cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spending Time

marimacas
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I know PM doesn't mention the amount of work to receive higher rewards, but would like to know how much time top contributors spend in the community.

I apologize if there is a problem with the question.

12 REPLIES 12

DL888

I spend 15-20min each day.

@Jomh  Well you started with this post....lots of threads on this in the rewards section or read the community contributors threads in the announcements section.

Jomh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am new to public Mobile too and I was wondering the same thing- thanks for asking what I was thinking 🙂

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@marimacas wrote:

I know PM doesn't mention the amount of work to receive higher rewards, but would like to know how much time top contributors spend in the community.

For the higher rewards, do you really want to know? It's many hours. All answers are guesses.

@marimacas  If you spend an hour or two a day you can easily recieve thev$1 or $2 rewards. Decide what you want to get out of it. Many people just like to help others. If you really believe in public mobile then giving advice to new customers that come on al pissed off and ready to leave pm....a positive community experience can change their minds. The very real sense of community does apply here. For the most part the members care about their fellow members and goes beyond just finding solution to problem. Theres some teasing, gentle ribbing, a few laughs, lively discussions or almost heated arguments about passionate subjects. Theres some boring subjects of pure tech of great interest to the egghead types, frivolous ones that get moved immediately to the lounge, great tips on how to get referrals and a lot of sharing of personal experience.

I find some real but perhaps long distance friendships can be made with people you would probably never have in your normal social circle. For the most part there are no judgements made because you can't tell age, social status, income, fashion sense, race,  looks or even gender. Whether you admit it or not we all make subconscious judgements in life but they are put aside on the community. One thing we all have in common is some passion and loyalty to public mobile and thriftiness! We all want to not overpay for mobile service and save money instead. The goal of a $0 phone bill is a great motivator and the community can help you do that by helping others and in turn helping yourself.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@marimacas 

I took a quick look at your profile. At your current rate of posts, I believe you are on track to earn the 25% badge ($2 community reward) for January.

People on this forum post often and responses are quick. The winners here are definitely customers and Public Mobile.

@marimacas wrote:

Thank you very much everyone!

You're welcome. Please note that your own message post isn't the solution. Solutions are part of earning Community rewards, so I would consider giving it to someone who tried to help you.

marimacas

Thank you very much everyone!

@CannonFodder wrote:

@marimacas  Yeah, like @ChuckYeah  & @dabr  said, while it's cool that some folks get some account credit tossed their way by PM, for being helpful, it's also rewarding to help some folks out with their service issue(s).

I've had several times where I've logged in, and ended up saying very little, while just reading some of the posts..... if something pops up that I figure I can possibly add to the conversation, I do so.

It all depends on whether or not you're inclined to "hang out" in a forum kind of atmosphere, and occasionally add your 2 cents. That, and has been mentioned several times, the amount of time spent, compared to the amount of account credit received, ends up with you earning pennies/hr. 😉 

@CannonFodder  Indeed!  It is often mentioned that returning empties will earn you more money in shorter time than can be earned here on the community:)

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@marimacas  Yeah, like @ChuckYeah  & @dabr  said, while it's cool that some folks get some account credit tossed their way by PM, for being helpful, it's also rewarding to help some folks out with their service issue(s).

I've had several times where I've logged in, and ended up saying very little, while just reading some of the posts..... if something pops up that I figure I can possibly add to the conversation, I do so.

It all depends on whether or not you're inclined to "hang out" in a forum kind of atmosphere, and occasionally add your 2 cents. That, and has been mentioned several times, the amount of time spent, compared to the amount of account credit received, ends up with you earning pennies/hr. 😉 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@marimacas wrote:

@marimacas   An hour or more almost every day would be needed to probably get the higher rewards ($5 or more), but less time for the $1/2. 

Just post whenever you can and if there are suggestions or advice you can offer whenever someone asks questions and you may qualify in any given month.

Read as many posts under the different headings to get a feel for the kind of questions being asked and what the solution may be for the issue.

Good luck:)

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@marimacas I figure about 75 hours a month. I don't focus on it all the time. I just log in whatever I'm doing and I help whereever I can. I get more personal satisfaction from this than money. What ever amount you like to spend is ok. If you help just one person, it will all be worth it.

Need Help? Let's chat.