cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards when changing plans mid-cycle?

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

A friend is almost out of data with ~5 days to go. I don't think there's a "renew early" option so I'm suggesting an immediate switch to a better plan, then schedule a return to original plan (still offered) effective on following billing date. Site is asking for manual refill before proceeding. No problem but...

Will they get their Loyalty and Autopay rewards on immediate change? Will they get them on following change on billing date?

Thanks.

15 REPLIES 15

ottawa

Thank you both. I will keep an eye on it and file a request on their behalf.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kselmak  great find.  I was going from memory, and in the initial get help pages from what I remember that info was omitted as I recall discussing it with the other Oracle's at one point.

All that being said I am 100% sure you will need To ask mods to add the rewards as in the several times I did early renewals nothing was ever applied automatically. I also included the line stating they were supposed to be added and the link.

@mimmo @ottawa 

Early renewal does not forefit the rewards. When you make a payment you commit to 30 days (if your plan is 30 day plan) hence you are eligible to that reward. But for technical reasons I guess it will be credited to your account the next day.

What you forefit is the reward that was given to you for the previous cycle that you abandoned and you will not get that reward in form of credit (eg, after 15 days though switch you're plan, you lose the money 50% that you paid for that plan and the difference will not be credited, you lose the 50% of rewards that was credited to you when you made the payment for the abandoned cycle you only enjoyed 50% of it and the rest will not go back to your account it's discarded with the rest of your cycle)

You can find more here

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/reward-rules 

•  
  • If you’ve changed your plan prior to your current plan renewal date, you will receive your Reward credits after you have paid for the new plan, within approximately 24 hours. Rewards will be applied normally from then on.

madhi19
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@mimmo wrote:

@madhi19. the lunar promotion isms only for new activations (new accounts) not for plan changes.

@ottawa  if you do an early renewal then you forefit any rewards ie you pay full plan price.

Fyi in the old rules (kB) it said rewards would be applied for early renewals within 48 hours.  But this has been since removed from the new get help pages.  If you can find it in the current rewards forum in an official post from pm then you could ask for it from mods

Well good to know.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@madhi19. the lunar promotion isms only for new activations (new accounts) not for plan changes.

@ottawa  if you do an early renewal then you forefit any rewards ie you pay full plan price.

Fyi in the old rules (kB) it said rewards would be applied for early renewals within 48 hours.  But this has been since removed from the new get help pages.  If you can find it in the current rewards forum in an official post from pm then you could ask for it from mods

madhi19
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So I got a month left on my three months cycle, can I grab the lunar offer but only change it at the end of my plan?

ottawa

@PAULRANG18 wrote:

Changing plans before the next renewal will result in the loss of current plan minutes and data, as PM is a prepaid service. Best to always renew with next renewal date. Rewards will not be lost unless a member is on a specific promotion where it stipulates that a credit will be lost if plans are changed during a promotion.

Thanks for the warning, though I think "Best to always renew with next renewal date." is an over-simplification. When it's very close to end of cycle and you're out of data, an immediate change is much cheaper than buying a booster to limp through to end of billing cycle. Wasn't worried about losing their Loyalty Reward, it was more about whether the immediate change would be credited with the Rewards.

ottawa

@Jb456 wrote:

However...did they sign up on lunar promo? you can't change plans on that or you lose promo discount

Thanks for the warning, but not to worry. They signed up when it was $15/mo for CDMA. 😉

@kselmak wrote:

Yes you can renew early but you need the help of moderators

Thanks for the pointer, they went with a change in plan. I'm thinking I should book them a change back to original plan effective next billing date, now that it shows as Mar 3.

@ottawa wrote:

A friend is almost out of data with ~5 days to go. I don't think there's a "renew early" option so I'm suggesting an immediate switch to a better plan, then schedule a return to original plan (still offered) effective on following billing date. Site is asking for manual refill before proceeding. No problem but...

Will they get their Loyalty and Autopay rewards on immediate change? Will they get them on following change on billing date?

Thanks.

I have done two immediate plan changes, and one time, I got still got the rewards, and the other, I didn't. I can't say for sure what caused the rewards to be still paid one time but not the other.

There used to be a burried statement in the old help pages (it may still be there) that says that rewards will still be applied, but only within 24 hours of the change. This means that there will be no discount for the first billing cycle of the new plan but there will be extra discounts for the following renewal.

For me when it came to the time that I didn't automatically get the rewards (not even after 24 hours from the time of the plan change), moderators did manually credit me the rewards to my account balance.

@ottawa wrote:

Thank you all. I dug a little deeper and their billing date is Tue Feb 4. If the mods work M-F that will only buy them a day. Mon is still better than Tue. 

They were thinking of going from $25 to $40 because next month could be data heavy. Sounds like an immediate change would cost $40 vs $18 ($25-$7), but scheduling now for Feb 4 would cost $33. Did I have that right? I will check back with them.

Thanks.

@ottawa 

Moderators work 7 days per week.  You are correct.  If you change your plan at next renewal date, they will be charge $33 + taxes.

If your friend does an immediate plan change, they will receive the rewards after they pay for the plan change.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/rewards-faqs

If you’ve changed your plan prior to your current plan renewal date, you will receive your Reward credits after you have paid for the new plan, within approximately 24 hours. Rewards will be applied normally from then on.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Changing plans before the next renewal will result in the loss of current plan minutes and data, as PM is a prepaid service. Best to always renew with next renewal date. Rewards will not be lost unless a member is on a specific promotion where it stipulates that a credit will be lost if plans are changed during a promotion.

ottawa

Thank you all. I dug a little deeper and their billing date is Tue Feb 4. If the mods work M-F that will only buy them a day. Mon is still better than Tue. 

They were thinking of going from $25 to $40 because next month could be data heavy. Sounds like an immediate change would cost $40 vs $18 ($25-$7), but scheduling now for Feb 4 would cost $33. Did I have that right? I will check back with them.

Thanks.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@ottawa 

Yes you can renew early but you need the help of moderators

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

Yes you are entitled to your rewards, they will not happen during the payment but you'll get credit to your account, please remind the moderators about it. The next cycle date it should happen automatically, but keep your eyes on it

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

No  to the immediate change, yes to the following billing date.

@ottawa wrote:

Thanks.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

If your friend adds money to their balance to cover current plan they can contact moderators to request that they renew their plan early.

Simon.JPG

Or private message

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

However...did they sign up on lunar promo? you can't change plans on that or you loose promo discount

Need Help? Let's chat.