cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards for loyalty

Hamids
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 

I have been a public mobile customer for almost 5 years, since 2016, on the same plan. I have used up all my data till October 25. 

I was wondering if I could get some sort of promotion or a reward for a better plan with more data since I have been a member for so long. 

Thank you 

15 REPLIES 15

jib_tech
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I got all those free gifts for sticking around long enough and just reached 2 years of loyalty=$2 off my bill + $2 autopay=$4! Loving the loyalty at public mobile!!

@AE_Collector 

Right around the 1st of December to my recollection.

@darlicious 

Hopefully we will know in two months… around Black Friday. I think it is usually second half of November when the free gifts announcement has arrived the last two years?

AE_Collector

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Hamids 

I think for now your best bet is to purchase the $15/1gb data add on ( yours would most likely be full speed 4G LTE if that's what your current 90 day plan has). You have about 5 weeks to go until renewal and in that time carefully consider how much data you use and if you really need full speed 4G LTE or if you would be fine with 4G throttled to 3mbps. If you needed a little faster speed switching to the 3G network only will get you on average 12mbps or up to 20mbps+ depending on time of day and network traffic if you choose to change plans on your next renewal. So have a good look at the current 30 day plans on offer and decide what is best for you.

The current 30 day plans offer much more data at cheaper prices with included Canada wide calling and international texting (except the $15 plan). You will likely be able to double your data and pay $5 to $20 less per month. You will also gain the flexibility to change plans every 30 days if your needs change. You will keep any add ons and rewards you just sacrifice data speed and most don't even notice the difference....and you will probably use a little less data as sites with video content or HDR automatically adjust resolution based on data speed.

If you choose to switch to a 30 day plan just schedule a plan change on next renewal. Don't renew early because you won't get your rewards and at a minimum of $2 autopay+$4 loyalty=$6×3(90 days)=$18 that alone will pay for the $15/1gb add on while you reconsider current plan needs.

Only 3 more months til xmas and hopefully some "more the merrier" campaign add on gifts from pm will be available again this year....for pm's loyal customer base.

Everyone seems to be answering the rewards part of @Hamids question but in reality I think he is just wanting to know how to get more data to get to October 25 and/or if a plan change would be better. Purchasing the $15 1GB add on is one way but obviously this is a 90 day plan which means almost certainly a plan change will lower the total price and/or give more total data depending which plan is changed to.

@Hamids The 30 day plans have slowly been cut in price or had more data added to them while the now unavailable 90 day plans remained as they were several years ago. Take a look at available plans to see that you likely can change to a current plan and solve your problem. You wont lose any of your existing rewards making this change. The one thing you may lose is 4G LTE data speeds if your plan has that. PM has no plans with 4G speeds now though it does operate on the LTE network with throttled speed. Most here don’t even notice the speed reduction, I certainly didn’t when I changed to PM almost three years ago.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dunkman wrote:

If you don't use that much data, you might want to purchase 1GB data add on for $15.  Unused data rolls over to next month.  

@Dunkman : Technically next month now for the OP but really for them and all of us, add-ons "rollover" through renewals. As you know. Just pickin' on the next month wrt a 90 day customer. 🙂

@Hamids 

@Hamids wrote:

I had the bonus 1 GB for 30 days. Which I saved up for over a year (using it sparingly), and the last 500 MB of it I used up this month. 

If you don't use that much data, you might want to purchase 1GB data add on for $15.  Unused data rolls over to next month.  

Hamids
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had the bonus 1 GB for 30 days. Which I saved up for over a year (using it sparingly), and the last 500 MB of it I used up this month. 

@Yummy wrote:

PM does not provide any anniversary rewards but that will be really good idea for them to consider:

1 year - 1 month free or some small special perk like 100 free Canada wide minutes or 500MB of data

2 years - 2 month free, etc.

There is loyalty reward.. $1 per month!!! that is a $12 saving per year.. Yes, we want more saving.. but to PM.. they have done their part..

and your suggestion would be really nice.. 12 years 12 months free?  13 years 13 months free?

@Dtack wrote:

@Hamids - if you have been with PM then you will already be receiving the $5.00 off a month for loyalty, do you take advantage of the $2.00 off for auto pay?  There are no other special plans specifically for loyalty, but review the plans available and see if there is something more to your liking.  I'm not sure how you could have used up your data until Oct. 25 when these are 30 day plans, but you could always renew early to obtain more data or change to a plan that better suits your needs.  Good luck! 

It is likely that the OP is on one of the then popular 90 day plans - they were discontinued by PM a couple of years ago, but, as long as you didn't change to a newer plan it's grandfathered. As mentioned above, if that is the case, then it's xGB* of full speed LTE data that you can use over the 90 period.

One option is to add the amount due to available funds and contact the CSA  to ask for an early renewal.

Or you can buy a data add-on.

Definitely make sure that you have all the data savings options on. Or only turn data on when needed.

* Not able to dig right now, but if I remember correctly those plans came with very small amounts of data (1 or 2GB/30days?, there was one that was 1.5GB/90days too) so not suitable for HD media consumption. IMHO for day to day usage of messaging services or e-mail, the difference in speed is not noticeable. 

So, if you run out of data halfway in your billing cycle on a regular basis, despite data savings options fully maxed out, it might be time to look into and change to one of the new plans that offer better bang for the buck.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dtack : This place used to offer 90 day plans.

@Hamids: It would seem that maybe the data quantity isn't working for you. Or this was a really unusual couple months for you. 1. You could be really sparing in your data usage and buy data add-ons until your renewal. 2. You could do an immediate plan change to a newer, perhaps larger data quantity plan. 3. Or you could ask the CSA's to renew your plan early.

PM does not provide any anniversary rewards but that will be really good idea for them to consider:

1 year - 1 month free or some small special perk like 100 free Canada wide minutes or 500MB of data

2 years - 2 month free, etc.

Tiprix

@HamidsI was thinking the same thing, i'm not at the 5 year mark but having something once you reached the milestone would be nice

@J_PMAs a suggestion, maybe we could access those flash deals?  The deals are quite appealing, but getting a new sim, to get a new plan, and porting our number seems like a lot of waste (especially when it comes to gas and sim card manufacturing.... why does the environment need to suffer for the sake of a better deal).  Maybe milestone customers could pay a one time fee to access those deal (e.g., maybe the fee of a sim card).... where milestones could be every 5 or 6 years.  In the end PM would benefits from the cost of it all without the need to create as much waste, the customer would be happy with the new plan (e.g. more data), and the environment is better than we left it off.

Dtack

@Hamids - if you have been with PM then you will already be receiving the $5.00 off a month for loyalty, do you take advantage of the $2.00 off for auto pay?  There are no other special plans specifically for loyalty, but review the plans available and see if there is something more to your liking.  I'm not sure how you could have used up your data until Oct. 25 when these are 30 day plans, but you could always renew early to obtain more data or change to a plan that better suits your needs.  Good luck! 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Hamids 

You are earning the $5/month loyalty rewards for being a customer more than 5 years.  There is no other special promotion/deal for long time customers at the present time.  

During the last couple of XMAS holidays, PM has given away some free Data add ons to existing customers.  

Which plan are you on presently?  Some grandfathered plans are not as good as some of the newer plans.  However, several grandfathered plans have LTE speed data while most newer plans have LTE capped to 3G speeds data .  

Need Help? Let's chat.