cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Surprising amount of credit on my account?

When I first signed up for public mobile, I found the whole reward thing nice. However, I've noticed that I have been given $20 of extra credit instead of the usual ten that I get for signing up before 2019 (plus autopay, etc.) At first I didn't really think too much of it, but now I have been given yet another $10 out oy the blue! Is there any logical reason to why this is happening? I'm not complaining, but I just don't want PM to be accidentally losing potential money if this is some kind of bug.

Tags (1)

Re: Surprising amount of credit on my account?

Could upgrading to the $40/month plan have  affected this?

Mayor / Maire

@TimeLemon

There was a promo just before 2019 where if you sign up for $30+ plan, you will get $10 per month for six months.  Enjoy the extra credit for next few months.  

Mayor / Maire

@TimeLemon wrote:

When I first signed up for public mobile, I found the whole reward thing nice. However, I've noticed that I have been given $20 of extra credit instead of the usual ten that I get for signing up before 2019 (plus autopay, etc.) At first I didn't really think too much of it, but now I have been given yet another $10 out oy the blue! Is there any logical reason to why this is happening? I'm not complaining, but I just don't want PM to be accidentally losing potential money if this is some kind of bug.

This is hilarious. Usually people come here screaming that they didn't get their money and that this is all a fraud and rip off.

You...are noticing that you think you might have too much money in your account.

My guess is that you signed up for the $10 per month credit promo. You'll get that $10 for 6 months.

I mean, I currently have $30 in credit this month that I did not add, as I checked my credit card transactions... I mean I am definitely not complaining! This just seems unusual!

Mayor / Maire

@TimeLemon wrote:

I mean, I currently have $30 in credit this month that I did not add, as I checked my credit card transactions... I mean I am definitely not complaining! This just seems unusual!

Well then that sounds like an actual problem. Those credits should be taken for your renewal each month. Maybe you've had one renewal so far. (You haven't answered when and where you signed up). How much have those credit card transactions been?

I signed up online sometime in December. My last payment on my card to PM was $29.12 for my $40 plan, so it did use the credit on my account.

Oracle

best thing is to post a screenshot of your payment history.  that will give a good idea where the credits come from.

Will do once the account site is back up. It is undergoing maintenance right now... We just gotta be patient for now I guess!

Oracle

@TimeLemon wrote:

I signed up online sometime in December. My last payment on my card to PM was $29.12 for my $40 plan, so it did use the credit on my account.

What @Dunkman mentioned above solves the mystery. 

Let me tell you how:

When you signed up, you got $2 AutoPay credit. Then near the end of your renewal, you got $10 as part of the $10 for 6 month promo. That left you with $12 balance.

Now your plan cost is $40 - $12 - $2 (AutoPay) = $26+12%tax = $29.12 exactly. 

Expect to receive $10 credit 5 more times Smiley Happy

EDIT: Unsure about the extra $30 credit still sitting in your account. Payment history might show more details.

I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.