cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards when account is on hold

kimavi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i want to place my account on hold for some months.(want my number to be safe) and then reactivate it. will i loose my rewards as well? i currently have the following rewards

• Loyalty Reward ($1)
  • AutoPay Reward ($2)
  • Community Reward $0
  • Refer-a-Friend Reward ($1)

How do i make it happen? just by removing the auto pay?

9 REPLIES 9

J-L
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kimavi wrote:

How can i confirm this from a mod as to whether my rewards will be reinstated when i set auto pay up before 90 days

Thanks @kimavi for asking this and starting this topic. I know the general topic has been discussed before but I think there are many who don't feel confident /clear with the responses. Anyone travelling for a longer period of time than a week or two and who will not be able to use their PM phone account because of not being in Canada ( and does not want to waste money on something they cannot use) really wants/needs reassurance that they actually can insure that they will not lose their #, rewards, current plan, and

all the good things they have accrued in their account, and that it is a simple process to put it all " on hold" and then reinstate it again. 

When you get a response from a moderator (hopefully it will be clear and not ambiguous) please post here to let us know.  It's not that answers provided by the community are not good or reliable, it's that when the issue will affect your account and all that it involves people are really looking for a definite answer from a PM employee which might give more confidence that you will not lose your account and plan and rewards. 

@kimavi 

To contact moderator:

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

kimavi

How can i confirm this from a mod as to whether my rewards will be reinstated when i set auto pay up before 90 days

@kimavi 

I would give few extra days before your full 90 days to renew to be safe (ie. not day 89).  I am not absolutely sure whether you will get the full rewards right away after re-activation.  

But, you will not lose your rewards as long as you renew before 90 days.  Your rewards will continue....

kimavi

how about at 89th day.. if i renew it will be same rewards applied as today?

@kimaviYour account will be closed after 90 days.. you loose your number, selfserve access, your SIM card will be useless and yes your rewards too.

After 90days you need a new email and a new SIM card and start anew

kimavi

does this mean i loose my Loyalty Reward ($1) and Refer-a-Friend Reward ($1)

and start fresh with full account charges after 90 days?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@kimavi 

You will not lose your rewards, but you will not earn rewards when your account is on hold or suspended.  Once you re-activate, your rewards should continue.  Your next loyalty reward level ($2) will likely be delayed the number of months of suspended.  

Beware, your account can only be suspended 90 days before your plan is permanently closed and your phone number is lost.  

Just remove autopay and let your number fall into suspension.  Then you have 90 days to re-activate.  

@kimavi wrote:

i want to place my account on hold for some months.(want my number to be safe) and then reactivate it. will i loose my rewards as well? i currently have the following rewards

• Loyalty Reward ($1)
  • AutoPay Reward ($2)
  • Community Reward $0
  • Refer-a-Friend Reward ($1)

How do i make it happen? just by removing the auto pay?

An account can only be in suspended state for 90 days before it gets closed.  Your rewards will remain in your account as long as it stays open, but you won't be eligible to receive them until after a successful renewal.

Just disabling autopay won't prevent the account from renewing if there is already enough of a balance in the account to cover the plan fee. If there isn't enouch balance in the account, the renewal will fail and the account goes into suspended status.

Need Help? Let's chat.