balance was applied to my most recent Feb renewals so I only got charged the difference to my credit cards on those accounts. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mtfolks wrote:

I switched 4 accounts over to the 4.5gb+500mb plan in January and 3 of the 4 got this bonus/mystery $20 free credit that shows as a $40 account balance transfer less 2x $10 charges. Not complaining just hoping PM doesn’t reverse the credit at a later date. 

I'd be interested in seeing your payment history through that time.

Those credits should be in Available Funds and should get drained at the next renewal after you got them if less than the plan cost.

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I switched 4 accounts over to the 4.5gb+500mb plan in January and 3 of the 4 got this bonus/mystery $20 free credit that shows as a $40 account balance transfer less 2x $10 charges. Not complaining just hoping PM doesn’t reverse the credit at a later date. 

Carrieellen87

I noticed where you posted that you had 2 family referrals thst gives you a $20 credit ($10 ea) 

krzcnck
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

lol i can take the extra credit off your hands!! 

@TimeLemon wrote:

When I first signed up for public mobile, I found the whole reward thing nice. However, I've noticed that I have been given $20 of extra credit instead of the usual ten that I get for signing up before 2019 (plus autopay, etc.) At first I didn't really think too much of it, but now I have been given yet another $10 out oy the blue! Is there any logical reason to why this is happening? I'm not complaining, but I just don't want PM to be accidentally losing potential money if this is some kind of bug.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

For some reason you received a $ 40 credit (account balance transfer). 

Edit: maybe to counteract the two $10 charges. 

Anyways I've seen thinks like this  happen before, i would just look at it as a happy accident.

@TimeLemon wrote:

January had some weird stuff going on. Keep in mind I was upgrading my plan on that renewal date. I'd assume it was a weird one off thing? If not I'll be back later this month!

Screenshot_20190205-080257_Firefox.png

Hi,

It appears you changed plans on the 24th, it charged you twice for the base plan cost of $10 but on plan change you got a credit for the 2 x $10 base plan charges and for the $20 remaining in your account which also remained in your account. Then it charged for the new $10 base plan and $30 for your new plan. After that you received your $10 promo.

So in short you do have an extra $20 and you have 2 choices.

1) To Contact the Moderators click this link and describe in detail your situation.

or

2) Enjoy the $20....(Telus can afford it)

This was more than likely caused by a glitch in the plan renewal process and I am confident it will not happen again on plan renewal.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

@TimeLemon

The payment history is confusing sometimes and yours is more confusing.  By switching plans, that also adds to the mystery of your payment history.  See what happens next month.  

You either qualified for the $10 x 6 months promotion or possibly the 2nd month free promotion.  By switching  plans, might have affected the promotions.

You paid $26 + taxes and got $10 + $4 in credits to make up to your $40 plan.  You still have a postive balance of $30 which does not make sense to me....  

TimeLemon

January had some weird stuff going on. Keep in mind I was upgrading my plan on that renewal date. I'd assume it was a weird one off thing? If not I'll be back later this month!

Screenshot_20190205-080257_Firefox.png

TimeLemon

oh, I also had two referrals from family making it 10+2-2 not 12+2.

@TimeLemon wrote:

I signed up online sometime in December. My last payment on my card to PM was $29.12 for my $40 plan, so it did use the credit on my account.

What @Dunkman mentioned above solves the mystery. 

Let me tell you how:

When you signed up, you got $2 AutoPay credit. Then near the end of your renewal, you got $10 as part of the $10 for 6 month promo. That left you with $12 balance.

Now your plan cost is $40 - $12 - $2 (AutoPay) = $26+12%tax = $29.12 exactly. 

Expect to receive $10 credit 5 more times 🙂

EDIT: Unsure about the extra $30 credit still sitting in your account. Payment history might show more details.

TimeLemon

Will do once the account site is back up. It is undergoing maintenance right now... We just gotta be patient for now I guess!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

best thing is to post a screenshot of your payment history.  that will give a good idea where the credits come from.

TimeLemon

I signed up online sometime in December. My last payment on my card to PM was $29.12 for my $40 plan, so it did use the credit on my account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TimeLemon wrote:

I mean, I currently have $30 in credit this month that I did not add, as I checked my credit card transactions... I mean I am definitely not complaining! This just seems unusual!

Well then that sounds like an actual problem. Those credits should be taken for your renewal each month. Maybe you've had one renewal so far. (You haven't answered when and where you signed up). How much have those credit card transactions been?

TimeLemon

I mean, I currently have $30 in credit this month that I did not add, as I checked my credit card transactions... I mean I am definitely not complaining! This just seems unusual!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TimeLemon wrote:

This is hilarious. Usually people come here screaming that they didn't get their money and that this is all a fraud and rip off.

You...are noticing that you think you might have too much money in your account.

My guess is that you signed up for the $10 per month credit promo. You'll get that $10 for 6 months.

@TimeLemon

There was a promo just before 2019 where if you sign up for $30+ plan, you will get $10 per month for six months.  Enjoy the extra credit for next few months.  

TimeLemon

Could upgrading to the $40/month plan have  affected this?

Need Help? Let's chat.