cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards

troyfy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I changed my plan immediately, but my rewards did not apply. Do the rewards only apply with autopay or when the plan automatically renews?

19 REPLIES 19

troyfy

My first experience with a moderator was an awesome one! I am in awe of the expedience of how quickly they addressed and fixed my issue. Thank you to them and all of you helpful community contributors! Experiences like really make you appreciate this unique online customer service. Feels like people really care about each other. 

@troyfy wrote:

I'm a little confused, because some people say you should get the rewards every time you make a payment, but others say they've had a similar issue. I just know that the full plan value was taken from my credit and no rewards were applied. Could that be the issue? Do they not apply rewards it you have a credit on your account? That shouldn't matter, in my opinion. Thanks everyone for trying to clear things up!

You should contact moderators, you should be getting those rewards.

@troyfy wrote:

I'm a little confused, because some people say you should get the rewards every time you make a payment, but others say they've had a similar issue. I just know that the full plan value was taken from my credit and no rewards were applied. Could that be the issue? Do they not apply rewards it you have a credit on your account? That shouldn't matter, in my opinion. Thanks everyone for trying to clear things up!

Whether you have a credit card on file is not a factor except for when it comes to the autopay reward. It's a question of if you get rewards applied to your balance before payment is charged or immediately after on an immediate plan change. 

As I said before, the reason for it making no difference for me if the rewards were applied before or after the new plan was charged for was becauase I already had enough balance in my account to cover the plan fee.

This should put things to rest about the eligibility of rewards on any immediate plan change or requested early plan renewal.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/rewards-faqs

"

• If you’ve changed your plan prior to your current plan renewal date, you will receive your Reward credits after you have paid for the new plan, within approximately 24 hours. Rewards will be applied normally from then on."

What does that mean?  If you have any autopay, referral, or loyalty rewards, you will get those paid out to you even if you were nowhere even close to the original renewal date (because they continue to get listed in your rewards even after renewal).  You will also get you community rewards appied if they've already been allocated to your rewards section of your account. 

troyfy

@computergeek541 wrote:

@kselmak wrote:

Hi @computergeek541 thanks for the response. So do you get it instantly when you do immediate plan change? 

Thanks

When I did an immedaite plan change back in Janary, I received all rewards immedaitely. As I was saying, rewards are based on plans paid for and renewed, and not based on the number of 30 days or 90 day cycles you've been through.  When you think about it, why wouldn't they want you to receive all of the autopay, loyalty, and referral rewards mutltiple times early? This would mean that you're paying for a new plan or otherwise renewing more often and it would generally make Public Mobile more money.

I do know 100% for sure if you renew early or change plans early, you still get full rewards, and I can see that based on my payment history (plan change was done a full day early because I didn't want to risk encountering a future-dated plan change glitch).

What I do not know is the order of receiving the rewards and whether they are received  before or after the new plan takes effect.  Normally, rewards gets added to the account balance before a renewal is going to happen.  This means that you can use those funds to help pay for that 30 days of service.  It's quite possible that the rewards don't get added to the balance after the new plan change is paid for in full as in the example presented by @Lieux, but in that case, you'd just get an even more inexpensive renewal in the future.  In my case, I already had enough balance in my account, so whether the rewards got added before my new plan kicked in or immediately after made no difference to me.

The "too long, don't read"/short version is this:  you don't need to go through complete 30 day or 90 day billing cycles to receive your rewards.  The new plan or early renewal will trigger the payout of rewards.

That is great to know, cause it's not very clear when you read about the rewards they say every 30 days so it seams to me like about 12 discounts per year but in reality is even better.

@troyfy. I was wrong, I guess you better contact.mods to sort it out

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@computergeek541 wrote:

@kselmak wrote:

Hi

The autopay and referral rewards should be applied to your account every 30 days, so if you did immediate change it would be too early for rewards. I actually never changed my plan immediately so i wouldn't know exactly if it will happen on your old renewal day or if it will switch to your new renewal days ( in that case you'll also lose that difference, i think for them it's just easier to keep only one date). That's something i actually wanted to ask the community. Can anybody elaborate?

