cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards missing after the upgrade

hv397
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi All,

i just upgraded my plan at renewal date and i had $9 in my rewards. however during the upgrade it asked me to top up my account. so i did that. however after the upgrade, those rewards money which was there never applied to balance and no longer there.

i would appriciate any help regarding this issue.

Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12

swami_11jan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey Buddy , i have Rewards Balance $9 and tommorrow i have last day for my account, now i m trying to use the rewards but it not showimg me in the payments option i have 90 days plan so pls advise me how can i use the rewards balance to pay my 90 days payments for next renuval including the $ 9 balance......

Thax.....

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@hv397, we had a discussion about this some time ago.  I can't quickly recall which thread it was.  When there is a plan change from 90 days to 30 days, there is a loss of rewards by a factor of 3.  As a 90 day customer, we are accustomed to thinking that since the last renewal, we have had 90 days of time with which to accumulate rewards and come renewal time, we will get all of it.  The interpretation taken by Public Mobile is that since the new plan is only 30 days long, you can only be rewarded 30 days worth of rewards regardless of what has happened in the past 90 days.  So this is why you are seeing a reward reduction.

On the separate topic of early renewal, that causes other effects on the reward system.  I believe the reward system is programmed to convert eligible rewards into account funds on the normal renewal day.  This conversion takes place immediately prior to account renewal so that the funds are available to offset the cost of renewal.  The funds taken from the credit card via auto pay is reduced by eligible rewards.  On an early renewal, reward conversion into account funds does not take place and so full payment is required. 

BTW, this is one of the reasons why I will likely never switch out of the 90 day plan to a 30 day plan.  Something has to give before I would contemplate such a move. 

@hv397 wrote:

i might have been confused with payment due date and renewal date. coz of that i might have selected wrong option. 

My sincere apologies for the confusion. Thanks for the help.

but when try using next renewal date during the upgrade process, it was showing next month's date. so i selected for this month. Either way i am at $9 loss here.

@hv397You are not at any loss. Just $3 is deferred for 30 days. Next 30 time you will get another $3 so you will have $6 for your next 30 day plan, and then $3 for each 30 days after.

You get $3 for every 30 day plan or $9 for a 90 day plan. Same thing.

In the time you would normally have 1 renewal (90 days) you will have 3 renewals at 30 days. The only loss you will have is temporary loss of the $3 from the last renewal date which will be applied at your next renewal if you don't touch the account. Let the system do its job somewhere between "plan expired" and "plan renewal" usually at 2am the system will convert the rewards into balance and the plan renewal will come out of that balance shortly after. Unless you click "change now"

hv397

i might have been confused with payment due date and renewal date. coz of that i might have selected wrong option. 

My sincere apologies for the confusion. Thanks for the help.

but when try using next renewal date during the upgrade process, it was showing next month's date. so i selected for this month. Either way i am at $9 loss here.

@hv397 wrote:

Here is my understanding of rewards. PM gives you rewards after you make payment. so you have rewards money sitting in your account after the payment. it gets used in your next payment. i had 90 day plan before. so i had $9 in rewards available after last payment for 90 day plan. however when i upgraded to new plan, thos $9 for earlier payment was never applied to new plan payment. now i have $3 in my account now after payment of new plan.

Correct me if i am wrong in understanding of rewards.

Read the very first line of the very first reply and answer my question please. The very first thing I asked was .................. "    Did you "change plan now"?   "

The system only needs a payment when you click "CHANGE NOW" if you had to top up while auto pay was enabled it means you clicked change plan now, and didn't wait for the renewal. Rewards are done automatically at renewal not when you click change plan now. The rewards are converted during the renewal process which you did not renew it seems as you "changed plan now"

hv397

Here is my understanding of rewards. PM gives you rewards after you make payment. so you have rewards money sitting in your account after the payment. it gets used in your next payment. i had 90 day plan before. so i had $9 in rewards available after last payment for 90 day plan. however when i upgraded to new plan, thos $9 for earlier payment was never applied to new plan payment. now i have $3 in my account now after payment of new plan.

Correct me if i am wrong in understanding of rewards.

@hv397 wrote:

i had $9 in available funds at the time of upgrade. now it is showing $3 available funds. however those $9 never applied to payment when i did the upgade.

As I said, thats because your reward is $1 loyalty per 30 days, $2 auto payment for 30 days.

When you do a 90 day plan, 30x3 = 90 so it looks like there are more rewards... however its the same

$1 per 30 days or $3 per 90 days Is exactly the same

hv397

i had $9 in available funds at the time of upgrade. now it is showing $3 available funds. however those $9 never applied to payment when i did the upgade.

@hv397 wrote:

here is screen print for payment history.image.png

Your rewards are there.October 7th, you got $2 auto pay and $1 loyalty. If you were thinking they are 1/3rd of the normal value its because you switched from a 90 day plan to a 30 day plan. Which was "after" the upgrade, so your account balance should show $3 on your main page? What does "Available Funds" show on the overview page? Can you add a screen shot but remove your personal details in that one?

hv397

here is screen print for payment history.image.png

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Can you post a screen shot of your balance history in self serve

Click Payment

Click transaction History

Then post a screen shot of your reward overviews.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@hv397 wrote:

Hi All,

i just upgraded my plan at renewal date and i had $9 in my rewards. however during the upgrade it asked me to top up my account. so i did that. however after the upgrade, those rewards money which was there never applied to balance and no longer there.

i would appriciate any help regarding this issue.

Thanks.

Did you "change plan now"? If it was at "renewal" part of that process is to have your rewards converted to balance. If you are 100% sure that your "rewards" are gone, without actually being applied to your account (I hope you checked history) you will want to contact the moderator team to look into your account issues. No one here will be able to look into your details we are community helpers with no account access.

Click this to send them a message. Remember to give a full description of your issue with as much detail and include your name, account number and/or phone number and pin number so they don’t send you a message back asking for more details.

I know it can be a little frustrating to wait but they will get back to you asoon as they can between Monday-Friday 9am-9pm (EDT) and Satuday-Sunday 9AM-7:30PM (EDT) 

For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

Need Help? Let's chat.