cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards

sceneit
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been a continued paying customer since before your rewards started and still after, but yet I have received no reward points in my history.  How come?   Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

gjona
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I think it's worth it.  What kind of plan do you have?

gjona

i hope I receive community points.  I'm not sure how though.

ShaylynnH
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

David, perhaps you should weigh your options. How much are you saving on your current plan? Or, would you be saving (long-term) if you switched over. The choice is entirely yours. When you switch you are not eligible for anything before your new term. However, you can always weigh your options and decide which is right for you! Smiley Very Happy

That's True enough

Daniel
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @DavidRoss,

In order to be eligible to the reward points, you need to subscribe to one of the newer plan. If your are on a old plan, then your are already paying less then the actual plan, and this is why the old plans don't have any reward.

DavidRoss
I've been a client of public mobile for 3-4 years, and, JUST NOW, by accident, found out about these points. Am I qualified to receive my reward points from the beginning of my service, or is this, LIKE SO MANY OTHER SITUATIONS WITH PUBLIC, something I am not going to be eligible for?

David
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Griff wrote:

Koodo does have that promo plan for $45 with unlimited Canada wide talk/text for BYOD

That is exactly my point.  What I'm trying to point out is that we're being told we save money using PM while clearly, we don't.  The tradeoffs we deal with aren't worth their weight in coins.  We deal with it because we're power users, we know how-to. Sadly, it's idiotic to expect everyone (the common user) to share that same passion about mobile technology (that's where those so called rewards would play a tiny role). These people would maybe be willing to put up with some crap to get the savings they wanted, but it ends up being just as expensive. So we find ourselves with posts that contain "I need this phone working NOW!" and angry users. Some of the freakshow threads aren't helping it either. Scarecrow tactic seems to be working...  Anyway!

On the one hand, you have Telus playing the "costs" card, crying out loud to who wants to hear it that providing support (the kind that people expect, at least) and maintaining stores costs them a dear fortune.

On the other hand, when one finally decides to opt for a support-less carrier like PM (fully expecting the savings to be passed down to him/her), to say he/she feels underwhelmed is an understatement.

There needs to be a differentiating factor between the offerings on a DIY carrier and a full blown one. That factor is called price. Right now, there just isn't.

In any case, I'm done ranting over this. Most PM reps are fed up with it anyway and whoever is at the helm of the PM ship clearly has no intention to steer in either direction, iceberg or not. I'll go back to voting with the wallet instead 🙂

With that being said, cheers!

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@David

I know you're comparing theoretical numbers as there is no actual $80.50 4GB option at Koodo but I think that Public is actually best used for those that would like to have the type of plans available through post paid but cannot obtain them as they cannot pass credit check - either due to lack of credit, lack of identification, or not being of age to do so. I think when compared to competitors Koodo's plans would be fairly competitive however. 

I had actually looked into comparing Koodo to PC Mobile as the network coverage is the same;

Public - $80 Unlimited Canada Wide talk/text 4GB
PC Mobile - $80 Unlimited Canada Wide talk/text 3GB

You would lose 1GB but the same monthly price would include device subsidy, give access to physical locations, and access to services such as roaming but again that isn't a prepaid plan. 

The plans where Public can be considered the best value are the data-less plans for those that need high amount of monthly minutes especially when compared to other prepaid plans;

Public - $35 unlimited Province Wide talk/text or $40 unlimited Canada wide talk/text

To get such a plan at TELUS would be $60 on post paid, $55 on prepaid would only get a person unlimited local calling.
Koodo does have that promo plan for $45 with unlimited Canada wide talk/text for BYOD, on prepaid $40 would be 500 Canada wide minutes with unlimited text. 

David
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just ran some easy maths for fun...

Koodo's new monthly plans (although very expensive) can be used as comparison. To achieve that, let's use PM's 4GB plan.

Right now, they have 3GB for $73 and 5GB for $88, so let's bring that down to 4GB and we get $80.50.

Yes, you read that right.  For a difference of half a dollar compared to a $80, 4GB plan here at PM, you get:

- access to a phone lineup and subsidies (if you need these)

- kiosks and 3rd party resellers

- roaming packages

- PHONE SUPPORT REPS (whom you can eventually talk to after going through an IVR)

- the same self-serve system as PM, but with more options

- "extended coverage" (the agreement between CDN carriers to allow roaming between themselves)

Going with these numbers, we can only conclude that over all, providing support with reps and maintaining a network of stores and kiosks only costs Telus 50 cents a month per user over what it costs them to maintain PM.

So there you have it. Forgoing all forms of live support saves you 50 cents a month.

And I'm not even a fan of Koodo's new plan pricing to begin with.....

I know first hands PM's reps don't like it, but the whole PM brass seriously needs to sit down and rethink their strategy. It's one or the other, you can't have both. Either offer prices that make sense in consideration of the DIY and BYOD aspect of things, OR keep the prices where they are and start offering people what they want (support, roaming, short codes, etc). Mid/long term, the current iteration simply cannot work, period.

(P.S.:  And before anyone mentions it, NO, rewards cannot be accounted for since they depend on the user's participation and are therefore variable and optional. Koodo's prices are guaranteed without anything else to do.)

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@sceneit, Feel free to change from your Grandfathered plan with amazing value to a so called Rewards eligible plan. PM is looking for people like you.

Just a FYI in case you do decide two things that come to mind just from the top of my head are. You will loose US & Worldwide texting and will never have access to a live customer service Rep.

@sceneit,

Do not change your current plan just for rewards.

You're way better on a grandfathered plan.

sceneit
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yep I just read a few other comments in other posts and now realize that old plan customers are not eligible.  

Thanks

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@sceneit,

Only new plans (after January 27, 2015) are eligible for rewards.

Need Help? Let's chat.