cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple question!

Cussen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

For the rewards for answering questions, do you only get points for a good answer? I don't quite understand. THANKS!

6 REPLIES 6

jonfirlotte
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As I understand it, your posts (questions or answers), are being counted and compared to other users and at the end of the month they rank you based on what %  of posts you made that month and are paid according to that rank. I could be totally wrong, this is my first month participating and I'm stoked to see if I get anything.

@CussenTo understand bravos / Q&A etc You have to understand what this forum is. This forums serves as a helpdesk where users helping users. Telus chose to use a Customer Relations Management (CRM) software called Lithium / Khoros (current merged name). It is used by tons of places for usually for the free tier (users helping users) support eg Google, Microsoft off the top of my head.

The support system is only as useful as its content, which all of us generate. To encourage that, Li includes analytics to rank people and their content. One assumption is the more bravos (actually "kudos" in correct Khoros parlance) a message has, the more useful it is. The other vector the user's activity and length in service (assuming longer the person has been around, the wiser the person is). The carrot is you get a badge when you achieve certain objectives, eg giving and receiving bravos, posting, length you have been here are some of the criterias.

To an end user like you and I, it doesn't really mean much, but the underlying all this is the admins have the ability to create a predictive model on how the users would interact with one another, what happens with events like sales and also other factors. More importantly it can give trends to the marketing department (eg. $x as referral is enough etc) and perhaps admin purposes to see what needs to be done for PM to generate higher revenue. Now whether Telus has used those modules, no one outside Telus knows, but it is built into the system.

bravo_md
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You give a bravo when you like or agree with the answer / statement given

Cussen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

And what exactly are "bravos"? I I may ask.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@Cussen Nobody knows exactly, it has to do with bravos given, bravos received, solutions, ect.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Cussen wrote:

For the rewards for answering questions, do you only get points for a good answer? I don't quite understand. THANKS!

It's for contributing by posting messages and answering questions.  Formula is secret.

Need Help? Let's chat.