My personal experiences have been that if you do an immediate plan change, you will still get the rewards applied to your account. It's my understanding that the rewards aren't actually paid out per 30 or 90 days, but rather per successful plan purchase/renewal.

I did a 10 days early, immediate, plan change from $10 plan to $40 plan Sept 2018.  I did not received my autopay and refer-a-friend rewards.  I had to send private message to moderator twice to get both autopay and refer-a-friend rewards.

@kselmak wrote:

Hi @computergeek541 thanks for the response. So do you get it instantly when you do immediate plan change? 

Thanks

When I did an immedaite plan change back in Janary, I received all rewards immedaitely. As I was saying, rewards are based on plans paid for and renewed, and not based on the number of 30 days or 90 day cycles you've been through.  When you think about it, why wouldn't they want you to receive all of the autopay, loyalty, and referral rewards mutltiple times early? This would mean that you're paying for a new plan or otherwise renewing more often and it would generally make Public Mobile more money.

I do know 100% for sure if you renew early or change plans early, you still get full rewards, and I can see that based on my payment history (plan change was done a full day early because I didn't want to risk encountering a future-dated plan change glitch).

What I do not know is the order of receiving the rewards and whether they are received  before or after the new plan takes effect.  Normally, rewards gets added to the account balance before a renewal is going to happen.  This means that you can use those funds to help pay for that 30 days of service.  It's quite possible that the rewards don't get added to the balance after the new plan change is paid for in full as in the example presented by @Lieux, but in that case, you'd just get an even more inexpensive renewal in the future.  In my case, I already had enough balance in my account, so whether the rewards got added before my new plan kicked in or immediately after made no difference to me.

The "too long, don't read"/short version is this:  you don't need to go through complete 30 day or 90 day billing cycles to receive your rewards.  The new plan or early renewal will trigger the payout of rewards.

@troyfy wrote:

So, it sounds like the date they originally have is set in stone and no matter how often you change your plan and renew dates, the rewards will not be credited until that original date. Is that correct?

No, not correct. You get rewards when you renew.  When you change plans, the old date is wiped out.

@troyfy wrote:

So, it sounds like the date they originally have is set in stone and no matter how often you change your plan and renew dates, the rewards will not be credited until that original date. Is that correct?

NO. The rewards will be credited in your account the next NEW renewal date.

My renewal date is 3 MAY and change my plan the 15 MAY. So I need to pay my new plan 15$ ( the one I choose). And my new next renewal date 30 days later the 14 JUNE I will pay 15$-2$(2 referrals)-2$(autopay)=11$ this time.   

troyfy

@kselmak wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@kselmak wrote:

Hi

The autopay and referral rewards should be applied to your account every 30 days, so if you did immediate change it would be too early for rewards. I actually never changed my plan immediately so i wouldn't know exactly if it will happen on your old renewal day or if it will switch to your new renewal days ( in that case you'll also lose that difference, i think for them it's just easier to keep only one date). That's something i actually wanted to ask the community. Can anybody elaborate?

My personal experiences have been that if you do an immediate plan change, you will still get the rewards applied to your account. It's my understanding that the rewards aren't actually paid out per 30 or 90 days, but rather per successful plan purchase/renewal.

Thanks

That was not the experience of one of mine daughter who did an immediate plan change. The rewards: referals and autopay were not aplied for the plan change. She paid the full price. But they were in her account for the next renewal.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@kselmak wrote:

Hi

Thanks

@kselmak wrote:

Hi

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kselmak wrote:

Hi

Agreed - or at least that's what I think I saw on my accounts...

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi

troyfy

I already knew that I lose everything from the unused portion of the month when I change the plan immediately.

troyfy

Sorry, I guess the term i should be using is Rewards. The autopay, community and referral rewards were not applied.

srlawren

@troyfy to clarify:  if you are expecting to get a pro-rated reimbursement for whatever portion of your previous plan went unusued, you should know that doing an immediate plan change is never pro-rated.  When you change plan immediately, you forfeit whatever was left, and start a new 30 (or 90 if you chose) day cycle, without any refund or credit.

If you're talking about some sort of promotional credit, that would be a different story.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@troyfy wrote:

I changed my plan immediately, but my credits did not apply. Do the credits only apply with autopsy or when the plan automatically renews?

@troyfy what credits?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.